Autoglym vs Duragloss vs Meguiars

Zenith_Mazda

Hi all, i personally using autoglym products. however, am looking at other products as i think there could be better detailing products out there to spice up my detailing. Pls care to share all the pros and cons of the products you have used or is using. Thank you :)

↡ Advertisement

Meguiars smell great too. Meguiars is tough work and long wait for hazing. Many ranges which can confuse beginners. But products for trim and bumper is good. 2011 ultimate series will not cause whitening of trim, not yet launch here. Just try DG, I can't beleve the polish can further remove dirt as compare to Meguiars. Waiting time is about 10 min for each polish. The shine is supers, 1st coat already can see the difference between DG n Meguiars.

For off the shelf pdt, go for autoglym n meguire, easily found in ntuc or giant. Pretty good pdt to use. Have Been using for years now.

As for dg, have to order frm md himself or get frm his dealer, may have problem getting them.

All 3 are quality pdt.

frankly i'm using autoglym. they are good but i realise its protection and shine doesnt last...thats y thinking to try out DG. meguiars too many ranges i also blur...lol. almost like every part of the car got diff product. need to switch here and there..headache.. btw may i ask u guys use hand polish using polishing cloth or microfibre cloth? if wanna use those 12V car polisher powerful enuf? thx in advance:)

Get certain products from certain brand would be the best bet imo.

that is what i have been doing so far.

I may like polishes from Menzerna but like LSP from Dodojuice and wheel cleaners from sonax.

I dont believe one brand can satisfy all your needs.

But for Megs LSP, see if you can get your hands on some M16, i used it on my car and lasted for 4months in our weather.

frankly i'm using autoglym. they are good but i realise its protection and shine doesnt last...thats y thinking to try out DG. meguiars too many ranges i also blur...lol. almost like every part of the car got diff product. need to switch here and there..headache.. btw may i ask u guys use hand polish using polishing cloth or microfibre cloth? if wanna use those 12V car polisher powerful enuf? thx in advance:)

For Meg, if u use utlimate quik Detailer n quik wax, u can apply the whole car ( Glass, trim, bumper....), will not cause whitening of trim. For wax, use NXT 2, will cause whitening. If like to know more, pm me.

Have been using DG almost 3 years since MD distributes them. Having used some of autoglym and meguiar previously, personally I liked DG becos ease of use and the result is better.

Most importantly, MD explained in details how to achieve best result from products via pms, sms or online. [laugh]

Optimum is quite worth to try. Tried it and quite like it.

Edited by Mlee

For Meg, if u use utlimate quik Detailer n quik wax, u can apply the whole car ( Glass, trim, bumper....), will not cause whitening of trim. For wax, use NXT 2, will cause whitening. If like to know more, pm me.

thats dragonl, i think i'll try out DG 1st. thx:)

Autoglym I only use their SRP which is very good in removing and cleaning the surface before I use DG product after that.

hmm, do u mean use autoglym SRP liao then use DG sealant etc? or u stopped using autoglym liao?

I have been using AG's SRP for a few years now. As mentioned, the shine is good but don't last especially in the wet season.

However, when I was looking at earlier photos of my car, the colour seems to have faded slightly.

Is it due the the AG's SRP? Anyone having the same observation?

Anyway, just finished the bottle, bought Black Magic liquid wax to try out.

Find that its very hard to wipe off cleanly, even when I apply a thin layer, as compared to AG's SRP.

Anyone can recommend a product that is 1 time application with a gloss finish?

Applying wax followed by sealant is simply too time consuming!

I think for wetter season, it will definitely affect the durability of a product. I personal feel that an AIO will give a glossy look after application but just that the durability and shine will not be as good with a LSP apply to it, some of the AIO i tried before are Duragloss #101, #501 and Optimum Poli-Seal. Well, shine and durability comes with some extra effort with the aid of a good product. [thumbsup]

Edited by Love_hes

I have been using AG's SRP for a few years now. As mentioned, the shine is good but don't last especially in the wet season.

However, when I was looking at earlier photos of my car, the colour seems to have faded slightly.

Find that its very hard to wipe off cleanly, even when I apply a thin layer, as compared to AG's SRP.

You should try DG501 or Optimum poli-seal. Both are AIO and that 1litre Poli-seal is indeed value for money.

I have seen the word DG many times, but still cannot figure it out, what is it stand for.

Anyway, care to share and pardon my minimum knowledge of car cleaning products?

I have seen the word DG many times, but still cannot figure it out, what is it stand for.

Anyway, care to share and pardon my minimum knowledge of car cleaning products?

DG stands for Duragloss. It's a brand for car detailing products....

Try google mad detailer ... The link should appear. Hope this help

I am using optimum car wax from maddriver. Supposedly able to last 5 months between each waxing but I wax every 3 months.

I love to try out shampoo. Personally I find that Duragloss 902 shampoo , Meguiars Gold Class were good.

Sorry to say that I don't really fancy autoglym stuffs.

↡ Advertisement