KTV hostess shows 369 gangster how it's done

Ahtong

ST_18499632.jpg

The woman who miraculously survived a 10-storey fall last Friday and landed in a condominium pool, will leave the hospital today - with nothing more than bruises.

In an interview with The Sunday Times from her hospital bed yesterday, Chinese national and karaoke hostess Zhou Zhi Hui, 25, said doctors transferred her from a high dependency ward to a general ward yesterday at Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

'The doctors said landing in the swimming pool saved my life. If I had landed on the ground, I would have been finished. I am very lucky,' said Ms Zhou in Mandarin.

She looked tired and spoke in a soft voice because her chest would hurt when she spoke louder. She said the doctors had told her she had neither broken bones nor internal injuries, but she is taking painkillers to ease the pain in her chest and arms.

Her dramatic fall happened last Friday morning when she climbed out of her 12th-floor Balestier condominium unit at The Citrine and lost her grip, landing in the swimming pool on the second level of the 20-storey building.

She had apparently been arguing with a man she referred to as her 'landlord' over his refusal to apply for a work pass for her.

She claimed the man grew belligerent, locked her in the apartment and even took away her mobile phone.

'Can you imagine what it was like? I was so frightened. All I could think of was to get out. I did not care how I was going to do so, I just wanted to get out,' said Ms Zhou.

She said she tried to climb to a lower floor but could not hold on to the balcony as she did not have enough strength.

That was when the Shandong native, who works here as a KTV hostess, fell 10 storeys into the pool below.

'The moment I lost my grip, I thought I was going to die. I felt that I was turning in the air. Everything was a blur. And then suddenly I hit the water.'

She said she realised she had to get out of the water and began swimming furiously, before being helped out by one of the estate's cleaners.

When Ms Zhou arrived in Singapore last month to work, she never imagined she would have such a close brush with death.

She had heard from friends that she could earn good money as a KTV hostess here.

The high school graduate was working as a makeup artist in a bridal studio and also at her family's steel parts shop in Shandong. She said she made just a few hundred Singapore dollars a month.

'I came here to earn money so that I can go home and get married. Most girls of my age in China have a few kids already. Of course, I feel pressured to get married,' she said.

She borrowed 50,000 yuan (S$9,800) from her friends to pay her 'landlord' and buy a plane ticket. She did not tell her parents which country she was going to or what job she would be doing, as she knew they would object. She told only her younger sister, she said.

Before she left, she broke up with her boyfriend in China because they did not get along, but is now dating a Taiwanese salesman who is working in Singapore.

Here, she claims she worked at Tiananmen KTV & Lounge in Havelock Road and was earning more than $3,000 a month, but when The Sunday Times went there last night, all the staff members approached claimed they did not know who she was.

'It is not good to let others know that KTV hostesses can earn so much. They won't want to leave the job. Unlike me, I know this is a temporary job. I want to go back to China,' she said.

She said she had worked from 6pm to midnight almost every day for the past month and entertained customers by chatting with them and singing.

There were seven other KTV hostesses staying at her Balestier apartment, but Ms Zhou said they left one by one. Since Friday, only one friend has visited her at the hospital - her ex-roommate, a fellow Chinese national whom she will be staying with when she is discharged today.

She said she does not plan to meet her landlord again and will try to pay part of the money she borrowed from her friends with the money she has earned so far.

She said the police told her that they will speak to her when she is discharged today.

'I plan to go back to China soon. I don't know when exactly though. I came here to earn money but I want to avoid trouble,' she said, looking resigned.

Source: The Straits Times Interactive

↡ Advertisement

This tiong bu is not cunning enough. If she said she came here because father sick, mother sick .... lonely and fearful in Singapore with no BF, many a "kind hearted" soul will sure donate to her.

Literally a high-flyer :D Cops better detain her. Sekali she take off from a point block and fly back to Shandong. Worked illegally but only going to be charged for attempted suicide. Maybe the rumour that a top guy at ICA is a regular Tiananmen client is true.

Edited by Kklim

The woman who miraculously survived a 10-storey fall last Friday and landed in a condominium pool, will leave the hospital today - with nothing more than bruises.

