Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

yes - you are right...there are some maintenance needed...i recall my old banger needed some changes - it's similar to a brake pad but i am not sure how it looks like already.

but it's quite long lasting...i remember i change the pads around 120km interval....it means easily 3-5 yrs you only change once...and it's cheaper than disc pads..

so in the end performance wise not so good, but the price is cheap.. [rolleyes] no need to complain..

But darn, in this age and time - still use drum brakes!!

I was reading about how frequent braking (especially down sharp inclines) could cause the drum brakes to lose effectiveness as the heat cannot be disspated fast enough .... wonder if going down Genting wo tai chi boh .... :o

↡ Advertisement

mine is PI wish.. 7speed cvt...1.8x...but I get only the average 13km/l for all my trip on NSH..maybe i travel a little bit fast 140km/l on average...

I have an '06 Wish, so far has done 180,000 km

1. My average consumption is 11.1 km/l (measured over the last 12,000 km)

2. Most I have pumped is 53 litres

3. Have personally done 80 km with the light on, see no reason why you can't get over 100 with the light on.

4. I'm running on 215/50/17. Speedo is within 5km of what GPS reads

5. So far no work done - only scheduled maintenance and tyre changes.

You are achieving very good fc for your wish.

I guess I was very heavy footed, only managed to clock 10.5km/l or 11 at best....

Well, it's history..

by the way, do you want the original (black) side mirror cover?

U are right, i have been driving my 09' wish for slightly more tahn a year. the best i can get on mostly highways is abt 13. and worst case where city driving- 7

really disappointed with the FC. i think a honda stream can consistently get 11 and above..

lol, not so fast lah ... my FC now bad coz i think its running in. 10km/L not too bad liao if u consider the weight of the car, plus 3daults and 2 kids daily commute AND my 70-80% City travel ... ughhh ...

kiddng leh...where got tiem and $$ to go and sue them....wasted!

Anyway, just enjoy the ride and mod here and there a bit loh and also be a light footer....dun tekan tekan all the time coz powderful engine... [laugh]

mine is PI wish.. 7speed cvt...1.8x...but I get only the average 13km/l for all my trip on NSH..maybe i travel a little bit fast 140km/l on average...

13 km/l is very good already...my small hatchback only can get 12 max on highway...somemore not speeding one 110-130...smaller car, smaller CC and smaller power...

i guess 12-13 is good already for wish....and to hit 15, you need to have ideal condition....that is, no speeding and with aircon off...and rolling down hill ...kkekekke :D

Neutral Newbie

I been driving 09 wish for 1.5yrs already. Beginning only getting 10+ km/l at most 11+... I had 17

Inch since the first day i got my car with soundproof and another audio accessoriea added. Last few months i been getting 12+ constantly and occassionally 13+ . I believed if u travel more on the expresswway then it is not difficult to achieve this fuel result.

• Praise 1

I been driving 09 wish for 1.5yrs already. Beginning only getting 10+ km/l at most 11+... I had 17

Inch since the first day i got my car with soundproof and another audio accessoriea added. Last few months i been getting 12+ constantly and occassionally 13+ . I believed if u travel more on the expresswway then it is not difficult to achieve this fuel result.

Great the hear the news for a actual user - I think 15km/l is possible base on the basic 15" rims...as most of the ppl here have upgraded thier ride..to 17"..surely have some impact on the FC with bigger rims..

one other question - 17" rims - wouldn't that be an over kill? 16" would just be nice...and 15" does no justice to the size of the car...

won't the 17" rims hit the absorber or whatever that is holding the tyres/rims....???

and i thot the rule of thumb when you want to go for an upsize is not to exceed the 3% increase from the base? I think 17" exceeded this rule...i think did not do the calculations...normally it's only one size up..

• Praise 1

Great the hear the news for a actual user - I think 15km/l is possible base on the basic 15" rims...as most of the ppl here have upgraded thier ride..to 17"..surely have some impact on the FC with bigger rims..

one other question - 17" rims - wouldn't that be an over kill? 16" would just be nice...and 15" does no justice to the size of the car...

won't the 17" rims hit the absorber or whatever that is holding the tyres/rims....???

and i thot the rule of thumb when you want to go for an upsize is not to exceed the 3% increase from the base? I think 17" exceeded this rule...i think did not do the calculations...normally it's only one size up..

bigger rims but with lower profile rubber to try to maintain the same rolling diameter as stock rim/tyre combo. Think u got ur theory mixed up [:p]

bigger rims but with lower profile rubber to try to maintain the same rolling diameter as stock rim/tyre combo. Think u got ur theory mixed up [:p]

Not really as bigger tyre profile also means wider tyre width and that may hit the fender under full load conditions. Therefore rim offset, other than tyre profile, is also important when upsizing rims.

• Praise 1

Not really as bigger tyre profile also means wider tyre width and that may hit the fender under full load conditions. Therefore rim offset, other than tyre profile, is also important when upsizing rims.

oh ya, forgot about width. pardon me

Howcome, i thot CVT has been around for sometime - only need to be careful with the ATF change...use specific ones for CVT and not he normal ones..

aisay...under warranty...send back to serviceleh...they will know what to do...

hence with the CVT + 7 speedo...will this make it better vs the 4 pot in terms of FC? i know the previous model was good in FC. and the new one they says it's suppose to be 20% better than the outgoing model....

oe the 7 spped cvt is just a sales gimmic to say this is better than the old one???

cannot be right...this is T, heck not sure, anyway, it's going to be my 1st T - so let's see how it goes....so far SE Service vs others, miles better than H, coz H SE dun even wan to entertain me when i bought my family to their showroom...(maybe I was in sandals, bermudas and tee.....)looking like a chinaman from a remote insland somewhere... [laugh]

back to the car - anyone chnage the tyres to 205/15? is this possible? I am thinking for better handling and safety reasons...

In a nut shell, when GB change gear.. the rpm drops.. but for CVT ones.. it just continues lor.. that's why it's efficient la..

that's why it's more expensive also ba..

CVT fluids cost more than ATF also.. for me I change my ATF for every 2nd EO change.. abit overkill for some people.. but I feel better. Easier to remember also..

at least my ATF can tahan the heat when I chiong on NSH. I feel better when I see the rate of increase in heat is slower as compared to running on a 20k km old ATF (from my Rvit).

Im on 225/45/17... never looked back since. LOL

but bro, take note that bigger rim size.. your tyres cost more leh...

• Praise 1

Im on 225/45/17... never looked back since. LOL

but bro, take note that bigger rim size.. your tyres cost more leh...

Won't the ride feel rock solid??? going over hump and potholes will feel like driving a tank over some mountains.... :wub:

think yr passenger will be [mad]

but the good side is, taking corners at 150 - no problemo... [laugh]

anyway, see what i can afford...you are right...bigger rims = more expensive...and bloody more expensive.

I think I'll be happy with 16" and some good low noise tyres and comfort tyres....too old liao for hard speed...and kids and mil on board.... :o

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1