Sound-proofing a HDB room?

Albeniz

My Soundproof windows done by were FANTASTIC! Compared a few suppliers and found that this factory-direct contractor's price is the most reasonable. Now I can have my peaceful sleep without the noise from the MRT tracks just right out of my windows.

Very sincere contractor. They even helped to check and lubricated all my windows' hinges without additional charges, due to safety issues. Would recommend him if anyone looking for windows and grilles contractors. Below is his contact:-

Join today at 10:16am and post first post at 10.22am

can't help but feel that this is an advertiser at work. dry.gif

↡ Advertisement

My Soundproof windows done by were FANTASTIC! Compared a few suppliers and found that this factory-direct contractor's price is the most reasonable. Now I can have my peaceful sleep without the noise from the MRT tracks just right out of my windows.

Very sincere contractor. They even helped to check and lubricated all my windows' hinges without additional charges, due to safety issues. Would recommend him if anyone looking for windows and grilles contractors. Below is his contact:-

if your price is cheaper than the most expensive earplugs...then maybe can consider.....

Join today at 10:16am and post first post at 10.22am

can't help but feel that this is an advertiser at work. <_<

Confirm advertiser lah. Wonder when will tio ban...

How many rooms did you do up and how much was it?

I have done up 2 rooms that faced main road.. 4 casement swing out type of doubleglazed with white powder coated frames. I went to end manufacturer and was quoted S$3700 for 8pcs of windows for both rooms.

I managed to get my contractor help me on the quotation and thru his contact, which he uses his window supplier without charging me high markup, I paid S$1500+.. damn good profit margin for double glazed window. Each room window is about 2.1m width x 1.4m height

Turbocharged

Do take note that double glazing also means more heat is trapped within your flat if windows are closed. You can always turn on the aircon though ^_^

more cold also trapped if have aircon running

Neutral Newbie

i called up a company once regarding the price of double glazing window for the entire house as it is facing CTE, they quoted me 9k to 10k for a 3 bedroom condo...

i called up a company once regarding the price of double glazing window for the entire house as it is facing CTE, they quoted me 9k to 10k for a 3 bedroom condo...

sell the house

sound from eway is too hiong liao :wacko::blink:[crazy][dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

WOW.. KTM is terribly loud.. Looks like it can become a lullaby to those living around the rail tracks. Unfortunately, I still can't get used to the MRT tracks even after so many months. Very light sleeper.. The soundproof windows are not totally soundproof for sure.. But at least helped 70%. Wondering if I should get those heavy curtains to help further..

Any recommendations?

Tried out my room's windows for about $1k odd to test out the effectiveness.

**I'm not an advertiser btw. Just wanna give commendations to those who did a good job for us. Please do not stereotype. If this doesn't help anyone, then just feedback and I can remove the post.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Sorry, I'm new to forums. not sure why there's a double entry. Anyone can advice how to remove the duplicate post?

Edited by Dolphinbaby

Neutral Newbie

I have done up 2 rooms that faced main road.. 4 casement swing out type of doubleglazed with white powder coated frames. I went to end manufacturer and was quoted S$3700 for 8pcs of windows for both rooms.

I managed to get my contractor help me on the quotation and thru his contact, which he uses his window supplier without charging me high markup, I paid S$1500+.. damn good profit margin for double glazed window. Each room window is about 2.1m width x 1.4m height

Bro, may I have your contractor's contact?

Turbocharged

"Heat" trapped = aircon trapped...

Cannot get out is the same as cannot get in

Do take note that double glazing also means more heat is trapped within your flat if windows are closed. You can always turn on the aircon though happy.gif

I always notice the closer to the high way the higher they always quote.

I am not really sure why.

:D

I always notice the closer to the high way the higher they always quote.

I am not really sure why.

:D

Maybe they need thicker and more materials? Due to noisy environment? [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

Hi All,

Good idea to double glaze window. i have an input to share.

As SimonTan suggest hairy stuff below door is also good but i suggest you to google Lorient or Loriel cant recall the spelling but provide sound proofing for office and residential. i would say affordable. local office at Kallang Place. look for mr. neil

I am not Salesman for Lorient but they used to be my supplier. i believe they have whatever sound proofing that you fellas need.

Google for Lorient.

I recently moved to a flat which was located in quite a new estate, hence a ton of construction, moving, talking. But, in you case, it's quite permanent. The train can get pretty loud and noise pollution is annoying if you have to constantly due with it, I soundproofed my room using sound proofing curtains, which were very effective in blocking out most of the noise.

It doesn't need to be repaired, but I understand your situation is permanent, hence noise cancelling curtains will do some good. Material is good, sound cancelling, from my experience, is great. Although I'm not picky, it is aesthetically pleasing

They have a blog too, it's fun to read and learn more about this topic, since you'll be tackling the issue anyways.

You answering to which post ? They were yrs ago
  • Praise 1