More effective ways to prevent tailgating?

KARTer

actually lane 1 also got some kuku drivers who tailgate when there is already a long queue of cars in front. he really expect the car infront to leapfrog other cars meh??? this ppl really [hur] [hur]

↡ Advertisement

actually lane 1 also got some kuku drivers who tailgate when there is already a long queue of cars in front. he really expect the car infront to leapfrog other cars meh??? this ppl really [hur] [hur]

I am not very sure, but usually I see young punks tailgate, sometimes taxi drivers..... do you all have the same observations?..... young pple nowadays have too much energy and cant wait, cant think??..... (pls dont flame me if you are young)

Hi all, to prevent unwanted tail gaters, i have installed HID in my brake lights, so i tap and 2 beams of ultra bright red lights will blind them.

Good!! [thumbsup][thumbsup] ....... i have been toying with this idea, maybe I will install it next week....

Desprite butt bumping being one of the most, if not the most common accident in Singapore, & we all know accident increase=premium increase, people still insist on tailgating.

What to do?

Actually its pretty entertaining to see car charge forward, then brake just behind the car in front, cause car to slowed down temporatily, car in front pull a bit of length, car behind again accerate, then brakes *repeat*

Or car make one big lane change using their mightly acceration power, to gain one space in front.

Then complain about high petrol cost, high maintaince. "Why brake pad cost so much". "My tires only last so many miles".

No need so troublesome. Just remove all the airbags from cars and replace them with plastic explosives. You buang you die. Even if it cannot prevent all tailgating, it will at least ensure no repeat offenders.

Dun road hog, move to one side and let the car pass. Or you can just ignore it.

How to move to next lane when it's full of traffic and the cars in front in my lane is blocking me.... the tailgater really has a very small brain, I am already doing 100kmh :o

after driving for so many years, my view is on lane 1, if there is no car in front of you and you are being tailgated, you are hogging. other lanes, if no cars in front of you and you are being tailgated, ask the bugger got f spider! but if you are driving 60km/h on lane 2 on eway, you ought to be [rifle] , get lost to lane 3 lah! just my take on this issue, no pinpointing to anyone hor!

No need so troublesome. Just remove all the airbags from cars and replace them with plastic explosives. You buang you die. Even if it cannot prevent all tailgating, it will at least ensure no repeat offenders.

Too serious liao............ maybe replace the air with red ink, or itchy powder..... :D:D

How to move to next lane when it's full of traffic and the cars in front in my lane is blocking me.... the tailgater really has a very small brain, I am already doing 100kmh :o

this scenario, ask the bugger behind go f spider. got cars in front how to go faster? fly over? [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

after driving for so many years, my view is on lane 1, if there is no car in front of you and you are being tailgated, you are hogging. other lanes, if no cars in front of you and you are being tailgated, ask the bugger got f spider! but if you are driving 60km/h on lane 2 on eway, you ought to be [rifle] , get lost to lane 3 lah! just my take on this issue, no pinpointing to anyone hor!

I use expressways everyday, if there lane 2 is clear, i relax in lane 2 .... once in a while i use lane 1 to overtake, but return to lane 2 and relax at speed limit of 90-95kmh... safe and no stress

but like you said, even in lane 2 and going at 90kmh i still have drivers tailgating me.... lane 1 got ghost and they r scared of using it to overtake me or what?

Edited by KARTer

I like your idea of a fine for an accident during peak hours. [thumbsup]

Why do people slow down to observe accidents? Just take a quick glance then go. Is there a need to slow down?

I use expressways everyday, if there lane 2 is clear, i relax in lane 2 .... once in a while i use lane 1 to overtake, but return to lane 2 and relax at speed limit of 90-95kmh... safe and no stress

but like you said, even in lane 2 and going at 90kmh i still have drivers tailgating me.... lane 1 got ghost and they r scared of using it to overtake me or what?

Maybe Fetish?

Yes, peak hours traffic is usually bumper2bumper..... what to do, too many cars, too little roads??... but actually, just side-track a bit, for every 1km of expressways, we can pack say 90 'long' cars (usually those 2000cc cars and above), or 120 'short' cars (eg hatchbacks or about 1300cc cars). What it means is we should encourage use of shorter cars instead of longer cars since both usually carry only 1-3 persons and therefore it makes no difference if the car is long or short.

We can make roadtax/COE/ERP etc higher for such long cars and give discounts to short cars. This way, our roads will be less congested but able to move the same amount of passengers per km of the expressway per hour..... can?

long car, short car -> good idea. But do you think the elites driving mostly long cars will implement?

Add a releasing compartment so that u release nails when u press a button

hong kong got sell, u press a button yr tail pipe spits fire about 5-8 meters length :blink:

↡ Advertisement