Kia Soul. When is it coming?

SimonTan

In July, it was release together with the world cup games.

I even went to the showroom to look see, and almost wanted to book one.

But SE said stocks not in yet, so I did not commit.

But in July, AD already taking orders....and maybe some buyers already got their COE.

But six months down the road...still never see any on the road yet.

Has the first batch on the road already?

Anyone bought and is still waiting? Any news?

Edited by SimonTan
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

In July, it was release together with the world cup games.

I even went to the showroom to look see, and almost wanted to book one.

But SE said stocks not in yet, so I did not commit.

But in July, AD already taking orders....and maybe some buyers already got their COE.

But six months down the road...still never see any on the road yet.

Has the first batch on the road already?

Anyone bought and is still waiting? Any news?

yesterday i saw one. :D

The Soul is stylish in a very unconventional way. Its styling is full of character in an arty-farty way. It doesn't look like a regular hatchback nor an SUV nor mini-MPV. Its not retro either as it doesn't ape any past designs. The fact it is very practical with 5 doors, lots of space and a hatchback for loading bulky items is a huge plus. Its like having sublectively the same level of style as a Mini, VW Beetle, Fiat 500, Citroen DS3 but without sacrificing practicality and costs much less. Like them, it really makes our roads less boring.

Its not my cup of tea but it is very popular and successful in other countries and those who bought it really rave about it.

Edited by Cttan456

this car is quite popular in the Europe areas, this is what I heard from my friends who have been there. As for Aust, its quite dominated by Kia now as well. Korean cars are doing very well in the western countries rather than Asian.

this car is quite popular in the Europe areas, this is what I heard from my friends who have been there. As for Aust, its quite dominated by Kia now as well. Korean cars are doing very well in the western countries rather than Asian.

Agreed. Korean cars really doing well in ang moh countries, wonder how come asian countries dun like korean cars? [:/]

Asian countries are still living in the past glory of the Japanese carmakers. They choose not to believe that things have changed. They still think that Japanese cars are better when Korean cars are already ahead of them.

The ang mohs, however, are objective buyers and will not go for an outdated Japanese car when a cheaper Korean car has better technology and more features and also better looking.

That Korean carmakers are rapidly gaining market share at the Japanese is not by chance. That Korean cars like the Soul, Venga, Sportage and Optima has achieved international design awards is not by chance either. That Hyundai-Kia is ranked the 5th largest automaker behind Toyota, GM, Ford, VW is not by chance. Korean cars also rank very highly in customer satisfaction surveys too.

So what is preventing Asians from buying Korean cars?

That emblem. What's the practical use of an emblem?

I think in recent yrs asian pple already changing their mindset towards korean car. Like in sg, avante and forte is the gd example tht asian pple r buying korean cars. But i personally think even though pple r buying korean cars, but they still think tht the quality of a korean car still not as gd as jap car. [:p]