Fish tank

Tjkbeluga

it turns into a chore if you find it laborious.. that's when you know you should stop

what i do is keep changing the decorations to freshen things up

Edited by Galantspeedz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

My clown fish with me for more than 3 years liao. The previous one, 5 years before going to heaven caused by my wife's fren kid. My clown fish is just a normal percular clown fish, very territorial. Outlast many many other of my fishes and causes the newbie to commit suicide.

Mine is a 2ft marine tank, rocks only. Every month 10L water change. Once in a while glass cleaning. Easy maintenance. No need chiller and filter is by Eheim Ecco Pro cannister filter. Change filter pad only when output flow is low.

My planted tank is a constant failure. Kept resetting many many times. Now just restarted with mini Nanas. No fish yet after my cherry barbs went to heaven after 5+years.

Been keeping fish since 1998. Still have a empty 6ft cabinet tank.

• Praise 3

Fyi to those who go there for purchase...it has been vacated since April.

New location is stated in bottom of picture 2.

post-163127-0-10781900-1525601106_thumb.jpeg

post-163127-0-85844500-1525601132_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

Any bro know why my 3.5w mini filter pump can suck dirt better than my other 5.2w filter pump in a 2 feet tank?

The latter can pump out water pretty decently but the filtration is frustratingly inadequate.

Edited by mersaylee

Any bro know why my 3.5w mini filter pump can suck dirt better than my other 5.2w filter pump in a 2 feet tank?

The latter can pump out water pretty decently but the filtration is frustratingly inadequate.

Both using same type of filter? Same brand?

Not surprised as some models are just lousy.

Need to compare apple to apple. The filtration filter layers within the 2 different filter pump will determine the impedance of the water flow ie. how hard the pump need to work.

Need to compare apple to apple. The filtration filter layers within the 2 different filter pump will determine the impedance of the water flow ie. how hard the pump need to work.

I’ll try to remove the charcoal bits tonight to see if it improves...

Using flow-rate will be a better comparison.

From your pictures, the smaller pump inlet seems like not connected to any filter/sponge as compare to the bigger pump?

As @vratenza mentioned, different layers will also affect their flow-rate.

• Praise 2

Using flow-rate will be a better comparison.

From your pictures, the smaller pump inlet seems like not connected to any filter/sponge as compare to the bigger pump?

As @vratenza mentioned, different layers will also affect their flow-rate.

Oh.. so u never open fully for the big pump? May be you turned it smaller as compare to the smaller pump, so it appears weaker?

Depends on the type of fishes/ deco, a recommended flow-rate for circulation will be 5-10 times your tank capacity

• Praise 2

I prefer external filter pumps even if it is for a small tank.

Better flowrate and control. Distribution of the water flow is easily directed with the tubes/nozzles. Frees up the limited real estate within the tank too.

Can consider Eden 501. I used it extensively when I was into aquariums previously.

Urban+Aquaria+-+13+Litre+Nano+Tank+-+Ede

There’s a small sponge filter under the motor...the flow rate of the bigger one is good if I fully open the valve...but the tsunami effect will be too much for the small fish

• Praise 1

I prefer external filter pumps even if it is for a small tank.

Better flowrate and control. Distribution of the water flow is easily directed with the tubes/nozzles. Frees up the limited real estate within the tank too.

Can consider Eden 501. I used it extensively when I was into aquariums previously.

Urban+Aquaria+-+13+Litre+Nano+Tank+-+Ede

Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve read enough bad experiences on external pumps especially PRC made ones...

I prefer more streamline setup with as little clutter as possible. The drawbacks about the in tank pump are, it raises the water temperature by quite a fair bit - I had to drop some ice cubes...during very hot days - and water vaporize faster too.

yes, temperature is a major concern for me previously when I was into planted tanks. Most aquatic plants thrive and flourish better under 18-20 degrees celsius. Was using chillers and co2 tanks.....very equipment intensive setup.

But I guess if you want minimum external clutter, then have to stick to internal pump/filter setup. Just have to deal with the cons of the setup as best as you can.

Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve read enough bad experiences on external pumps especially PRC made ones...

I prefer more streamline setup with as little clutter as possible. The drawbacks about the in tank pump are, it raises the water temperature by quite a fair bit - I had to drop some ice cubes...during very hot days - and water vaporize faster too.

yes, temperature is a major concern for me previously when I was into planted tanks. Most aquatic plants thrive and flourish better under 18-20 degrees celsius. Was using chillers and co2 tanks.....very equipment intensive setup.

But I guess if you want minimum external clutter, then have to stick to internal pump/filter setup. Just have to deal with the cons of the setup as best as you can.

Not sure where is wrong. Can help??

post-35926-0-84483600-1543648096_thumb.jpg

post-35926-0-84088800-1543648107_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement