Help!! Van Shacking Violently.Why?

I-LOVE-CARS

Hi bros, I was in my father CV (Daihatsu Extol that is about 6 to 7years old) and noticed that it shanked uncontrollably doing acc from a traffic and also other moment while driving normally. The shanking usually last from 3-6 secs. Any idea what happen or if there are solution for this problem?

Leave it in the comment section or PM me.. THX [:)]

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS
↡ Advertisement

Hi bros, I was in my father CV (Daihatsu Extol that is about 6 to 7years old) and noticed that it shanked uncontrollably doing acc from a traffic and also other moment while driving normally. The shanking usually last from 3-6 secs. Any idea what happen or if there are solution for this problem?

Read TS' post. It is a typo, he meant "shanked". Like lamb shank, only past tense. :ph34r:

Neutral Newbie

Bro, I drive the Extol WGN MT, but only 5 years old. Talking about shaking violently when accelerating... which gears were it when the shakes occur? Because Extol is a rear wheel drive, it could be due to worn out drive shafts or couplings. Resonance.

Btw can I ask you, how do you feel when you sit in yr father's commercial van during cruising? Does the suspension feel very stiff or it absorbs shocks like a usual passenger car?

For a moment, I thought this was a thread where someone saw a van in a remote carpark shaking violently ...... and come here to ask "why ah?"

hahaa.....

To answer your question in a more serious manner.....:) It's depending on when the shaking occurs. Stationery? Moving? The faster you drive, the more vibration? Or only when at traffic lights with gear engaged?

Could be engine mountings, could be drive shafts, like what bro here has advised.

Check with your father. He may be already aware of it. If not sent for road-worthiness inspection

While you might save money living in a van, it can be quite inconvenient. Where are you going to put the micro wave oven? Also, you might not have enough room if your parents come & stay over. You should think carefully. 2-3 days is ok, but long term, I am not so sure if it is a good idea. -_-

While you might save money living in a van, it can be quite inconvenient. Where are you going to put the micro wave oven? Also, you might not have enough room if your parents come & stay over. You should think carefully. 2-3 days is ok, but long term, I am not so sure if it is a good idea. -_-

If that you stay in your car, you can drive the home.

But if that you stay in a home, you can't bring the home out.

Bro, I drive the Extol WGN MT, but only 5 years old. Talking about shaking violently when accelerating... which gears were it when the shakes occur? Because Extol is a rear wheel drive, it could be due to worn out drive shafts or couplings. Resonance.

Btw can I ask you, how do you feel when you sit in yr father's commercial van during cruising? Does the suspension feel very stiff or it absorbs shocks like a usual passenger car?

While when i asked my father he also say don't know..btw for your question i think is when moving off from traffic light (1st gear) cruising at 60 to 70km/h..it just shake when it wants to shake but mostly doing 1st gear and 3 to 4th gear)