Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

Just kidding, bro Poky...

if you plan to change, can you let me know...maybe I follow you and see what is nice there and also the price.... [laugh]

Is it worthwhile going to JB or MY to change it...heard it's a lot cheaper..

No prob, once my car fully run in i jio u .. haha ...

eh...dunno abt JB or mY, coz i am a total scrub concerning jb .. hee hee

↡ Advertisement

wait... 300KM on the 3/4 Mark :o

Bro, can i check how long you needed to acheive this? Coz my car 2.5weeks old and mileage is 450KM on 49L. (well, i pumped 49L when the mileage was 450) .. total distance 800kmplus, close to the 1000km run in as per manual. Trip com output was 9.2KM/L. Maybe i needed more tanks so that engine is "seasoned"? haha. ...

My travel patterns are mostly along farrer road all the the way to alexandra side, so the traffic is farktasticly bad...start stop mostly. But even though this kills FC, i don't think Wish FC can hit below 11 right?

Im on stock currently and rpms are less than 3K for now. So now wondering if it is new engine or what...

Yours the 4spd model?

9.2 a bit low....

I am getting my ride today...let's see how it goes...

anything to look out for, bro poky?

No prob, once my car fully run in i jio u .. haha ...

eh...dunno abt JB or mY, coz i am a total scrub concerning jb .. hee hee

mee too....let me find out more from some of my frens....otherwise, newsflash on the front page - 2 dummies got slouthered in jb.... [laugh]

My NFL Wish averages nearly 14km/l. Driving for ages.

All stock.

I'm on stock rims and tires as well...195/65/R15. Don't look puny imo because of the thicker sidewall. Also the thicker tires gives me a smoother and more quieter ride.

As I don't race and I am on NSH only once every month or so, its not a concern for me.

I might change to a 205 for my next shoes but that will be in another 6 months time i guess. Not a big worry.

My Wish is a reliable car...the only thing i needed to change was my signal stalk last week and the regular battery replacement. I think it depends on your needs and the kind of driver you are... if you travel a lot up and down NSH, you need the 17" rims like bro GemLeo. If you chiong a lot, get a wider tyre for more grip... but then again, its an MPV...want to chiong, buy another kind of car better right?

And yes my Wish model reaches 300km by 3/4 tank... a big advantage if you are into getting petrol across the causeway. No need to take risk going across. Can pump 22L at 2.40 RINGGIT/L.

To each their own...

by the way... Bro Gem! Long time no see!!!!

Harlow bro kilatz!!!! LTNC leh. I still havent find your regular mechanic... LOL

his pricing is around market pricing la.. some more I in and out msia often.. that's why hard to fix appt with him. kekeke

my ride was on 16 inch rims and w50 oil when I first got it. NSH was like only 120-130km/h..

then changed to 17 inch and w30 oil... now can whack already.. until it becomes my driving pattern. but my falken 912 already 40km old.. very noisy, like driving a propeller aeroplane now. was quoted 220 per pc of CSC3. missed out on the promo sgd188 few months back. zzzzz

I must emphasize.. that's only on NSH driving la.. SG driving.. I don't go beyond 110km/h.. if not, how to get 300km for 1/4 tank? haha

no matter what.. don't forget about safety. be a safe driver.. be aware of other road users...

9.2 a bit low....

I am getting my ride today...let's see how it goes...

anything to look out for, bro poky?

wah shiok man ... enjoy ur new ride [laugh]

nothing much, the usual checks for new car ... the SE will go through the car... i normally will check if car have dents or scratches on the paintwork coz that is easily seen. Tyres and rims as well. I also will drive the car one round with the SE so as to see if got any major problems. (any issues can be settled at the 1000K servicing). Then the other normal checks like headlights, signals, wipers, etc etc.

U can also book ur 1000km servicing at the collection centre btw.

Btw, noticed that our Wish cant see temp one leh, when car is cold, the blue thermometer is lit. Once warmed, it goes off..... There isnt a temp gauge, unlike my prev ride.

wah shiok man ... enjoy ur new ride [laugh]

nothing much, the usual checks for new car ... the SE will go through the car... i normally will check if car have dents or scratches on the paintwork coz that is easily seen. Tyres and rims as well. I also will drive the car one round with the SE so as to see if got any major problems. (any issues can be settled at the 1000K servicing). Then the other normal checks like headlights, signals, wipers, etc etc.

U can also book ur 1000km servicing at the collection centre btw.

