More effective ways to prevent tailgating?

KARTer

Agreed.

Let me throw out another interesting question.

If you are being blocked and you are already driving at a reasonable speed and distance from the front road hog who refused to give way.

We're talking about a peak hour traffic and all lanes are jammed here.

Why does the tailgater behind feel that he has the right to demand that you filter left into lane 2 and get stuck behind slow traffic?

Unless of course the vehicle behind is an ambulance, police car or fire engine - i really don't know any other reason.

Luckily I must say that I only meet such idiotic tailgaters once in a blue moon.

But road hoggers - these idiots I meet almost every other day. [laugh]

The pot call the kettle black? (laugh)

↡ Advertisement

Don't waste time with this retard who likes to post nonsense everywhere.

He called me a video game driver and told me I should not be driving on lane 1 but could not explain why.

Whatever he writes the purpose is to tell everyone how lousy they are and what a great driver he is.

Another wonderful FT from up north. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

You do not know the local Highway Code? You really FT? Haha

Agree: if there's no roadhogger in the first place, there's no need to horn/flash!

Sometimes there are habitual tailgaters who keep doing it even though the car in front actually cant go any faster coz there are also other cars blocking him at the front.... or the car in front can't find a chance to move over to give way coz the next lane is jam-packed... so he has no choice and cant go faster or move over. In this case flash/horn/tailgate wont change things........ patience is the better way until traffic is clear [:)]

It seems many/most roadhoggers are in Lane 1 busy over their mobile. While many/most tailgaters are busy struggling without glasses/with night-blindness (laugh)

Have to agree with you.

Tailgaters simply has no patience. [rolleyes]

If you are kidding with us, this is ticklish. Tailgaters are among the most patience tailgating happily at any opportunity (apology to tailgaters)

Turbocharged

Have to agree with you.

Tailgaters simply has no patience. [rolleyes]

in the same way as Road hogger are without common sense [laugh]

so no common sense meet no patience -_-

(edited)

in the same way as Road hogger are without common sense [laugh]

so no common sense meet no patience -_-

Good one!!

beauty and the beast.............. best combination!! no wonder driving in sgp can be so 'not-boring' :D

(but not sure who's the beast, and the beauty)

Edited by KARTer

Nowadays too many KPOs on the road . Whenever there is accident happened , all people will start slowing down to see what's happening or maybe to write down the numbers to buy 4D . Please , if the KPOs are so interested to know why , here are some ways i can recommend to you .

1.Pulled to shoulder lane and join them .

2.Stop behind them and direct the traffic if you are so interested to know the later part or more for after and what happen in the end .

3.Get yourself in the accident and you can join their conversation or arguement too .

4.If you want to get business , give them your offers and get it fast .(I belief many people out there purposely caused accident to work fo some people as earnings)

5.Go set up a temprarily 4D booth and collect bets for other KPOs too (but please of ur way)

Sorry if anyone get offended . I am very angry because whenever there are accidents , it always jam for no reason and may hailed up other road user time and also obstruct the traffic flow . Police , Ambulance or CiVil Defence will have difficulties to reach the place ASAP . Worst if it happened , the victim in the accident may lost his/her life due to lost of timing to the hospital .

All Singaporeans , PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE . BE CONSIDERATE . What happen if it happen on you .

Neutral Newbie

actually lane 1 also got some kuku drivers who tailgate when there is already a long queue of cars in front. he really expect the car infront to leapfrog other cars meh??? this ppl really [hur] [hur]

My favorite type of tailgators! Typically, I'll slow it such that he will be forces to overtake on lane 2, then when he is at lane 2 he will notice that there's max a car space in front of me (it will be a bit more since I slow down to open the gap and force him to change lane) and I'm already going as fast as I can. Then comes my GL part, I'll speed up to close the gap so he can't filter back into lane 1 and if I'm lucky there will be others closing up the gap and this little tailgator will be thrown back in the queue far far back at lane 2 trying to get back into lane 1 or sticking to lane 2 which is slower...

Keep friendly distance and give the benefit of doubt that every driver is doing their best with safety and speed lah. If really want to overtake, don't tailgate, switch lane. Last time I want to go faster I will signal right at lane 1 but most Singapore drivers will not bother to filter left to lane 2 for you to overtake. So these days, I'll just change lanes to move ahead if I want to, else stick to the lane and just drive at a slower pace if not in a hurry.

Neutral Newbie

Selfish thinking... Hope your car acceleration is fast enough... If not, the person cut in, hope your brake is good enough...

This kind of GL and selfish behavior is only on those that try to be funny in the first place. If they like to tailgate, they better have damn solid brakes or can accelerate fast fast lah...

If they drive friendly friendly why I GL with them? Mind you I not road hogger and I am rather fast paced, so if still tailgate me I'll have to hover above for him to take my space liao.... [laugh]

Can car maker provide sensor/buzzle: beep beep beep when the sensor senses the gap between my front bumper and the car in front is too close (relative to the speed we are travelling)?.... this will alert me to slow down and open up a bigger gap.

If i fail to respond the system will 'limit/slow' my car to the safe speed for the gap.

shouldnt be too expensive to install such a system.

One for the rear also: hazard lights will blink if the gap between my rear bumper and the car behind is too small.

Can car maker provide sensor/buzzle: beep beep beep when the sensor senses the gap between my front bumper and the car in front is too close (relative to the speed we are travelling)?.... this will alert me to slow down and open up a bigger gap.

If i fail to respond the system will 'limit/slow' my car to the safe speed for the gap.

shouldnt be too expensive to install such a system.

One for the rear also: hazard lights will blink if the gap between my rear bumper and the car behind is too small.

aldy in market. Merc, BMW have them and they brake accordingly if distance too close. Active cruise control or sth

aldy in market. Merc, BMW have them and they brake accordingly if distance too close. Active cruise control or sth

lucky only merc/BMW have it, else if porsche also have it, how you gonna drive and tailgate TP's rex? [:p]

↡ Advertisement