• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
64 replies to this topic | 115 praises

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Alfisti168
  • Premium member
    Alfisti168
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i want to buy a set of headphones, budget $60 - $80 that is comfy and delivers good sound quality.

I noe audio technica is a good brand, and so what are the other good brands out there?

i'm using my headphone for movies and songs, so can a gaming headset work for all these stuffs?

Any recommendations?

Edited by Alfisti168, 09 January 2011 - 10:25 AM.

"A true petrolhead must drive an Alfa at least once in his lifetime!" Jeremy Clarkson

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Krado
  • Krado
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

What sort of headphones?
Around ear?
On ear?
In ear?
Earphone? laugh.gif

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

IPushUFly
  • Premium member
    IPushUFly
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Seems like Audio Technica is the only one at this price range. Another alternative is Senheiser at $90+ which deliver good sound.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

may I boldly suggest Grado PS1000? tongue.gif

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

Alfisti168
  • Premium member
    Alfisti168
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What sort of headphones?
Around ear?
On ear?
In ear?
Earphone? laugh.gif

this kind.

"A true petrolhead must drive an Alfa at least once in his lifetime!" Jeremy Clarkson

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

Syaheerbmw
  • Syaheerbmw
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Get Sennheisers at Mustafa.. Those like 90+ elsewhere is around 78+ there.. Bought mine there, after my brother bought his at Marina Square, and he felt cheated... hahaha!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thumbs up for mustafa

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

Alfisti168
  • Premium member
    Alfisti168
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Get Sennheisers at Mustafa.. Those like 90+ elsewhere is around 78+ there.. Bought mine there, after my brother bought his at Marina Square, and he felt cheated... hahaha!

can tell me the model that you bought?

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Hermit
  • Premium member
    Hermit
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I tried the Bose (noise cancelling type) some months back..
feeling was like just step into a Lexus with doors closed.
身体发肤,受之父母.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

Maoam
  • Maoam
    Clutched
    Author Image

i want to buy a set of headphones, budget $60 - $80 that is comfy and delivers good sound quality.

I noe audio technica is a good brand, and so what are the other good brands out there?

i'm using my headphone for movies and songs, so can a gaming headset work for all these stuffs?

Any recommendations?

get those easy to drive type ( impedance ) esp if you are using HP or MP3 player as your source, some headphone need headamp to drive with good result.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

Maoam
  • Maoam
    Clutched
    Author Image

can tell me the model that you bought?
[/quote]
you can visit this 2 shop where they let you try almost all the model in their shop, better to use your own music device to pair with the headphone so you will have the exact result which to go for cos every headphone sound different, you go try you will know.
1) Stereo Electronics at Causewaypoint level 4.
2) Jeban at Aldelfi level 4.
they are all very friendly guys and no hard selling type, cheers and happy hunting thumbsup.gif

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Verve
  • Verve
    5th Gear
    Author Image

go sgheadphones.com

with your budget, you may need to ditch branded sets like audio technica and sennheiser to get good sound quality, however there is a shop at adelphi 3rd floor that should have some korean or other headphones with kickass sound at good prices. check out sg head phones for shop details

its called jaben or something like that the shop name

and fyi this forum has alot of discerning headphone audiophiles so its a much better place to look for advice.

happy shopping

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

Krado
  • Krado
    6th Gear
    Author Image

may I boldly suggest Grado PS1000? tongue.gif

$60-$80? I want!

Can replace my SR80 leow.. cool.gif

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Any recommendations?

Before deciding on the budget, need to be clear on your needs. Where you intend to use the head phone? indoor or outdoor, need noise cancelling? Need good base, sound stage and details? All these affects the pricing.

Here are my recommended head phones:

Grado SR60/80
- Suitable for indoor.
- no noise cancelling
- Good sound stage
- Good details
- Open concept
- Price ~$90-100

AKG K701
- Suitable for indoor.
- no noise cancelling
- Good sound stage
- Good details
- Open concept
- Price: check with the shop

sennheiser 450 pxc (Editor choice for What HiFi magazine)
- Suitable for outdoor
- has noise cancelling
- sound stage not as good as Grado
- good details, can even hear Louis Armstrong vocal cord's vibration, or scratching sound when playing the violin.
- low in base
- Close concept
- Price ~$700

monster beat studio
- suitable for outdoor
- has noise cancelling
- sound stage not as good as Grado
- Good base, but expose to high base over a long period can be tiring for your ears.
- Close concept
- Price ~$700

In my opinion, as you would be spending many hours listening your favourite music, rather then waste money for incremental upgrade in near future for better sound. It is better to get a good head phone upfront.

As for me, I got myself a Sennheiser 450 pxc, and never look back after the purchase.

Edited by Billcoke, 10 January 2011 - 04:25 AM.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

Bird5011
  • Premium member
    Bird5011
    4th Gear
    Author Image

BOSE - For the better sound and comfortably.
Get the Acosutic noise cancelling headphone. But high $$$$$
Used for 7 - 8 hours still comfortable.
Adapt..Engage..Dominate

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Jhyy701
  • Premium member
    Jhyy701
    1st Gear
    Author Image

My Sennheiser ear cushions has melted, a part from Senniheiser service center, where else can we sent the headphone to for ear cushion replacement?

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What sort of headphones?
Around ear?
On ear?
In ear?
Earphone? laugh.gif

I know this is 2 years late but he referred to headphones damn it!

Not the sort of head you give dudes biggrin.gif

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Krado
  • Krado
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Nevermind if it's late or not...

Fuxx you. laugh.gif

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fuxx you. laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

You're still around!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Krado
  • Krado
    6th Gear
    Author Image

QUOTE (Krado @ Oct 1 2013, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fuxx you. laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

You're still around!

Around but no time to engage in regular posting already la.  [shakehead]

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users