Btw, noticed that our Wish cant see temp one leh, when car is cold, the blue thermometer is lit. Once warmed, it goes off..... There isnt a temp gauge, unlike my prev ride.

Yo Bro Poky, got my ride -drove it for a couple of miles and the rest wife drive...coz she will be the main driver...

1st impression

Heavy car - much much heavier than my old ride....

Noisy on the highway - but once i got into the trunk roads - the noise reduce dratically - much much better than my previous hatcback..

engine - responsive, impressiive, didn't rev it, just drove smoothly over the distance..

dashboad not illuminated - went into the tunnel, have to swith on the headlights...aiiii..SE told me illuminated..con liao..

Surprisingly - the brakes are working fine....i feel the bite! though could be sharper.

pump 79 bucks in it...from a balance of 1/3 tank...see how it goes

overall...not a bad ride....

still fiddling with the lights and whatnot ...can't seems to find how to off the fog lights - i need to swith off the headlights to off the fog lights...there must be a button for this!!

still fiddling with the start/stop engine and how to lock/unlock the car....keyless entry...hahahaha

aircon is super - very cold until the side windors are misted...i find it too cold....no problem for the 3rd row....kids were sitting there and no complain of not feeling the cool air..

so far for now....see what crops up tomorrow.... [:)]

one more thing - i saw a lot of wish red taxis at the yard getting ready for delivery to comfort taxi - soon our roads gonna be flooded with wish taxis!!

hope nobody gonna flag us down thinking we are taxis...

damn! howcome use wish as taxis, dun they have a better alternative....easily a few hundred sitting at the yard...

Cat A COE ain't comming down anytime soon....probably will go up to 50k...so those who want to buy a 1.6 < car better get them now..otherwise it gonna go up...

Cat B....anyone's guess...SE told me it will stabilised...coz now very very quite at the showrooms....prolly all waiting for CNYl....after tht...who knows.

one more thing - i saw a lot of wish red taxis at the yard getting ready for delivery to comfort taxi - soon our roads gonna be flooded with wish taxis!!

hope nobody gonna flag us down thinking we are taxis...

damn! howcome use wish as taxis, dun they have a better alternative....easily a few hundred sitting at the yard...

Cat A COE ain't comming down anytime soon....probably will go up to 50k...so those who want to buy a 1.6 < car better get them now..otherwise it gonna go up...

Cat B....anyone's guess...SE told me it will stabilised...coz now very very quite at the showrooms....prolly all waiting for CNYl....after tht...who knows.

lol, i saw a lot of the red Wish as well .. haha... that time tempted to get red... but wifey said wait kena flag .. haha ..

Yo Bro Poky, got my ride -drove it for a couple of miles and the rest wife drive...coz she will be the main driver...

1st impression

Heavy car - much much heavier than my old ride....

Noisy on the highway - but once i got into the trunk roads - the noise reduce dratically - much much better than my previous hatcback..

engine - responsive, impressiive, didn't rev it, just drove smoothly over the distance..

dashboad not illuminated - went into the tunnel, have to swith on the headlights...aiiii..SE told me illuminated..con liao..

Surprisingly - the brakes are working fine....i feel the bite! though could be sharper.

pump 79 bucks in it...from a balance of 1/3 tank...see how it goes

overall...not a bad ride....

still fiddling with the lights and whatnot ...can't seems to find how to off the fog lights - i need to swith off the headlights to off the fog lights...there must be a button for this!!

still fiddling with the start/stop engine and how to lock/unlock the car....keyless entry...hahahaha

aircon is super - very cold until the side windors are misted...i find it too cold....no problem for the 3rd row....kids were sitting there and no complain of not feeling the cool air..

so far for now....see what crops up tomorrow.... [:)]

Yea, car is heavy ... can feel it esp during braking .. and yes, engine is smooth and the gear changes v smooth... got power even when i loaded the car with 3 extra adults and 2 kids and shopping stuff.

Ya man, dashboard not illuminated.. this one i also missed out until like u, went into tunnel and was like, WTF my dashboard spoil is it .. [bigcry]

Fog lights i think its the right stalk there, i think u can turn off and on w/o touching the main lights..

Start stop shiok, "look Ma, no hands!" haha.... u basically unlock the car by just placing ur hands inside the handle. Locking by just placing a thumb or finger on the handle front. Aircon is good, even at 24Deg on a hot day, its still cool .. shiok.

Road noise there is , but i dunno if our tyres lousy or not . ..

