Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Hypersonic

Good to enjoy your lor mee after a hard journey. I also enjoy my meal after a good workout, as a reward to myself.

Your next durian MU, you do 84hrs fast?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Today trained 2.4 with my son.. Not bad.. His timing is 11:30. For sec 2, consider fast liao.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Today trained 2.4 with my son.. Not bad.. His timing is 11:30. For sec 2, consider fast liao.

Haha what's gold standard for Napfa at that age.

That's my best ever 2.4km timing actually. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

wah, father-son bonding!  [thumbsup]  [laugh]

Hypersonic

wah, father-son bonding!  [thumbsup]  [laugh]

I think more like he want to outdo me.. Thinking lao peh bei siew... Lucky I can catch up.  [laugh]

Hypersonic

came across this video, a little long at over an hour, but I think worth a watch. 

quite funny in speech this Dr Jason Fung, I like the part at ard 15 min, where he said "nobody wants to talk about it because there is no money in it".  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I think more like he want to outdo me.. Thinking lao peh bei siew... Lucky I can catch up.  [laugh]

whatever the reason, always good to have a father-son session together.  [thumbsup]

Anyway, is just a matter of time he beats you, no escape one.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I was around that time at sec 2.

Then wanna woo a sch runner, I went to join athletics/x country.

In sec 3 my 2.4 was 8.45 and cross country was under 18 mins liao.

If your son wanna run faster, let him go sian char bor :D

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Sec 3, at 8.45...  That's very fast. [thumbsup]  

Don't think my son can reach this speed in one year time.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

KNN, you so young already so tiko liao, I sec 3 my female school mate called me every evening to talk until my mother scolded, I still didnt get what was going on.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Hypersonic

Sec 3, at 8.45...  That's very fast. [thumbsup]  

I dont think is the speed you sld be worrying, is whether he going to run faster because of char bor or not.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

KNN, you so young already so tiko liao, I sec 3 my female school mate called me every evening to talk until my mother scolded, I still didnt get what was going on. [:p][laugh][laugh]

初恋情人, the motivation is very strong one lol

Those two years were my prime in fitness. Even during NS I only clocked at best just under 9

Now, I'll be happy with 12.20. But Heng ah, no need IPPT liao since 2012.

Sec 3, at 8.45... That's very fast. [thumbsup]

With good training, can be done if the motivation is strong.
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Always feel running got genes one. People in NS who can run needs no training one and smoke with us at yellow box.

haha, this sentence i agree. i can never run fast no matter how hard i train (more of like tortured during NS) or how young i was. [laugh]

my experience is that skinny ah beng driver vocation nsf who smokes have the fastest 2.4 timing.

Edited by Kxbc

Hypersonic

haha, this sentence i agree. i can never run fast no matter how hard i train (more of like tortured during NS) or how young i was. [laugh]

my experience is that skinny ah beng driver vocation nsf who smokes have the fastest 2.4 timing.

Yup a lot of it are due to genetics and also some people have natural high VO2 max. 

I also can't run one. But i know it's due to my decreased lung capacity.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Yup a lot of it are due to genetics and also some people have natural high VO2 max.

I also can't run one. But i know it's due to my decreased lung capacity.

Vo2 max can improve one once you progress from cardio exercise to interval runs or tempo runs. I have stopped all my cardio training.

But i am not disagreeing on the gene, coz there always some older runners that amazed me in their speed which I know i can never achieved. But that doesn't stop me from your training hard and hoping to close the gap.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Vo2 max can improve one once you progress from cardio exercise to interval runs or tempo runs. I have stopped all my cardio training.

But i am not disagreeing on the gene, coz there always some older runners that amazed me in their speed which I know i can never achieved. But that doesn't stop me from your training hard and hoping to close the gap.

Based on my layman understanding, there are some people who can't really improve their VO2 max via exercise. I watched it on a BBC programme. They can do genetic studies to see which type you are.

On the show, Michael Mosley did HIIT for 1 month. His VO2 max improvement was minimal. Well the blood test he did before he started out, the researchers predicted that he wouldn't see an improvement.

Hypersonic

But it's not really in my scope of interest currently. Due to my lung capacity, the benefits of exercise will always be limited for me.

↡ Advertisement