Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

Mine 09 Wish. In sg average FC 12km/l 40%city 60% expressway . Best FC ever to Cameron highlands at average FC 13km/l round trip around 1500km, doing 140km/h average on the NSH. Mine is on 15"....

↡ Advertisement

Hi Pokyman....got yor wish!!! me, still waiting for mine...bloody$##@#%....no eye see...did they ask you to top up???

So how's the ride??? good? 10 km/l is bad leh...

lol, i tot u got urs at Dec10? Well, its about 2 weeks old for my Wish, not bad... Quite good. Engine performance, comfort and space is there, as compared to my sedan. FC is fubared maybe because car still running in. Manual said to run in about 1000KM, so maybe lah....

Only grouse i had is the brakes. Had to step harder instead of just tapping. Maybe rear drum brakes.. nbz.... pui ... 1000km servicing see can tighten the brake hose or something like that, dunno can be done or not ...

Supposed the 7 speed CVT dual VVTi blah blah suppsoed to be better in FC than the past models. Somemore claimed "Best in Class" FC and performance. So, see how after the next few tanks and run-in bah ....

06 wish has champion FC.

no surprise there.

whereas not the case for 09 wish. which hovers under 10km/litre

ur gearbox still going strong?

since its a PI, i reckon u service with outside workshop and not Borneo right?

Wish doesn't have champion FC, but more like this kind of FC is very good for its size and pickup. Most old wishes since 2003 are PI-ed from Japan, until BM brought in the 2,000 cc thai made about 2 years back and now finally changing to the current 1.8 dual vvti, phasing out the 2,000 cc.

In my opinion, wish are very common in singapore, the most popular mpv for many reasons even though its PI. Most common workshops has parts (mostly the 1.6 Altis parts) and know how to service. No point going back to authorised workshop to be chop carrot but if you play it safe, go back to BM. Its been this way even when it was all PI and has been no ones baby, during many years when BM only sell the 1.6 and 2.0 and 2.4 lits .

Why drum brakes? No maintenance needed and no brake pad to change! All MPVs has long brake distance, just beware when driving.

Mine 09 Wish. In sg average FC 12km/l 40%city 60% expressway . Best FC ever to Cameron highlands at average FC 13km/l round trip around 1500km, doing 140km/h average on the NSH. Mine is on 15"....

Cameron difficult to explore lah...as you will be in 2/3 gear all the time during the hill climb...

but on the way to Cameron would be a good indication... [laugh]

yours 09 wish is the CVT or the 4 pot 2l?

lol, i tot u got urs at Dec10? Well, its about 2 weeks old for my Wish, not bad... Quite good. Engine performance, comfort and space is there, as compared to my sedan. FC is fubared maybe because car still running in. Manual said to run in about 1000KM, so maybe lah....

Only grouse i had is the brakes. Had to step harder instead of just tapping. Maybe rear drum brakes.. nbz.... pui ... 1000km servicing see can tighten the brake hose or something like that, dunno can be done or not ...

didn't get in dec - wt#....coz of the sudden jump in coe...waited until now...and still waiting..neck also long already! Hopefully by end of this week can get....otherwise dunno what to say!

Yah - prolly they will tighten something and loosen something.... [laugh]:D give it sometime and see...otherwise we go back to BM and ask them to show us how the f#$% did they arrive at that number... :wacko:

Supposed the 7 speed CVT dual VVTi blah blah suppsoed to be better in FC than the past models. Somemore claimed "Best in Class" FC and performance. So, see how after the next few tanks and run-in bah ....

it's a sales gimmic - so can we sue them? :angry:

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys. I need information help. I am looking for Denso Iridium Spark Plugs supplier that is cheaper than market price. Any recommendations?

Any parts shop in JB you should be able to find...cheaper coz in RM mah... [rolleyes]

that's where i go and get my parts and change tyres and rims...

Look around in JB - surely you can find it there...

That's what written on the brochure..and I thot those things are regulated in SG here...otherwise will get sued!

Probably not 15 as stated but if can get 12-15 i will be mightly impresse...MPV at this size and weight...pretty good!

So where are those 09/2010 wish owners...care to share your FC?.....Last couple of days seen a lot of new wish on the road...maybe it's me, went out more often these few days...is one common car now...

easily saw 10 today on the road...less the taxis... [laugh]

I was considering between stream, wish and c4gp 2 months ago. Finally got myself c4gp cos is the cheapest among all. Very good specs include moonroof, factory 17" rims, cruise control, speed limiter, 3 row aircon with 4 climatic zone and average 12km/ltr not forgeting the car is >200kg heavier than wish and stream. Only set back probably will be higher maintenace cost but CnC include free servicing till 60k. Cheers

How to tighten brake hose? Change to stainless steel brake hose if you prefer better response (but not necessary better braking distance).

Wish doesn't have champion FC, but more like this kind of FC is very good for its size and pickup. Most old wishes since 2003 are PI-ed from Japan, until BM brought in the 2,000 cc thai made about 2 years back and now finally changing to the current 1.8 dual vvti, phasing out the 2,000 cc.

In my opinion, wish are very common in singapore, the most popular mpv for many reasons even though its PI. Most common workshops has parts (mostly the 1.6 Altis parts) and know how to service. No point going back to authorised workshop to be chop carrot but if you play it safe, go back to BM. Its been this way even when it was all PI and has been no ones baby, during many years when BM only sell the 1.6 and 2.0 and 2.4 lits .

Why drum brakes? No maintenance needed and no brake pad to change! All MPVs has long brake distance, just beware when driving.

Who says drum brakes no maintenance needed? You'll still need to take out the drum brakes to clear the brake dust inside and this task can be quite tedious. There are also brake shoes (instead of brake pads) to be changed. It's just that brake shoes can last longer than brake pads.

Edited by Weewee1976

I was considering between stream, wish and c4gp 2 months ago. Finally got myself c4gp cos is the cheapest among all. Very good specs include moonroof, factory 17" rims, cruise control, speed limiter, 3 row aircon with 4 climatic zone and average 12km/ltr not forgeting the car is >200kg heavier than wish and stream. Only set back probably will be higher maintenace cost but CnC include free servicing till 60k. Cheers

yes agree - i was there on the last day of the promotion and the price was really good...I think there were 2 cars left and the SE was like pitting against omne another to clear the stock.

I was so tempted and needed sometimne to calculate the price as I did not like the offer price for my ride...it was a bit low. By the time, i decided the next day...it was all gone..

you must have beat me to it!!!

But yes, it was a good price back then - the cheapest MPV...good ride man! and wish was my next option after the promotion was over, as it was the cheapest vs the lot with it's features... [:p]

Who says drum brakes no maintenance needed? You'll still need to take out the drum brakes to clear the brake dust inside and this task can be quite tedious. There are also brake shoes (instead of brake pads) to be changed. It's just that brake shoes can last longer than brake pads.

yes - you are right...there are some maintenance needed...i recall my old banger needed some changes - it's similar to a brake pad but i am not sure how it looks like already.

but it's quite long lasting...i remember i change the pads around 120km interval....it means easily 3-5 yrs you only change once...and it's cheaper than disc pads..

so in the end performance wise not so good, but the price is cheap.. [rolleyes] no need to complain..

But darn, in this age and time - still use drum brakes!!

it's a sales gimmic - so can we sue them? :angry:

lol, not so fast lah ... my FC now bad coz i think its running in. 10km/L not too bad liao if u consider the weight of the car, plus 3daults and 2 kids daily commute AND my 70-80% City travel ... ughhh ...

↡ Advertisement