In an interview with The Sunday Times from her hospital bed yesterday, Chinese national and karaoke hostess Zhou Zhi Hui, 25, said doctors transferred her from a high dependency ward to a general ward yesterday at Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

'The doctors said landing in the swimming pool saved my life. If I had landed on the ground, or land head first into the pool like that what's-his-name gangster who jumped only 3 storey, I would have been finished. I am very lucky,' said Ms Zhou in Mandarin.

She looked tired and spoke in a soft voice because her chest would hurt when she spoke louder. She said the doctors had told her she had neither broken bones nor internal injuries, but she is taking painkillers to ease the pain in her chest and arms.

Her dramatic fall happened last Friday morning when she climbed out of her 12th-floor Balestier condominium unit at The Citrine and lost her grip, landing in the swimming pool on the second level of the 20-storey building.

She had apparently been arguing with a man she referred to as her 'landlord' over his refusal to apply for a work pass for her.

She claimed the man grew belligerent, locked her in the apartment and even took away her mobile phone.

'Can you imagine what it was like? I was so frightened. All I could think of was to get out. I did not care how I was going to do so, I just wanted to get out,' said Ms Zhou.

She said she tried to climb to a lower floor but could not hold on to the balcony as she did not have enough strength.

That was when the Shandong native, who works here as a KTV hostess, fell 10 storeys into the pool below.

'The moment I lost my grip, I thought I was going to die. I felt that I was turning in the air. Everything was a blur. And then suddenly I hit the water.'

She said she realised she had to get out of the water and began swimming furiously, before being helped out by one of the estate's cleaners.

When Ms Zhou arrived in Singapore last month to work, she never imagined she would have such a close brush with death.

She had heard from friends that she could earn good money as a KTV hostess here.

The high school graduate was working as a makeup artist in a bridal studio and also at her family's steel parts shop in Shandong. She said she made just a few hundred Singapore dollars a month.

'I came here to earn money so that I can go home and get married. Most girls of my age in China have a few kids already. Of course, I feel pressured to get married,' she said.

She borrowed 50,000 yuan (S$9,800) from her friends to pay her 'landlord' and buy a plane ticket. She did not tell her parents which country she was going to or what job she would be doing, as she knew they would object. She told only her younger sister, she said.

Before she left, she broke up with her boyfriend in China because they did not get along, but is now dating a Taiwanese salesman who is working in Singapore.

Here, she claims she worked at Tiananmen KTV & Lounge in Havelock Road and was earning more than $3,000 a month, but when The Sunday Times went there last night, all the staff members approached claimed they did not know who she was.

'It is not good to let others know that KTV hostesses can earn so much. They won't want to leave the job. Unlike me, I know this is a temporary job. I want to go back to China,' she said.

She said she had worked from 6pm to midnight almost every day for the past month and entertained customers by chatting with them and singing.

There were seven other KTV hostesses staying at her Balestier apartment, but Ms Zhou said they left one by one. Since Friday, only one friend has visited her at the hospital - her ex-roommate, a fellow Chinese national whom she will be staying with when she is discharged today.

She said she does not plan to meet her landlord again and will try to pay part of the money she borrowed from her friends with the money she has earned so far.

She said the police told her that they will speak to her when she is discharged today.

'I plan to go back to China soon. I don't know when exactly though. I came here to earn money but I want to avoid trouble,' she said, looking resigned.

Source: The Straits Times Interactive

Extra footage of the interview that was sensored. [laugh]

I know KTV girls who work OT make much more. [rolleyes]

I know KTV girls who work OT make much more. [rolleyes]

Yes you're right. Basically more than $3000 per month. All booked by local ah sia kia or rich bosses.

She can show "369" how to "69" as well. And show "sa lak kau" how to "suck like hoe" also. [laugh]

She even assumes her professional position in the hospital photo... [:p]

She even assumes her professional position in the hospital photo... [:p]

In the medical profession (second oldest), that's called the lithotomy position. See, doctors steal the ideas of other professionals and give them a new, fancy name. [:p]

i think 369 kids cannot afford her le

Group buy? Maybe each of them can finish quickly, so only one night's purchase needed.

Don't think she'd mind - less wear-and-tear with pencil-thin dicks.

Edited by Turboflat4

Neutral Newbie

Group buy? Maybe each of them can finish quickly, so only one night's purchase needed.

Don't think she'd mind - less wear-and-tear with pencil-thin dicks.

^^ Crude but funny. I like...LOL