Cooking myself

Blackwind

I think the ingredients and effort gonna cost you alot. Why not just order MacD or drive through to MacD and be done with it?

↡ Advertisement

I think the ingredients and effort gonna cost you alot. Why not just order MacD or drive through to MacD and be done with it?

i think ts wants to cook everyday, cant be everyday eat mac right? [laugh] [laugh]

post-30205-1293680794_thumb.jpg

wanted to try chewbacca's dish but decided to start from the easiest dish

first up

unltd's spagetti and chicken with barilla sauce

looks: 9/10

taste: 7/10

health factor: seems quite healthy

other comments:

when i was cooking the chicken with barilla sauce the chicken took too long to get done(arnd 40mins)... by then the barilla sauce has all dried up... but not to worry i added another round of barilla sauce over it to salvage the moment

i took considerable time removing the burnt spagetti formed at the base of my utensil

post-30205-1293680761_thumb.jpg

me too haha....

shouldn't it be 'cooking for myself'?

haha "cooking for myself" will not be right cos i don't intend to only cook for myself

If you've got any dietary constraints, tell me, then i can decide what recipes to give, scared of offending people.

no dietry constraints hahaha

the reason why i dont eat fish, prawn, crab etc is bcos im too lazy to remove the shells/bones... not due to the taste

like i said im very bad at appreciating tasty food... thats y i have a tendency to eat things which are more convenient to consume

here's my contribution:

2xpack myojo chicken instant mee

1xcan moon abalone

2x egg

- mix abalone sauce with water and bring to boil

- add mee and cook

- slice the abalone to bite size portion.

- when mee soften, put in the egg and abalone

- wait for 1min and serve

tips on cooking spagetti.

Add some olive oil and salt when cooking it.

once its fully cooked. scop out and put directly in ice water.

This will make the spagetti more Q and taste nicer.

You can actually cook more and store it in the refridgerator for future. Just add some olive oil, mix abit and wrap the bowl with plastic wrap.

as for the sauce, different ppl have different preference. Some ppl like olio olio style, which is to cook the spagetti with the sauce, stir-fry method.

For me, I prefer to cook the sauce seperately and pour it on the spagetti.

If you like the red(tomato) sauce.

I used to add olive oil when cooking spaghetti but not anymore after attending cooking classes. The instructor mentioned that adding olive oil make it difficult to scoop from the boiling pot when spaghetti is done. You can always add a drizzle of olive on top of the spaghetti when serving.

Tips for spaghetti:

- This one learnt from AFC and proven. When cooking just spaghetti in boiling water, try to make the water as salty as seawater. This will enhance the level of the taste of the spaghetti

- If you are like me who like to cook spaghetti and sauce separately, try to cook the spaghetti a minute less as instructed on the package. The reason is when your sauce is hot and you pour it on top of the spaghetti, the heat from the sauce will slow cook the spaghetti and the doneness will be just right when served.

Enjoy!!

yup i kinda agree which is why i gave up cooking(the moment i started) long time ago....

convenience had always been my priority

however hygiene/health factor has become my priority after seeing too many incidents at foodcourts and restaurants... ^_^

I used to add olive oil when cooking spaghetti but not anymore after attending cooking classes. The instructor mentioned that adding olive oil make it difficult to scoop from the boiling pot when spaghetti is done. You can always add a drizzle of olive on top of the spaghetti when serving.

Tips for spaghetti:

- This one learnt from AFC and proven. When cooking just spaghetti in boiling water, try to make the water as salty as seawater. This will enhance the level of the taste of the spaghetti

- If you are like me who like to cook spaghetti and sauce separately, try to cook the spaghetti a minute less as instructed on the package. The reason is when your sauce is hot and you pour it on top of the spaghetti, the heat from the sauce will slow cook the spaghetti and the doneness will be just right when served.

Enjoy!!

hmn..ok I have no problem taking out the spagetti though.

Ya..Put more salt and the spagetti will taste much better.

why the hell do u wana cook yrself?

like i said in my very first post... i don't want to leave the cooking to be done by ppl who don't practice basic hygiene

edit: my mistake... i believe it was sarcastic qtn... my fault for realizing it so late ^_^

Edited by Blackwind

i like to thank everyone

to show my appreciation i will try to cook and do a review on each and everyone of the dishes shared by fellow forumers ^_^

Tips for spaghetti:

Enjoy!!

A generous amount of red wine when frying the minced meat works wonder.

For mushrooms, white button shrooms FTW!

Why do you get burnt spaghetti on the pot?

i think i did not stir enough so those spaghetti at the bottom remained at the bottom and got burnt.... like maggie mee i guess

i think i did not stir enough so those spaghetti at the bottom remained at the bottom and got burnt.... like maggie mee i guess

But from your pic you cooked the spaghetti and the sauce separately right? I never got my spaghetti stuck on the pot before even though I seldom stir it, maybe is the pot?

↡ Advertisement