Bad Cough! Bad Cough!

Yagami85

Very peaceful

In fact after the initial emotions from her, I got her to focus on what needs to b done and fulfil it. She did!

Truly a master of the mind and the captain of the heart. Respect very mucho.

↡ Advertisement

had a friend coughing like that for a long time....3 years since he left earth... :a-rip:

on a serious note, get a chest xray just to r/o anything sinister

Plus 1 to this. If its a cough that simply will not go away, go and take a chest x-ray. Chest x-ray is cheap and safe. Taxi drivers zap once every 3 yrs, so far none turn into zombie.  

Supersonic

Plus 1 to this. If its a cough that simply will not go away, go and take a chest x-ray. Chest x-ray is cheap and safe. Taxi drivers zap once every 3 yrs, so far none turn into zombie.  

Up to individual who define how long is long can be consider that cough will not go away?! Some people really cough up to 1 month or so and then their cough recovered. But for some people if you cough for 3 weeks is consider very long liao. Thats why cough is a very troublesome illness. 

Supersonic

Cough is a symptom. Need to check if you have actual illness.

If it's just an itchy throat, making you cough, probably home remedies will work over a long period, and it's safer.

1. Honey or something sweet to sooth the throat

2. Salt gargle

3. Ginger tea

etc.

Supersonic

Cough is a symptom. Need to check if you have actual illness.

If it's just an itchy throat, making you cough, probably home remedies will work over a long period, and it's safer.

1. Honey or something sweet to sooth the throat

2. Salt gargle

3. Ginger tea

etc.

So what type of cough need to check le? So far think my cough is itchiness in my throat that makes me cough, and this itch usually only appear after 9pm to late night!   [sweatdrop]

Supersonic

So what type of cough need to check le? So far think my cough is itchiness in my throat that makes me cough, and this itch usually only appear after 9pm to late night!   [sweatdrop]

Haha, I'm not a doctor. See one and ask his advice, if there's other underlying illness.

If he's just giving you cough suppressants, then it's probably no better than home remedies to sooth the throat.

Google night cough remedy, plenty of advice out there.

1.  Take a spoon full of manuka honey, slowly moist the throat and swallow.

2.  Drink mineral water before and after 9pm.  Best is atas brand. 

You stay which area?  Punggol?

Supersonic

1.  Take a spoon full of manuka honey, slowly moist the throat and swallow.

2.  Drink mineral water before and after 9pm.  Best is atas brand. 

You stay which area?  Punggol?

Stay in which area got affected cough? I dont now should i take manuka honey since sometimes my throat also have a bit of phlegm. Scare sweet stuff would generate phlegm.

Stay in which area got affected cough? I dont now should i take manuka honey since sometimes my throat also have a bit of phlegm. Scare sweet stuff would generate phlegm.

Never mind.  I already suggested for your consideration and now it is up. Hope it works for you.  [cool]

Supersonic

Never mind.  I already suggested for your consideration and now it is up. Hope it works for you.  [cool]

Thanks for the suggestion.  ^_^

Supersonic

Manuka honey is good for throats. It does not necessary mean it will generate phlegm.

And get those non sparking mineral water as suggested.

No try, no gain. 

Supersonic

Manuka honey is good for throats. It does not necessary mean it will generate phlegm.

And get those non sparking mineral water as suggested.

No try, no gain. 

Trying manuka honey now. Actually my cough seems getting better, lesser cough at night although still have a bit coughing.

Supersonic

Trying manuka honey now. Actually my cough seems getting better, lesser cough at night although still have a bit coughing.

See...

Isn't it good that you have tried another suggestion? 

Supersonic

See...

Isn't it good that you have tried another suggestion? 

Think my cough getting better because of the TCM cough syrup.  [:p]

Supersonic

When I had a long cough, I tried manuka. It helped a little. But I think too expensive.

Probably normal honey will do just fine. I'd just try the raw honey, nothing special.

Supersonic

When I had a long cough, I tried manuka. It helped a little. But I think too expensive.

Probably normal honey will do just fine. I'd just try the raw honey, nothing special.

Manuka does help a bit for throat and cough. But price indeed too expensive. one bottle can cost over $100 plus!  [sweatdrop]