Removing Scratches on Headlight - Head light Polishing

Baxter

Neutral Newbie

Guys,

My car headlight has some scratches and a bit blurish but not yellow stain on them.

Anyway to get rid of the scratches?

Read on the internet, using sandpaper method or some polish cream.

Any good recommendation ? DIY or Professional services ?

I called Autobac, only can get rid of yellow stain.

Thanks in advance. [wave]

Edited by Baxter
↡ Advertisement

Autosol will do fine. I didn't believe my mech when he recommended it, but it certainly worked better than my novus 3 (novus is a plastic polisher).

Do try on an inconspicuous part first though.

something the ArmorCoatSG guys did for my lights n car.

headlight was getting cloudy n scratches/chips from the usual stone n whatnots.

so, the guys there took it out, gave it a good sanddown to remove the damaged top layer.

then sprayed a clear film over.

as good as a fresh pair of lamps. and getting some amount of protection from the ArmorCoat clear film.

36072_152033541501347_100000841059476_226163_631599_n.jpg

36072_152033544834680_100000841059476_226164_5665264_n.jpg

39518_152035621501139_100000841059476_226175_3937486_n.jpg

65386_152025648168803_100000841059476_226019_6160440_n.jpg

via : http://www.celicasg.org/index.php/topic,7948.0.html

first off , i read this thread yesterday morning .and was considering of restoring my 5yrs old really really bad condition headlights.

so couple of hours ago , i went into JB , as usual makan , buy disc , wash car.then i was at this regular car washing shop they advertised their price list.

headlight polishing for RM60.so i thought no harm give it a try.

i watched the entire process , they water sand down a couple of times making sure they remove all the dirt and impurities and also the slight scratches.

they then use some chemical to clean it throughly before proceeding to buff the headlights with some headlight restoration cream or such.

when it's done they applied a layer of sealant onto it .total job took about 45 mins.job well done and i was very satisfied.

for a mere RM60 , no harm trying.the shop i visited is B.O.S.S.

Do the processes to restore the headlights come with UV protection coat against fading? If they do not, the fading will occur again really quickly.

Hi guys,

Just for your info, ArmorCoat can be coated onto headlights and painted surfaces.

Damage for coating your headlights will be $240 per pair. After the coat is done, you'll get back your clarity and it will not fade unless it is condensation from the inside which means you'll have to change your housing?

Jonathan

5259885588_27f6024740.jpg

5259276259_57b24c3940.jpg

Do the processes to restore the headlights come with UV protection coat against fading? If they do not, the fading will occur again really quickly.

Hi bro,

Yes it comes with UV protection:) So no worries about fading

Jonathan

Autosol will do fine. I didn't believe my mech when he recommended it, but it certainly worked better than my novus 3 (novus is a plastic polisher).

Do try on an inconspicuous part first though.

How about Brasso ? Currently i make it a point after every car wash, apply Soft99 on to the headlamps. Let it "season" for awhile then apply a few drops of Soft99 and "polish" it.

After that wipe it with a clean cloth. It works quite okie but cant compared with other bros who had sent for professional buffing

for a mere RM60 which makes up to less than $30 sgd , no harm giving it a try in JB . if all fails , can try the expensive $240 armor coat

Neutral Newbie

Guys,

My car headlight has some scratches and a bit blurish but not yellow stain on them.

Anyway to get rid of the scratches?

Read on the internet, using sandpaper method or some polish cream.

Any good recommendation ? DIY or Professional services ?

I called Autobac, only can get rid of yellow stain.

Thanks in advance. [wave]

Try this

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,32

I bought one in caltex. Excellent as it removes the fine scratches and restores the clarity!

Quite ex though..

↡ Advertisement