Lexus driver speeds toward security guard and injures him

Timex1441

Not sure if anyone has posted this thread b4. I read it in asiaone motoring. Outrageous!

===================================

WHEN a motorist tried to park at a multi-storey carpark meant only for tenants at a business park, he was denied entry.

But he refused to move his car even after a queue of cars formed behind him.

And when police officers finally forced him to move to another spot, he shouted that he didn't care about the consequences and drove into the multi-storey carpark.

As he sped up the ramp, his car hit and injured a security guard who had earlier prevented him from entering the carpark at Tradehub 21 at Boon Lay Way on Wednesday.

Mr Lee Ah Hong, 64, told The New Paper that he was standing at the entrance to the carpark when he saw a black Lexus suddenly speeding towards him.

He managed to jump aside as the car passed him, but his right hand was hit, leaving him with a fractured wrist.

Mr Lee said the driver, whom he described as a man in his late 40s, wanted to park on the second level of the multi-storey carpark.

But he did not allow the driver to enter as he did not have a label indicating that he was a tenant at Tradehub 21.

Mr Gary Haris, 36, senior business development manager of KH Security Agency, said that only tenants are allowed to use the multi-storey carpark.

There are other parking spaces available on the grounds of the business park.

The incident happened at about 3.40pm, just minutes before Mr Lee was due to end his hourly stint at the carpark.

The driver insisted on parking there and refused to move, causing a queue of five to six cars, including a police car responding to a separate matter.

Intervened

Three police officers from the car intervened and asked the driver to move his car so that other vehicles could pass.

The driver moved his car to one of the parallel parking spaces opposite the multi-storey carpark, leaving it at a 45-degree angle away from the kerb.

By then, Mr Lee's supervisor and another colleague had shown up, having seen the incident on CCTV.

As they spoke to the driver, who was still in his car, Mr Lee stood in the middle of the entrance to the carpark, as he always does while on duty.

Said Mr Lee in Mandarin: "Then I saw something black coming towards me. Thank goodness I ran out of the way. But I wasn't fast enough and the car hit my hand."

After being hit, Mr Lee raised his right hand, using his other arm to support his wrist, and shouted at the driver that he had hit someone. Though the window on the driver's side was down, he continued speeding up the ramp, Mr Lee said.

The police was called and an ambulance took Mr Lee to the hospital, where he was given outpatient treatment and four days of medical leave.

Mr Lee later heard from a colleague that before the driver accelerated towards him, the driver had shouted: "I don't care about the consequences."

Other employees The New Paper spoke to also mentioned that the driver had said that.

Several security officers searched the 10-storey carpark for the owner and his vehicle, but could not find him.

Mr Lee's son, Mr Lee Zhi Wen, 44, who also works for the same company, was having his break at a coffee shop when he heard that his father had been injured.

Said the younger Mr Lee, who is still angry over the incident: "Our job is already dangerous. If the cars don't stop, our lives are at risk.

"My father is in his 60s. Did the driver need to do that?"

Upset

Mr Lee, who lives with his wife and his daughter, is upset at not being able to work for several days.

"I'm right-handed and it was my right hand that was hit," he said.

"It's swollen like a pig's trotter and it hurts so bad. I can't even hold a pen. How am I supposed to work?"

He is required to write down the licence plates of delivery vehicles that enter the multi-storey carpark.

The New Paper understands from Mr Haris that the police identified the driver about three hours after the incident.

A police spokesman confirmed that they received a call for assistance at about 3.50pm on Wednesday and are investigating.

Frustrated as he is with the driver for his rash act, Mr Lee still managed to find something to be thankful for.

Smiling, Mr Lee said: "At least he didn't hit my body. Now I can still celebrate Chinese New Year!"

↡ Advertisement

What an a**hole!

Not sure if anyone has posted this thread b4. I read it in asiaone motoring. Outrageous!

===================================

WHEN a motorist tried to park at a multi-storey carpark meant only for tenants at a business park, he was denied entry.

But he refused to move his car even after a queue of cars formed behind him.

And when police officers finally forced him to move to another spot, he shouted that he didn't care about the consequences and drove into the multi-storey carpark.

As he sped up the ramp, his car hit and injured a security guard who had earlier prevented him from entering the carpark at Tradehub 21 at Boon Lay Way on Wednesday.

Mr Lee Ah Hong, 64, told The New Paper that he was standing at the entrance to the carpark when he saw a black Lexus suddenly speeding towards him.

