Steering wheel lock

Pokyman

Turbocharged

Just wondering, statistically, has anyone ever locked using a steering wheel lock and still got his car stolen ?

↡ Advertisement

I don't know if its true but I heard Vios and City

are the most targeted cars in Jb.

Followed by Msian cars.

The least targeted are Kim chi cars.

Vellfire also.. [bigcry][bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Talking the foot brake lock, there is one popular brand, Locktech which is used by many car owners, especially in Malaysia.

I have one concern though; it is about its implication on new car warranty with its installation as it also provides an ignition cut-off feature.

Can anyone here who is familiar with this double locking device explain how does it cut-off the ignition with its (Locktech switch) wire connected to the car ignition system through the Y-connector provided? How much electrical power is used to keep the Locktech cut-off system in operation? More importantly, is there any concern of fire risk due to a short circuit with this connection in future?

Thanks so much!

Watchfun2

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2699733/Unfashionable-effective-Police-tell-luxury-car-owners-traditional-steering-clamps-best-way-beat-modern-thieves.html

Could the old-fashioned steering wheel lock make a comeback? Police say it's the best way to stop new wave of hi-tech thieves who can clone your car key in seconds.  Going back to basic is the way to go.

Hi,

Talking the foot brake lock, there is one popular brand, Locktech which is used by many car owners, especially in Malaysia.

I have one concern though; it is about its implication on new car warranty with its installation as it also provides an ignition cut-off feature.

Can anyone here who is familiar with this double locking device explain how does it cut-off the ignition with its (Locktech switch) wire connected to the car ignition system through the Y-connector provided? How much electrical power is used to keep the Locktech cut-off system in operation? More importantly, is there any concern of fire risk due to a short circuit with this connection in future?

Thanks so much!

Watchfun2

Just install the foot brake and don't connect the Y-connector, it act as a deterrent only better than nothing.

Raslok is still the best among all the lock at the moment, its not cheap man.   [:)]

Is it a good deterrent against car thieves? Thinking of driving into JB with my new car, so worried about car theft. Read stories about them able to bypass ur car electronic alarms, etc ... So is a wheel sterring lock good enough to prevent them from stealing or towing away ur car?

Better be careful. My friend and I always lock our car using his key manually because we are so scared that high tech thieves will just stand by near us to capture some infra red frequency to store them into an empty electronic key and manage to open it later. 

I saw this video that people managed to unlock the car door by using the electronic key through the phone! So the holder of the electronic key is not literally and physically at the car's vicinity but still manages to open the car door.

Better be careful. My friend and I always lock our car using his key manually because we are so scared that high tech thieves will just stand by near us to capture some infra red frequency to store them into an empty electronic key and manage to open it later. 

I saw this video that people managed to unlock the car door by using the electronic key through the phone! So the holder of the electronic key is not literally and physically at the car's vicinity but still manages to open the car door.

IMO there is no foolproof measure. It's a matter of if the theft wants it or not.

What we can do is to try our utmost best to deter it. Meaning making it harder for them to want to steal your car.  Eg. A smiliar car model with or without steering wheel lock. The answer is pretty obvious since for the latter it takes X amount of time to steal plus X amount of time to remove the steering wheel lock. 

I reckon its best to put in place as many mechanism as possible to show the theft that don't bother attempting it. Of course park at crowded place or near security post etc.

I once had my window smashed and the items inside stolen so that is the worst you can get if you lock your car. Well its better than having your whole car stolen.

• Praise 1

Deterrent - look at the next car with no visible protection hopefully!

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk

disklokimages10.jpg?resize=1024%2C1024

does these steering wheel locks really work? I heard it is possible to break the lock by breaking the steering as the steerings are made of plastics. so where is the security? 

Is it a good deterrent against car thieves? Thinking of driving into JB with my new car, so worried about car theft. Read stories about them able to bypass ur car electronic alarms, etc ... So is a wheel sterring lock good enough to prevent them from stealing or towing away ur car?

YES! It is very useful! That time when I went JB with my girlfriend, I saw 2 suspicious dudes in the parking lot circling around this blue Benz. But then I think when they saw the steering wheel lock that was installed, they walked away. 

does any one know what size RASLOK use for toyota altis 2014?

I'm intending to purchase a RASLOK, too. Gonna check it out at Autobacs within this few days.

Driving up to Port Dickson this weekend...

I'm intending to purchase a RASLOK, too. Gonna check it out at Autobacs within this few days.

Driving up to Port Dickson this weekend...

autobacs ubi having offer for raslok if i am not wrong..