How to speak with an accent?

Ahtong

How come some people never live overseas for any extended period of time but they can speak like got potatoes in their mouth?

How and where to learn this amazing skill? I want to speak like Sean Connery [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

How come some people never live overseas for any extended period of time but they can speak like got potatoes in their mouth?

How and where to learn this amazing skill? I want to speak like Sean Connery [laugh]

have bukkake in mouth..sure can [:p][:p][:p]

You guys huh ... really .... tamade ...... don't make me LOL in the office. [laugh][laugh]

I suspect what accent the person have will depend on the ethnicity of the BKK donor?

It's ok if it's not fake...

Many people will auto switch to some unnatural fake accent when talking to angmos. Cannot tahan... All my goosebumps stand up.

Twenty somthing years ago his/her mother betrayed the husband and had an affair with an angmo.Until today only the mother knows about this.Therefore the way he/she speak with an acent.

hahaha.. me pefer the accent of Anthony Hopkins or Tony Blair :D

It's ok if it's not fake...

Many people will auto switch to some unnatural fake accent when talking to angmos. Cannot tahan... All my goosebumps stand up.

Not only ang moh... When in China, sporean also wanna fake PRC ascent... I listen liao also goose bump... But still feel that fake ang moh accent more er xin.

ever heard of fake indian accent? sometimes i hear my fren (who is a construction supervisor) speak funny to his workers... a mix of malayu and hokkien curese words + english in indian tone, laugh until pengsan :D

Not only ang moh... When in China, sporean also wanna fake PRC ascent... I listen liao also goose bump... But still feel that fake ang moh accent more er xin.

Chinese accent is still acceptable lah... Think otherwise, they cannot understand S'pore mandarin.

hahaha.. me pefer the accent of Anthony Hopkins or Tony Blair :D

Tony Blair's english is very standard. Queen's english. If u speak english properly in S'pore, it'll be close.

Some people cant understand our accent.. So in order for the other party to understand, some resort to slang so that the message can be understood.

Indian FT from my company never adjust their accent and when talking over the phone, they jus bla bla bla and expect we understand.

In the end, i told her to drop an email. :D

↡ Advertisement