Pity my car have 2 car seats, if not, space is seebeh big sia . .hhahaa...

bro, u let me know ur FC after ur 1000KM... coz mine about 980KM liao, FC is still sucky ...... maybe need to tahan a few tanks more

Yea, car is heavy ... can feel it esp during braking .. and yes, engine is smooth and the gear changes v smooth... got power even when i loaded the car with 3 extra adults and 2 kids and shopping stuff.

Ya man, dashboard not illuminated.. this one i also missed out until like u, went into tunnel and was like, WTF my dashboard spoil is it .. [bigcry]

Fog lights i think its the right stalk there, i think u can turn off and on w/o touching the main lights..

Start stop shiok, "look Ma, no hands!" haha.... u basically unlock the car by just placing ur hands inside the handle. Locking by just placing a thumb or finger on the handle front. Aircon is good, even at 24Deg on a hot day, its still cool .. shiok.

Road noise there is , but i dunno if our tyres lousy or not . ..

Pity my car have 2 car seats, if not, space is seebeh big sia . .hhahaa...

bro, u let me know ur FC after ur 1000KM... coz mine about 980KM liao, FC is still sucky ...... maybe need to tahan a few tanks more

Bugger, yesterday could not start the car...dunno why, keep pressing the start/stop button...all the lights came on but engine did not start!! :wacko:

in the end scratching my balls and head...how come trying to identify all the lights on the dash that is appearing but dun know the reason why...and so many lights come on at the same time...

finally got to know why!!! idiot me forgot to step on the brake pedal!! [laugh]

the other thing was lockign the car....could not lock it coz did not depress the parking brake...another idiot of me!!! [;)]

Car too shopisticated for me lioa!!! driven it only twice what to expect!!! :D but very syok to drive....very stable, that's why heavy car..

Yes - found out how to off the fog light..

plan to take it about during CNY....so should hit 1000km by the time after CNY....

the other thing i noticed is the eco mode...there is a "eco" word keep appearing eventhough i have switch off the "eco mode" on the dash...what does this mean?

Also - bro poky, the keyless entry, what if we manually use the key to get into the car, and the immobilizer has not been deactivated, so how do we drive off? I asked the question to SE, but he says cannot drive at all, and

Also managed to 100 kph...the other day and the rpm is only 1.7 to 1.8...pretty impressive...my previous ride was hitting 2.1-2.2...this is even better!

previous ride was doing 11-12km/l so with this, i believe we can hit maybe 12-14km/l.... [rolleyes]

Also managed to 100 kph...the other day and the rpm is only 1.7 to 1.8...pretty impressive...my previous ride was hitting 2.1-2.2...this is even better!

previous ride was doing 11-12km/l so with this, i believe we can hit maybe 12-14km/l.... [rolleyes]

I do hope i can hit 12-14km/l sia .. my trip com is showing 8.8 - 9.2 [bigcry]

Just to confirm, the trip com is showing in km/l hor, not 100L/km right. haha

is there a manual override...SE says need to call service ctr already...

what if middly of nowhere..how to call? <_<

hmm, my last car, if i use manual key to open when i locked it electronmically, the car will not start and the alarms will sound out. Have to insert key and turn and press one hidden button for 15sec. ... lol

but for Wish, i really dunno sia .... i think if we lock electronically and use key, most likely car will not start..... should be able to override one ........ imagine if ur car key suay suay no batt how .... how to open and drive ... must go read manual or ask the tech when go service liao ..

the other thing i noticed is the eco mode...there is a "eco" word keep appearing eventhough i have switch off the "eco mode" on the dash...what does this mean?

Also - bro poky, the keyless entry, what if we manually use the key to get into the car, and the immobilizer has not been deactivated, so how do we drive off? I asked the question to SE, but he says cannot drive at all, and

i think the car will automatically go into eco mode when we do not accel. I tried when i coasted the car, i.e, release the accel when i am close to 80-100... the eco lit up.

Eco mode good when kena those spastic traffic jams, car will move damn slow, retarding accleration.. haha

I do hope i can hit 12-14km/l sia .. my trip com is showing 8.8 - 9.2 [bigcry]

Just to confirm, the trip com is showing in km/l hor, not 100L/km right. haha

I think you need to manually calculate - the trip meter may not be accurate...

mine is showing 7.5 km/l...worse than yours...but then after 4 days of driving...my fuel gauge is still at "F" did not move at all...done 88km...

Probably you need to record down how many km for the full tank - eg 500 km and take how many litres was used to achieve these 500 km....say 40 litres then 500 km/40l =12.5km/l...

I think this should be it....correct me if i am wrong someone... :o

↡ Advertisement