Toyota recalls 245,000 Lexus sedans in US + 1.7 million

Blackseal

dont know y ppl still love toyota, last time i had camry, altis, harrier but now no thks

i will prefer stick to korean brand if had to choose between toyota and hyundai

nevertheless conti still a good option

dont know y ppl still love toyota, last time i had camry, altis, harrier but now no thks

i will prefer stick to korean brand if had to choose between toyota and hyundai

nevertheless conti still a good option

Like i said before, many pple still support Toyota no matter their quality has drop or not?! [rolleyes] I saw one car owner at my hse carpark, just changed from a 5 yr old Camry to a brand new Camry!

Like i said before, many pple still support Toyota no matter their quality has drop or not?! [rolleyes] I saw one car owner at my hse carpark, just changed from a 5 yr old Camry to a brand new Camry!

HOHO CAMRY LOVER [laugh]

some owners are those older generation who dun surf internet or rather die-hard loyal supporters..they might not even know Toyota cars got so many recalls [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Yesterday, a Japanese car that belongs friend of mine engine overheat. Such a drama that the car was towed into workshop. Due to the heat, the water pump housing also melted.

On a BMW, they have a sensor that sense radiator coolant level. And in case of even small leak of the radiator or cap/related hoses, the driver has enough time to bring the car to the workshop rather than let it run dry.

There are many other smaller things that the eyes can't see. BMW side mirror are also heated if you turn on the de-mister on the rear windscreen. When there is strong light from the car behind the rear mirror and side mirror becomes anti-glare electronically. The nozzle on the windscreen washer is heated. The brake comes with a sensor that if the pads are thin, there will be warning.

Just make the sheet metal looks nicer and slap in all the sound proofing materials doesn't mean they are as good as the Germans.

Koreans? They are just house appliances that has 4 wheels. The only reason that they can sell, is because the tax here is so high that it is difficult to buy German cars.

Lexus has really lost my respect over the years. Not only their cars have so many recalls, Lexus doesn't have any Brand-New Models except LFA which most people can't really afford. They are losing the market share to Mercedes and Audi. their sedans are getting dated and slightly boring. Even old-man's car Jaguar has lovely new models such as XJ and Facelift XF.

Will never buy a Japanese Car Period.

On a BMW, they have a sensor that sense radiator coolant level. And in case of even small leak of the radiator or cap/related hoses, the driver has enough time to bring the car to the workshop rather than let it run dry.

bmw_ablaze_with_flames_at_ang_mo_kio-thumbnail.jpg

Toyota is just too complacent. Their brand is heading south. If u make mass market cars, this type of recall while being responsible, doesnt help with instilling confidence in car buyers.

I used to own a Corona many years back. reason I bought? Cheap n Reliable so to speak. Its just bad japanese management style. Worst still, it hits their Lexus brand.

some owners are those older generation who dun surf internet or rather die-hard loyal supporters..they might not even know Toyota cars got so many recalls [laugh]

Maybe u are right, older generation who's mindset is fix on a particular brand, esp if the particular brand dun really give them problem.

I know so many pple ard me all are die-hard toyota fans! The only car they drive is Toyota, eg if the person have drove 3 cars, all the cars are Toyota! [rolleyes]

Edited by 13177

Maybe u are right, older generation who's mindset is fix on a particular brand, esp if the particular brand dun really give them problem.

I know so many pple ard me all are die-hard toyota fans! The only car they drive is Toyota, eg if the person have drove 3 cars, all the cars are Toyota! [rolleyes]

Haha, I am one of them :) but now switching to conti finally.

Sometimes, reputation also counts.

My wife doesn't rate Ford highly but has no problems with Toyota.

Brand name still rules.

Neutral Newbie

What I am trying to say is that with more sensors, the warning comes earlier in case of radiator is leaking. The driver has more information to decide what is best.

And a leak radiator will cause the engine to stall eventually if unattended.

If a stupid driver see the warning sign and continue driving what happens? I have seen a case where the radiator leaked, the auntie called someone on the phone "My car exploded". I helped her to plug the key into the slot in the transmission knob to release the gear, put it to N, then push the car to the side.

For fire, usually is modified cars, or in a car accident.

Yes, Heard and read that my car was affected, awaiting recall by Lexus soon,Toyota can admit mistakes, make restitution and recall affected models and most importantly, addressed problem, two thumbs up for them, Can U image it a world-wide issue, not Sp or Japan alone. Millions of them !

I will stand by car-company who made a mistake, ( Who dosen't anyway ), switching company by jumping ship only add insult to self image, there are no loyalty in any biz, let alone apologizes, never to repeat the same mistake twice. Juz like human being, one who say something must deliver on time or face consequences rather than one who makes mistakes, don not admit'g it. Give any company the respect they make and stand by them for their achievement not simply due to a fault, then thrashed them by pointing fingers, besides, if one point finger, 9 other fingers will also be pointing back at you.

Loyalty and Passion are stuff made by car company, design and manufacturer are people who created them, those who appreciate technology cars enjoy the colors in their wings, I'm one of those idiots who will continue to stand by their motto: " Pursuits of Excellence ", only if you truly know how.

Neutral Newbie

Anyway this is just a leaking oil tank because the sensor is not tightened enough. Small matter.

↡ Advertisement