Malaysia : Road trip to Batu Pahat

Takuyazzz

Supercharged

That one is the old route when the highway wasn't built yet. [laugh]

I used to go the coastal route: JB > Skudai > Pekan Nanas > Pontian > ... Ayer Baloi > Sengarang ... > Batu Pahat. Used it several months back just for the fun of it and the roads are better and wider than before.

↡ Advertisement

I used to go the coastal route: JB > Skudai > Pekan Nanas > Pontian > ... Ayer Baloi > Sengarang ... > Batu Pahat. Used it several months back just for the fun of it and the roads are better and wider than before.

quite nice... tried this last yr all the way to melaka

i prefer this to the senai simpang renggam way

care to share the rd name?

claypot rice (road side stall) on jln pengkai. it's near to the Store and Garden hotel.

post-61105-1374467031_thumb.jpg

report on my recent road trip to BP. stayed at landmark hotel. this hotel is located at Jalan Oman. there is a cafe at the lobby and an open carpark manned by a security guard. facilities and outlook wise, it pales in comparasion to Katarina Hotel, but you get what you pay for.

just across the road, there is a prata shop. can always go there for breakfast. there is a guardian store around that area if you need to buy stuff. there is also a carwash facility located nearby

Bro....

Their pasar malam not interesting one lol.... One of the supper i look out for would be RAMLY BURGER.

One bite of their RAMLY BURGER, you will not eat the singapore pasar malam version.

As mentioned by some of the bros here...

1) Summit Shopping Centre - Its quite run down and not that full of life but things sold there are quite cheap (depends on what items) among the 3 shopping centres (Square one mall and BP Mall). The environment is somewhat like, run down Serangoon Shopping Centre (current situation)...

If you are looking for HP covers or require those protective screen laminates, go to the shop in front of the Poh Kong Goldsmith. They also have pirated DVD shops...

There are supposed to be plans for Summit 2 (where there will be a new hotel) but when S2 is finish building, the hotel is not opened yet (it have been like this for 2 years liao). IF you are looking for good restuarant food, try walking to crystal inn hotel. Opposite this crystal inn hotel, there is this SEA VIEW Restuarant... Food is good and affordable. I had my Wedding Dinner there :). Almost my wife's siblings (all 4 of them have their dinner banquets there ).

2) Square One Mall - Got cinema, Parkson Grand, AEON... Good for supermarket shopping. Their Parkson Grand is like our SG OG shopping centre. Still got Papa Roti here. if you are looking for Korean food, Outside Sq 1 mall, behind, there are 2 rows of L shaped shophouses. there are some interesting finds....

a) Taiwanese Ballings - A kind of Taiwanese desserts with dumplings...cant recall the name...

b) opp this dessert shop, there is a korean food restuarant. Seoul Dong...i think...

c) there are also Mian Fen Guo shop, some distance away...same row as the Taiwanese desserts....

3) BP MAll - here also got papa roti, but the stuffs here more upbeat.... Got Charlie photo (for those who like electronics)

BP Store - for supermarket shopping.

Levis tend to have off season sales. The jeans can be cheaper if you dont mind off season stuffs.

On 2nd storey, there is a shop that sell shampoo stuffs. Can be quite cheap. One of my niece's favourite hunts is POPULAR book store. Things sold here, if coupled with popular card can be cheaper due to exchange rate conversion...

Food wise, must dare to try... Some of the stalls look run down, but food is ok. Some of the food are overated.

There is one Bah Kut Teh located at one corner of the shop houses, very close to the MONKEY GOD Temple....if u can find it....i have yet to try that though....

Any reviews to share?

NExt time i will post up some pics...

post-61105-1374467447_thumb.jpg

Mr DIY at Summit shopping centre. lots of stuff available at this store. very cheap also

post-61105-1374467743_thumb.jpg

By the way, Carrefore at Square one has closed down. its been replaced by Aeon. no much changes in terms of layout and inventory. looks like they bought the shop and just changed the name ony.

there is a japanese restaurant that sells sushi at only RM1.80 per plate. went to try, was disappointed.

1) the rice in the sushi is very small, a sign of cost cutting

2) the miso soup is one of the worst i tasted. very diluted and bland

3) no tempura saucce was served with the soba tempura set.

and they played the gangnam song in a jap restaurant. very innovative.

Supercharged

report on my recent road trip to BP. stayed at landmark hotel. this hotel is located at Jalan Oman. there is a cafe at the lobby and an open carpark manned by a security guard. facilities and outlook wise, it pales in comparasion to Katarina Hotel, but you get what you pay for.

just across the road, there is a prata shop. can always go there for breakfast. there is a guardian store around that area if you need to buy stuff. there is also a carwash facility located nearby

How much a nite, bro ?

Supercharged

RM105 as i am under coprparate rate. u going to BP?

I might, but probably won't overnight there lor....cos Malacca is so near only...

that's why i dun understand when they say BP is near malacca

Its abt 100km up north so pple say its an hour away

If u go by NSHW... from BP.. u need to drive 20min or more towards yong peng... spend at least 30 or 40 min to reach ayer keroh then another 20-30min to reach melaka town

its nearer (maybe faster) if u head north via route 5 to head towards muar then cross muar river n head towards melaka

Supercharged

Its abt 100km up north so pple say its an hour away

If u go by NSHW... from BP.. u need to drive 20min or more towards yong peng... spend at least 30 or 40 min to reach ayer keroh then another 20-30min to reach melaka town

its nearer (maybe faster) if u head north via route 5 to head towards muar then cross muar river n head towards melaka

It should be less than an hour if using route 5 which includes a new 2-lane road from Muar to Melaka town, over 2nd bridge crossing the Muar river.

If use back NSH sure will be over an hour plus to reach Melaka town.

It should be less than an hour if using route 5 which includes a new 2-lane road from Muar to Melaka town, over 2nd bridge crossing the Muar river.

If use back NSH sure will be over an hour plus to reach Melaka town.

imo i doubt most pple can reach in one hour.....

from BP to Muar is abt 50 to 60 km....

most pple will take 30 to 45 min... there is only one stretch abt 30km where one can drive very fast.... provided there is no heavy vehicles...

it takes at least 10 min to get thru muar town and cross the river... unless u r driving very early or very late...

u can try... and let us know ^_^

Neutral Newbie

The entire wire court has been closed down a few years ago. They are renovating the building into a college

↡ Advertisement