Historical COE price (1990~2010)

Luoxy

Neutral Newbie

googled around, couldn't find COE chart before 2007. I made my own using data from LTA website. (note that data after 2002 are 3 month moving average instead of individual bidding)

before plotting the chart, i thought it is normal for COE to be around 15k. to my surprise, the less then 20k COE from 2005~2010 seems to be an abnormality rather then a norm.

Just for sharing and give a bit of historical perspective view of COE price.

please say "thank TS" if you find this useful, it is not a fun job to do the chart :)

post-77624-1291857975_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luoxy
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

U r saying the the normal avg price for COE shld hover ard $20-30K? Anything less than or more than tht is abnormal? [:/]

it is not what i say, the data says. the mathematical average is 26.8K.

Thanks TS.

Just curious your COE is average of catA, B (and smaller cc in the earlier days) or monitoring specific cat only?

One suggestion is also plot the number of successful Bids against year. Correlate well with price agst year.

:)

Neutral Newbie

How about a multiple regression to find the major determinants of COE: quota number, population growth, GDP, household income etc? Isolating the factors may help predict where COE is headed in coming years.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks TS.

Just curious your COE is average of catA, B (and smaller cc in the earlier days) or monitoring specific cat only?

One suggestion is also plot the number of successful Bids against year. Correlate well with price agst year.

:)

data before 05/1999 are for car (1000cc~1600cc) and after 05/1999 are for CAT A car (<1600cc)

Neutral Newbie

TS,your graph is wrong.My car COE at $2 during Nov 08 bidding.How come yours around Jan 08 to Jan 09,no show of dipping?

congrats your good timing!!!!!!

please read my post again. i mentioned that "data after 2002 are 3 month moving average instead of individual bidding"

Neutral Newbie

I see.So your explain the black line.Can explain the blue line?Why is it in tandem with the blank line?

The blue line itself after 2002 is 3 month moving avg. (LTA data)

The black line is 3 moth moving avg of blue line. (added by me)