"Gahmen makes profit from an honest mistake!"

Berncsp76

Sunday, January 02, 2011ERP fine

My car pass a ERP gantry point with the ERP card not properly inserted. I discovered it immediately and called to inform LTA. They said, "wait for the notice".

The ERP notice came one week later. The ERP fee was $1 and the fine was $10. I wonder why the LTA refused to collect the $1 from me, when I found the mistake. They wanted to impose the fine of $10 for the oversight. This is inconsiderate. They government wants to make a profit from an honest mistake!

I am aware that the LTA did have some administrative work to print and mail the notice. But this is work that they create for themselves under their system. If they have a friendlier system, they could have taken my report and notify the computer that the matter was settled. But, the LTA preferred to follow their own procedure, for their own convenience, and impost a cost on the citizens.

I hope that our government leaders and civil servants realize that they have to treat the people fairly and not impose a burden on them.

Tan Kin Lian

Nuff said..... [mad][knife][rifle][whip][furious]

↡ Advertisement

Please note there is no such thing as a fine for forgetting to insert cashcard.

It has always been known as "Admin Fee" for troubling them to send u notice and manually process ur payment.

This is a classic case of describing the event to own's advantage.

Of cos ur the one paying u say its honest mistake u notify straight away u shouldn't pay?

If ur the one receiving the admin fee would U say that? of cos not. U call and inform so wat?

I no need to manually process ur payment anymore? Still need wat.

The admin fee is to discourage ppl who forget. OF cos no one will on purpose not insert cashcard or forget to topup.

EVERYONE who paid the admin fee all forget. That is the purpose of admin fee. To discourage forgetfulness and serve as a reminder.

Very effective if u ask me.

Comon la. Everyone forget all call in den all waive? den have admin fee for wat?

If IU spoil and they dun waive, than that is not fair. THIS. I SAY FAIR.

Edited by Nf0rc3r

It has always been known as "Admin Fee" for troubling them to send u notice and manually process ur payment.

Of cos ur the one paying u say its honest mistake u notify straight away u shouldn't pay?

If ur the one receiving the admin fee would U say that? of cos not. U call and inform so wat?

The admin fee is to discourage ppl who forget. OF cos no one will on purpose not insert cashcard or forget to topup.

EVERYONE who paid the admin fee all forget. That is the purpose of admin fee. To discourage forgetfulness and serve as a reminder.

Comon la. Everyone forget all call in den all waive? den have admin fee for wat?

also called overhead charges.

Turbocharged

Fair only if the guy totally forget about inserting the cashcard or topping up the cashcard.

Unfair if it is a genuine mistake.

My take is that LTA should give a person up to a day to own up. If after a day nothing happens, then slap it with the $10 admin fee.

to the gahmen, there is no honest mistake from peasants.... Only they themselves can say that not us. Just pay up using axs and save 2dlrs. Next time just put ur cashcard inside properly b4 u move off or buy a cashcard sealer. No point arguing unless u r some1 son or daughter.

Sunday, January 02, 2011ERP fine

My car pass a ERP gantry point with the ERP card not properly inserted. I discovered it immediately and called to inform LTA. They said, "wait for the notice".

The ERP notice came one week later. The ERP fee was $1 and the fine was $10. I wonder why the LTA refused to collect the $1 from me, when I found the mistake. They wanted to impose the fine of $10 for the oversight. This is inconsiderate. They government wants to make a profit from an honest mistake!

I am aware that the LTA did have some administrative work to print and mail the notice. But this is work that they create for themselves under their system. If they have a friendlier system, they could have taken my report and notify the computer that the matter was settled. But, the LTA preferred to follow their own procedure, for their own convenience, and impost a cost on the citizens.

I hope that our government leaders and civil servants realize that they have to treat the people fairly and not impose a burden on them.

Tan Kin Lian

Nuff said..... [mad][knife][rifle][whip][furious]

LTA wants to collect the ERP charges however driver did not want LTA to collect as he did not insert cashcard properly into IU unit.

It had happened to me as well and I just wrote in and they waive off admin fee.

Modes of payment for the ERP charges via chq or via ATM by appointed banks (POSB/UOB/OCBC etc).

I just paid my $0.50 ERP charges over the weekend.

Turbocharged

my car has a cocked up IU unit. every few times it passes by gantry, erp sensors cannot detect and deduct. LTA has configured the system such that each time it happens, they would automatically send a letter to me to go for inspection (electronically generated).

each time, they found nothing wrong with IU unit.

after the 3rd time i couldn't be arsed anymore (yeah its my fault) and now i'm staring at a court date.

moral : LTA - heads they win tails you lose.

i oso kena b4 while turning fr Durnurn rd to bencoolen, 4get to take out the sunshield cover on the IU.

then stop along street phoned LTA xplaind to them my mistake over that "condomn".

they sent me a notice 4me 2go sin min 2chk IU.

in sin min technician oso chk my cashcard whether got enug "lui" or not.

when they r satisfied my c/card had enuf "lui" they stamped my notice & let me F/O, w/out paying any $...

my car has a cocked up IU unit. every few times it passes by gantry, erp sensors cannot detect and deduct. LTA has configured the system such that each time it happens, they would automatically send a letter to me to go for inspection (electronically generated).

each time, they found nothing wrong with IU unit.

after the 3rd time i couldn't be arsed anymore (yeah its my fault) and now i'm staring at a court date.

moral : LTA - heads they win tails you lose.

not as bad as mine. i deposited $10 into my acc @ nite into ocb* atm. So happen tt day no reciept and i check the a/c balance, it did not reflect the new value.. i call up and was told it wuld take 3 working days. 3 working days over i call they say nt their pasa as im using ntuc savings card so nth to do with ocbc. So must call another line but the operating hours so short. In the end arrow here arrow there..also sian to chase my $10 back frm the bank. atm gobble my $10. sigh...lucky only ten bucks..

I wonder why they cannot implement a system where if you forget to insert cashcard while passing a gantry, the amount oweing will be deducted when you pass through another gantry.

If someone pass through 3 consecutive gantries without a cashcard, he gets a nice fine.

I wonder why they cannot implement a system where if you forget to insert cashcard while passing a gantry, the amount oweing will be deducted when you pass through another gantry.

If someone pass through 3 consecutive gantries without a cashcard, he gets a nice fine.

if like that how to give bonus to the admin staff??? thats why they say admin fee mah

Edited by Swingarm

Pls don't give them any new ideas..... If they are going to implement that. You will see gantries everywhere!!

Got GIRO system and some credit card companies got a few % rebates [:p] .

↡ Advertisement