Thaipusam set to turn down volume

Yellowrx8

Search for Google map live update lor. I just took a peek...still red(slow) on the roads I mentioned earlier.

Good luck.

Thanks, just checked. Decided to siam it altogether.

↡ Advertisement

That's true. Why no MP wants a relook at our public holidays?

I can understand back when they took away some holidays becoz we started out as a young nation. 50years on and many flash floods later we are still stuck with so little public holidays. Knn. <_<

ya lor......should also make Lee Kuan Yew birthday or his sent-off date a permanent fixture into our holiday calender. We need somekind of a remembrence day for him so we can always reflect on his legacy. Actually i like the holiday part where we dont need to go to work....
  • Praise 1

Another year of unhappy Thaipusam

Taking the video of the devotte like a criminal

It only once a year. why so strict?

I remembered during the army times, whenever we go for jogging or road march at East Coast park, we also sing loudly.

CNY coming.

Please ban all the Lion and Dragon dance, also the Chinggay procession.

https://www.facebook.com/tpradeep/videos/10156081024044253/

https://www.facebook.com/tpradeep/videos/10156081025769253/

https://www.facebook.com/tpradeep/videos/10156081028074253/

• Praise 3

I remembered during the army times, whenever we go for jogging or road march at East Coast park, we also sing loudly.

CNY coming.

https://www.facebook.com/tpradeep/videos/10156081024044253/

https://www.facebook.com/tpradeep/videos/10156081025769253/

https://www.facebook.com/tpradeep/videos/10156081028074253/

Not many units will have runs, force marches or route march in east coast. During my ns it will be I SIR, 3 SIR and 4 SIR.....part of a brigade......now its Guards Unit that have taken over Bedok Camp and those SIR units has moved house........

Thaipusam should be holiday for all......i suppork. Can close Serangoon and the rds for the procession and i can lelax at home.

• Praise 2

That's true. Why no MP wants a relook at our public holidays?

I can understand back when they took away some holidays becoz we started out as a young nation. 50years on and many flash floods later we are still stuck with so little public holidays. Knn. <_<

Actually Thaipusam should be a holiday.

Look at other races, they each have 2 holidays a year.

Chinese - Chinese New Year, Vesak Day

Malay - Hari Raya Puasa, Hari Raya Haji

Eurasian - Good Friday, Christmas Day

Indian only have Deepavali. How can?

• Praise 2

Actually Thaipusam should be a holiday.

Look at other races, they each have 2 holidays a year.

Chinese - Chinese New Year, Vesak Day

Malay - Hari Raya Puasa, Hari Raya Haji

Eurasian - Good Friday, Christmas Day

Indian only have Deepavali. How can?

vesak day more for hindus than chinese lah, more than half of the chinese bot buddhists.  

vesak day more for hindus than chinese lah, more than half of the chinese bot buddhists.

Buddhism in Singapore is mainly Mahayana tradition with almost no perceivable hindu influence. What you said is more accurate for Thailand where they also worship hindu deities in Buddhist temples.

Buddhism in Singapore is mainly Mahayana tradition with almost no perceivable hindu influence. What you said is more accurate for Thailand where they also worship hindu deities in Buddhist temples.

Google ads show one. Not me hor.

post-26533-0-19976500-1517908174_thumb.png

• Praise 1

pls don't  :a-ban:  Thaipusam, don't  :a-ban: ChingGay   dont    :a-ban:  Lion Dance.......... just only   :a-ban: COE  :D

.........Lets move On ....... Let the Hindu Advisory Board settle the matter...... every year there are some issues/hiccups cropping up

Will hopefully improve over time..... lots of challenges it seems for the authorities with dense population nowadays; As its a highly charged festival with full gusto and people/participants/supporters are in highly charged state of mind lots of things can happen; some may be even in a "trance" state of mind 

Just sharing my 2cents   

CNY coming.

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 5

if 4am then has to stop lor.

Devotees used portable amplifiers and Police received noise disturbance complaint related to Thaipusam
February 8, 2018

The Singapore Police Force (SPF) has clarified on the Thaipusam incident on their Facebook page. This is after the Hindu Endowments Board (HEB) made a public apology as videos that have been going viral online show a man who identified himself as a HEB officer allegedly disrupting a family’s kavadi procession. The HEB indicated that the officer is a volunteer.

According to the SPF, the devotees were using portable loudspeakers during the procession at 4am in the morning and the Police had received a report for noise disturbance. The Police has recorded the incident in full and is working with the HEB to ensure that Thaipusam is conducted in a safe and peaceful manner.

Thats the problem when we import too many at one time...too many people with different views and expected privileges...eg our filipino friends expecting to celebrate their National Day here etc...haiz we havent seen the end of the problems yet

6.9 mirrion population each with their religious affiliations and likes/dislikes/expectations etc of how to run their life here in Singapore? wow I shudder at that thought....

• Praise 3

Thats the problem when we import too many at one time...too many people with different views and expected privileges...eg our filipino friends expecting to celebrate their National Day here etc...haiz we havent seen the end of the problems yet

6.9 mirrion population each with their religious affiliations and likes/dislikes/expectations etc of how to run their life here in Singapore? wow I shudder at that thought....

Agree.

It's the quality that matters, not quantity.

• Praise 2

Agree.

It's the quality that matters, not quantity.

Maybe some of our Indian FTs frends celebrated Thaipusam in some manner back in India...down here when they join the local devotees they may expect to celebrate it differently, not knowing that 'When in Rome..behave as the Romans do...'

Just guessing lah...prease dun dislike me..muayhahaha

Maybe some of our Indian FTs frends celebrated Thaipusam in some manner back in India...down here when they join the local devotees they may expect to celebrate it differently, not knowing that 'When in Rome..behave as the Romans do...'

Just guessing lah...prease dun dislike me..muayhahaha

I think we should not jump at every opportunity to bash or take foreigners to task .... from the video it seems they are locals , though I’m not a voice expert .... the foreigners are busy with their work .... locals have the time and family support/network .....let’s face the facts in a bigger picture .... we are aging just like the Japs and need rejuvenation of population......were we all not of immigrant lineage too ?? Our govt can’t talk like Trump ( like as if he is liked much..... ) .....just sharing only
  • Praise 4

its only once a year, and this has like gone on for who knows how many years, cannot just let it be meh? 

we are multi culture leh, should even encourage others to attend to understand better.  -_-  -_-  -_-

• Praise 4

I think we should not jump at every opportunity to bash or take foreigners to task .... from the video it seems they are locals , though I’m not a voice expert .... the foreigners are busy with their work .... locals have the time and family support/network .....let’s face the facts in a bigger picture .... we are aging just like the Japs and need rejuvenation of population......were we all not of immigrant lineage too ?? Our govt can’t talk like Trump ( like as if he is liked much..... ) .....just sharing only

Yes..ok...my bad.. [:/]

• Praise 1

No worries Bro .... I'm just sharing my thoughts..... too.... anyway just to share with you Thaipusam is celebrated on a much bigger and vibrant scale in Singapore and Malaysia than even compared to South India where its origins come from; some customs/rituals take prevalance/manifest  more strongly outside one's country than in their own; much akin to Buddhism which started off in India but followed strongly outside it     

Yes..ok...my bad.. [:/]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1