Best Way to Remove Hazy Stains on Car

Saviourwu

hi guys, what do you think is the best way to remove those hazy stains (which is not removable by claybar) left over by bird s--t, tree sap, etc?

Vinegar? Bug & tar remover? Eg. Turtle Wax/Meg's. Or Paint Thinner? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

hi guys, what do you think is the best way to remove those hazy stains (which is not removable by claybar) left over by bird s--t, tree sap, etc?

how about this??

confirm remove!

No need to buy Paint Thinner!

post-42802-1292548801_thumb.jpg

and you remove the paint all together.

hazy stain? what's that?

if they have eaten into the clearcoat, there's nothing to remove.

you will need to cut a layer of the clearcoat off to flatten everything n then polish it up.

Twincharged

Depends on how long u left the stain there. If u left the bird s--t or tree sap there very long before washing off then maybe need to use machine polish. But normally just polish can already. I always use srp and it worked most of the time except those that were left there too long.

Twincharged

This over spray and fallout clay used by spray painting shops will be of great help if you can get it locally.

This will not help if the stain is caused by the bird s--t or tree sap etch into the paint.

Neutral Newbie

If you are referring to the etched marks caused by bird dropping and tree saps, chances is you will need a machine to polish it off. If it has etched in too deep, you might even need to do wet sanding to remove it.

I using petrol to clean those dirt ....

use a tissue with a bit of petrol on it, then wipe the dirt part ... after that use soap or water to clean again ... very clean and without using so much energy to wipe

Many ppl will say this way will spoilt your paint work. Stupid

My last veh with new paint work on it, i also use petrol to clean. Been doing it on my veh for past 5 years, still no damage, still new.

I am a live example not heard from someone. You may consider to try it.

If you are referring to the etched marks caused by bird dropping and tree saps, chances is you will need a machine to polish it off. If it has etched in too deep, you might even need to do wet sanding to remove it.

some are like etched marks, some are more like oily stain. There are really all sorts of things which cannot be removed by just a simple wash and claybar after leaving your car in the open for more than 1 week [:p]

Would really like to know from experts here what is the best solution for those different situations.

To summarize, here's what we know for now:

1) if etched marks, polish deep till the marks are gone. But this will also thin your paint coat

2) most situations, use some special claybar not found in singapore

3) most situations, use petrol?? (Ahbao999)

One expert used srp, what's srp by the way? [hur]

Twincharged

some are like etched marks, some are more like oily stain. There are really all sorts of things which cannot be removed by just a simple wash and claybar after leaving your car in the open for more than 1 week [:p]

Would really like to know from experts here what is the best solution for those different situations.

To summarize, here's what we know for now:

1) if etched marks, polish deep till the marks are gone. But this will also thin your paint coat

2) most situations, use some special claybar not found in singapore

3) most situations, use petrol?? (Ahbao999)

One expert used srp, what's srp by the way? [hur]

Srp is the autoglym super resin polish. For oily stain I think claybar sometimes can. Etched marks depends on how serious. Most etched marks can be removed just by hand polishing unless u left the tree sap there for a long time before washing off.

Neutral Newbie

..... Most etched marks can be removed just by hand polishing ......

Serious.....care to share the steps and products used? For me, most of the etched in water marks or bird dropping marks I encountered need to be machine polished off, sometimes even wet sanding [sweatdrop] .

Edited by Gen2

Twincharged

Serious.....care to share the steps and products used? For me, most of the etched in water marks or bird dropping marks I encountered need to be machine polished off, sometimes even wet sanding [sweatdrop] .

Not much steps. I just wash the car, claybar if never clay for long time already then use srp, meguiars ultimate compound or other polishes to remove. Water marks I always can remove just by using hand polishing. For bird dropping marks depends on how long the bird dropping has been left there. If left there for weeks then need to machine polish already. Done for many people's car already. Even bmw the paint so hard, hand polish also can remove water marks. As for wet sanding the only time I ever needed to use it to remove those etched marks is those caused by the water dripping from the ceiling. The water is abit acidic then etched very deep in.

Edited by Nzy

Not much steps. I just wash the car, claybar if never clay for long time already then use srp, meguiars ultimate compound or other polishes to remove. Water marks I always can remove just by using hand polishing. For bird dropping marks depends on how long the bird dropping has been left there. If left there for weeks then need to machine polish already. Done for many people's car already. Even bmw the paint so hard, hand polish also can remove water marks. As for wet sanding the only time I ever needed to use it to remove those etched marks is those caused by the water dripping from the ceiling. The water is abit acidic then etched very deep in.

Handpolish can remove water mark? How you do it ? How long it take for u to work on a single spot in circular motion?

Edited by Kopites

Twincharged

Handpolish can remove water mark? How you do it ? How long it take for u to work on a single spot in circular motion?

The last car i did was a hyundai getz. Around 30min for the whole car. But the water spots only on the boot and bonnet.

Twincharged

really hard... i agree. [:)] So you do freelance car grooming?

Occasionally for fun and sometimes do friends car with them.