He managed to jump aside as the car passed him, but his right hand was hit, leaving him with a fractured wrist.

Mr Lee said the driver, whom he described as a man in his late 40s, wanted to park on the second level of the multi-storey carpark.

But he did not allow the driver to enter as he did not have a label indicating that he was a tenant at Tradehub 21.

Mr Gary Haris, 36, senior business development manager of KH Security Agency, said that only tenants are allowed to use the multi-storey carpark.

There are other parking spaces available on the grounds of the business park.

The incident happened at about 3.40pm, just minutes before Mr Lee was due to end his hourly stint at the carpark.

The driver insisted on parking there and refused to move, causing a queue of five to six cars, including a police car responding to a separate matter.

Intervened

Three police officers from the car intervened and asked the driver to move his car so that other vehicles could pass.

The driver moved his car to one of the parallel parking spaces opposite the multi-storey carpark, leaving it at a 45-degree angle away from the kerb.

By then, Mr Lee's supervisor and another colleague had shown up, having seen the incident on CCTV.

As they spoke to the driver, who was still in his car, Mr Lee stood in the middle of the entrance to the carpark, as he always does while on duty.

Said Mr Lee in Mandarin: "Then I saw something black coming towards me. Thank goodness I ran out of the way. But I wasn't fast enough and the car hit my hand."

After being hit, Mr Lee raised his right hand, using his other arm to support his wrist, and shouted at the driver that he had hit someone. Though the window on the driver's side was down, he continued speeding up the ramp, Mr Lee said.

The police was called and an ambulance took Mr Lee to the hospital, where he was given outpatient treatment and four days of medical leave.

Mr Lee later heard from a colleague that before the driver accelerated towards him, the driver had shouted: "I don't care about the consequences."

Other employees The New Paper spoke to also mentioned that the driver had said that.

Several security officers searched the 10-storey carpark for the owner and his vehicle, but could not find him.

Mr Lee's son, Mr Lee Zhi Wen, 44, who also works for the same company, was having his break at a coffee shop when he heard that his father had been injured.

Said the younger Mr Lee, who is still angry over the incident: "Our job is already dangerous. If the cars don't stop, our lives are at risk.

"My father is in his 60s. Did the driver need to do that?"

Upset

Mr Lee, who lives with his wife and his daughter, is upset at not being able to work for several days.

"I'm right-handed and it was my right hand that was hit," he said.

"It's swollen like a pig's trotter and it hurts so bad. I can't even hold a pen. How am I supposed to work?"

He is required to write down the licence plates of delivery vehicles that enter the multi-storey carpark.

The New Paper understands from Mr Haris that the police identified the driver about three hours after the incident.

A police spokesman confirmed that they received a call for assistance at about 3.50pm on Wednesday and are investigating.

Frustrated as he is with the driver for his rash act, Mr Lee still managed to find something to be thankful for.

Smiling, Mr Lee said: "At least he didn't hit my body. Now I can still celebrate Chinese New Year!"

Lexus leh, can claim soundproofing too good didn't hear the security guards, security manager and policemen telling him he cannot park there. Then can also claim that he thought he hit a tree branch when going up the ramp. Judge sure believe because...it's a Lexus!

Neutral Newbie

I find the part that says "Several security officers searched the 10-storey carpark for the owner and his vehicle, but could not find him." a bit werid... where could the owner (driver) and his vehicle had gone to, in the carpark, that these serveral security officers could not find him?

Also equally werid is, why so persistent on going into the MSCP, to take such a risk (in front of police officers somemore and so many witness somemore)?

I find the part that says "Several security officers searched the 10-storey carpark for the owner and his vehicle, but could not find him." a bit werid... where could the owner (driver) and his vehicle had gone to, in the carpark, that these serveral security officers could not find him?

Also equally werid is, why so persistent on going into the MSCP, to take such a risk (in front of police officers somemore and so many witness somemore)?

sooo scary...maybe its phantom driver.

For this case, he can claim

- unintended acceleration;

- superior sound proofing and cannot hear his car hit someone.

no wonder.. alot of cars are re-badging to luxury cars.....

i'm going to do that....

will i be jailed if i'm caught tampering my badge???? :huh:

He already say he don't care about the consequences, means he go jail many years or fine millions also he won't care. He just want to go up that MSCP, his life dream, and he did it, he can die happy.

↡ Advertisement