Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

06 wish has champion FC.

no surprise there.

whereas not the case for 09 wish. which hovers under 10km/litre

ur gearbox still going strong?

since its a PI, i reckon u service with outside workshop and not Borneo right?

Yep service outside - last time was at Bosch (A1 service!) before that two rounds in JB, before that, Stamford - also champion service.

Gearbox is still great - everything is still great (*knock* *knock*)

hey... just wondering, 18/19inch with a full load of passengers, will u hit the wheel arc? ( i donno how to phrase it correctly)

Would suggest that if you want to go that far, you change the shocks / springs combo, also think that if want to fit 19 inch rims you will probably want some mild performance mods and then would reccommend a brake upgrade as well - think Jeremy over at motorex would be the one to help you with that.

Yep service outside - last time was at Bosch (A1 service!) before that two rounds in JB, before that, Stamford - also champion service.

Gearbox is still great - everything is still great (*knock* *knock*)

Wow. Service at stamford not ex meh?

No leh - was ok. The service was also good, and the manager was very friendly and helpful. Also I always felt like could trust what they were doing, sometimes I go to the neighbourhood workshop have to be very careful I not taken for ang moh carrot and chopped lor - at least Stamford got "fixed pricing"

whereas not the case for 09 wish. which hovers under 10km/litre

I thot the new 09/10 one is better in FC - 15km/l??...this is now the CVT 7 speeder one ...not the 09 2.0L with the 4 speed auto.

Any new 2010 CVT owners here could give an indication?

Anyway, let's wait and see...i will be getting my ride soon , if it's anything below 10km/l will be a dissappointment...

current ride is around 10 too...but is a small hatch..so compare to this...I am expecting better FC...that one of the reason i decided to go for it...and also other passive safety stuff.

What about the taxis - i see a lot of them on the road...and I guess they could have modified to use CNG...so much more furgal..

15km per litre? Impossible la

That's what written on the brochure..and I thot those things are regulated in SG here...otherwise will get sued!

Probably not 15 as stated but if can get 12-15 i will be mightly impresse...MPV at this size and weight...pretty good!

So where are those 09/2010 wish owners...care to share your FC?.....Last couple of days seen a lot of new wish on the road...maybe it's me, went out more often these few days...is one common car now...

easily saw 10 today on the road...less the taxis... [laugh]

I ever get 17km/l out of my '06 - with four adults, child and luggage on board.

NSH ?

cooling weather?

using trip meter?

i do believe that the 06 wish might be possible.

but not the new one.

ok i'm a skeptic

i think it really up to individual on what they want.if you want fuel economy,go for 15inch.Good pickup speed and comfort not to mention cheaper cost of tyres also.avg fuel consumption is 13km/lit..If you are looking for outlook.I would prefer 18inch.rims and tyres look rather proportional to car body.avg fuel consumption is 11km/lit..its the same for my previous set of 17inch rims....19inch with low profile tyres looks damd chio chio..haha which i will be looking at next..

toyotawishclub not that active like before..guess alot of those old bird had changed car..buy and sell folder is almost stagnant..

when i was on 16inch rims .. i maintain 120km/h.. max 130km/h on the NSH.. travel about 180km... speedo was like 15km per litre. LOL

NSH ?

cooling weather?

using trip meter?

i do believe that the 06 wish might be possible.

but not the new one.

ok i'm a skeptic

15km/l in sg ah... i reckon have to be 80% highway.. and speed not more than 90km/h

but.. the main point is.. i believe its possible. 06 model

on the other hand... the new 1.8.. have 7 speed cvt...

hmmm... you can have the best tools.. but if you don't know how to use it properly.. you won't achieve most of it..

i think it really up to individual on what they want.if you want fuel economy,go for 15inch.Good pickup speed and comfort not to mention cheaper cost of tyres also.avg fuel consumption is 13km/lit..If you are looking for outlook.I would prefer 18inch.rims and tyres look rather proportional to car body.avg fuel consumption is 11km/lit..its the same for my previous set of 17inch rims....19inch with low profile tyres looks damd chio chio..haha which i will be looking at next..

toyotawishclub not that active like before..guess alot of those old bird had changed car..buy and sell folder is almost stagnant..

ya lor... im still waiting for dekit sales.... haiz

oh.. just remembered something... new wish on CVT...

need more maintenance than other auto GB...

Howcome, i thot CVT has been around for sometime - only need to be careful with the ATF change...use specific ones for CVT and not he normal ones..

aisay...under warranty...send back to serviceleh...they will know what to do...

hence with the CVT + 7 speedo...will this make it better vs the 4 pot in terms of FC? i know the previous model was good in FC. and the new one they says it's suppose to be 20% better than the outgoing model....

oe the 7 spped cvt is just a sales gimmic to say this is better than the old one???

cannot be right...this is T, heck not sure, anyway, it's going to be my 1st T - so let's see how it goes....so far SE Service vs others, miles better than H, coz H SE dun even wan to entertain me when i bought my family to their showroom...(maybe I was in sandals, bermudas and tee.....)looking like a chinaman from a remote insland somewhere... [laugh]

back to the car - anyone chnage the tyres to 205/15? is this possible? I am thinking for better handling and safety reasons...

15km/l in sg ah... i reckon have to be 80% highway.. and speed not more than 90km/h

but.. the main point is.. i believe its possible. 06 model

on the other hand... the new 1.8.. have 7 speed cvt...

hmmm... you can have the best tools.. but if you don't know how to use it properly.. you won't achieve most of it..

[laugh][laugh] ..true, true...with all the powers in your hands and you don't know how to control it..what's the point..

anything more than 10 is already good....my manual car year ago got me 10-12km/l...and that was a sedan...so now with auto and this size of car...heck what do you expect!!

10 -15 is darn good already...say averagely 12km/l - 55litres = 55x12km=660km per full tank..acceptable? no?

↡ Advertisement