Change car color needs to get approval from LTA?

Redcafe10

Hi bro,

I am driving a silver car and intend to wrap the whole car black. Do i need approval from LTA or just inform LTA? There is no information on LTA site.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hi bro,

I am driving a silver car and intend to wrap the whole car black. Do i need approval from LTA or just inform LTA? There is no information on LTA site.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

If it's wrap I dun think need as it's only a sticker and "temporary". But if it's a respray then confirm need to inform LTA.

BTW it's only inform....there's no approval needed even for respray.

If it's wrap I dun think need as it's only a sticker and "temporary". But if it's a respray then confirm need to inform LTA.

BTW it's only inform....there's no approval needed even for respray.

Thanks bro

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

TS, u need to update LTA that u change the car colour so that it will reflect in ur log car when u do a print out. not original colour will fetch less $$ when wanna resell.. go to onemotoring at the left column.. 1 of it is to let owner update the car colour de..

(edited)

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

Do (change color) but dont get caught. Road block never check color one. Vehicle inspection also never check :P

Edited by Imamiah

I heard some friends mention that rewrap (matt black) of entire car is not allow, but I am not able to verify on this.

I heard from don't know where liao. re-wrap only allow up to certain percentage of the car. I reckon should be around 60% to 70% range.

Sorry for bumping up this old thread.

Just checking, full body wrap confirm no need to inform LTA color change since under color still the same?

What about insurance?

For Msia, 

Body Wrap need to inform JPJ and insurance, or same theory no need cause is underneath?

Thanks!

(edited)

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

* deleted *

Sorry for bumping up this old thread.

Just checking, full body wrap confirm no need to inform LTA color change since under color still the same?

What about insurance?

For Msia,

Body Wrap need to inform JPJ and insurance, or same theory no need cause is underneath?

Thanks!

Change of colour no need to inform LTA.

Edited by Count-Bracula

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

go to onemotoring at the left column.. 1 of it is to let owner update the car colour de..

Neutral Newbie

thinking of wrapping my car too

to update is there a fee?

TIA

On 5/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, kcsek said:

thinking of wrapping my car too

to update is there a fee?

TIA

I done a full wrap and updated via one motoring. No fees involved.

↡ Advertisement