CTE widening, how effective?

Wind30

As a regular user of the CTE, I drive by everyday looking at the widening works.

I wonder who approved of the plans...

For CTE southbound, WHY are they widening from Yio Chu Kang Rd to PIE??? Shouldn't they be widening braddel to maybe bukit timah??

I think it is a waste of money widening the CTE southbound from YCK to Braddel since the bottleneck is at Braddel.

I think after they finish the widening works, the Jam will just start from Bukit Timah onwards....

↡ Advertisement

As a regular user of the CTE, I drive by everyday looking at the widening works.

For CTE southbound, WHY are they widening from Yio Chu Kang Rd to PIE??? Shouldn't they be widening braddel to maybe bukit timah??

I think it is a waste of money widening the CTE southbound from YCK to Braddel since the bottleneck is at Braddel.

I think after they finish the widening works, the Jam will just start from Bukit Timah onwards....

more space for you to queue.... thus shortening the jam queue

I travel southbound from SLE. I often see notices that tell me that there is heavy traffic till PIE(Changi). So it does help people like me <_<

do dual layer carriageways better....sure solve congestion...

I dream of that all the time. Another elevated highway like the one in Pasir Panjang. Less exit/ entrance. Cars travelling north to Yishun and beyond will use the top highway, joining back around SLE and TPE side so Punggol/ Sengkang ppl can use the CTE too.

if widen CTE properly and solve congestion = no excuse to suck more ERP on the cashcow CTE

if dont widen CTE = pple complain gahment do nothing except suck $$

solution = anyhow "widen" an ineffective sections of the CTE to entertain the pple.

result = gahment try very hard liao, but still jam ! ! haha ! no choice CTE ERP must still increase to $10 [:p]

How come there is no dual layer carriageways in sg? [:/]

have lah,

1. Tanjong Pagar (ECP & Tg Pagar Road)

2. Pasir Panjang (From Brani Gate to West Coast)

have lah,

1. Tanjong Pagar (ECP & Tg Pagar Road)

2. Pasir Panjang (From Brani Gate to West Coast)

i love the pasir panjang one...esp around 2am

do dual layer carriageways better....sure solve congestion...

Then be assured that your road taxes will increase proportionately on grounds of road maintenance. Citizens must foot the infrastructure bill at the end of the day, for the greater good and in the name of big big business and thus the economy. Let's also face it, the ERP is here to stay forever irregardless of the number of extra roads or lanes created.

think I've shared this before. Sorry to those who've seen it.

I was privy to an assessment by LTA to build a brand new North-South highway parallel to CTE. Investment would be in the Trillions over many many years. The analysis was that this would save travelling time on the CTE by (...wait for it...)... 5 minutes <_<

So I again share my view that it is not about how many roads we build or how many MRT tracks we have or how many buses we have. In this "little red dot" that we live in, the land mass simply cannot accomodate millions of people squeezing to the center/south of the island during the mornings and squeezing out during the evenings...

I think the way to address our traffic woes is to eliminate the need for transportation in the first place. I suggest that if people can walk to their offices from their homes, most of us would.

This means that we need to do away with the concept of "city" and "suburbs" in this little island that we live on. It also means that the Ministry of Transportation cannot solve our transportation problems. It is the Ministry of National Development that can better locate our offices and homes and hence do away with the need for transportation in the first place...

there is some effect lah..

at least its abit faster for me to exit AMK ave 1 every morning :D

also the circle line works at Lornie Road is coming to an end... got 4 lanes now, and that stretch of Lorine Road is not as congested liao.... happy! :D

If im not wrong, the CTE widening started 2 years ago ???? And still ongoing ???? [:|]

Last saturday had to use CTE northbound exit braddel road.

KNN.....10.30pm still got snail traffic. [hur]

I travel southbound from SLE. I often see notices that tell me that there is heavy traffic till PIE(Changi). So it does help people like me <_<

??? The bottleneck is at PIE so you are supposed to fix the bottleneck and DOWNSTREAM so that downstream does not choke with the increased traffic flow. Once you fix the bottleneck there should not be any JAM upstream anymore.

... dun tell me you work for LTA [sweatdrop]

Edited by Wind30

??? The bottleneck is at PIE so you are supposed to fix the bottleneck and DOWNSTREAM so that downstream does not choke with the increased traffic flow. Once you fix the bottleneck there should not be any JAM upstream anymore.

... dun tell me you work for LTA [sweatdrop]

Depends on your experience. Since I come from the SLE, I often see the jam starting from Yio Chu Kang, with a lot of cars joining CTE from there.

But you can see from my previous post that I really don't think it's about widening the CTE or PIE. Widening does help, but it can only do so much (or rather, so little)...

↡ Advertisement