Hup Long Automobile

Gadgeter

I am a first time car owner with a very little budget to own a very basic car (as my job require a car). I just want to share my bad experience from recent purchase of 2nd hand Car and hope you won't fall into the same trap.

If you plan to buy 2nd hand car please make sure the dealer make or repair everything that you found not right before you make any payment. I collected my car at the end of last year and only after I took the car I found that the power window not working (within the same day), on the spot I called the Dealer Name: CHEW KC from KRUISE AUTO PTE LTD at Automobile Megamart #04-05, he said will help me to fix the problem. He asked me to go to his workshop on that weekend, the mechanic said got to order the spare part and it take 1 week to arrive. I had been follow up for 4 weeks already and he keep on saying the part still not arrive. The car is made in the country nearby and I dont think the spare part need to take 4 weeks to deliver. Just imagine how bad the sales keep their promise? How can this be happen in Singapore? How can the company allow the kind of people work in their company?

I am very sad with the experience and hope the friend out there think twice if u want to go to him or the company to buy ur car.

u got problem with other dealer go share in other thread

ppl no care cruise or no cruise

↡ Advertisement

since no black/white written, the car will be SOLD as it is since it is a pre-own car.

very difficult to ask for compensation.

just like those Hypermart display electronics items which is always SOLD as it is during clearance sale.

caveat emptor i guess...

when i bought my car, i didn't even test drive... only start engine and look for signs of repair... my dad say so dirty inside confirm not repaired before

lucky no problem so far...

hahaha [laugh]

Little do I expect that one day, I'll be posting such a thread in MCF myself.

While I'm trying extremely hard not to post this, I guess the rest of the bro/sis should learn from my experience and take it as a lesson when you go shop for your next used car.

In the week of 6th Dec 2010, I went to look at a particular car at the above dealer.

I instantly like the ride, price wise was reasonable.

After i tested it, i almost sign on the paper immediately. However, i have certain doubts which i needed to clear first. There is more but i decide to list one of the 5 main ones.

1. a few scratches i want him to fix before handing over and the car should be well polished.

2. I want full tank of petrol when i collect the car

3. to fix the 5 dents before handing over.

4. is the car serviced regularly?

5. there is a crack on the right headlight, will there be problem of water going into it?

The reply from the SE who happened to be the owner as well responded.

1. the car is in original paint work condition. don't spray else the car no value.

2. yes, it will be done when hand over

3. yes, it will be done when hand over

4. yes, i go to G... eng.... for regular servicing and my last servicing was 2500km ago (as shown in trip B meter).

5. DONT worry, there wouldn't be any problem with the headlights.

On 13rd Dec, i became the proud owner of this car.

And as i have a pre-planned oversea trip, i left the car undriven from 17-25 Dec 2010.

Remember item 1 of the above?

Car being in original paint work condition? As i was detailing the car on 26 Dec, I realised that the right 2 doors was being sprayed before!

It's my fault for not being more careful when i was inspecting the car before buying... The bonus point? there is no major accident. Perhaps the owner brushes the wall before.

With regards to the polishing job before handing over the car? I don't even want to go into details for this.

I drove the car from 26-29 Dec. Just as I stopped my car in the parking lot on 29 Dec 2010, i noticed that i didn't park properly. When I tried to restart the car, it just stalled and battery was flat!

Called the SE, and he was kind enough to provide me the contact of the shop where he purchased the battery (9 months ago). I told him, i only driven the car for 8 days! he should be responsible.

Anyway, long story short on the smsing here and there, on who's responsibility. In the end, the boss of Hup Long instructed that they will foot for it. Kudos to the after sales service! [thumbsup]

Item 2.

Nope, there was no full tank given. In the end, i had to make the SE honour his words.. he gave $50, which is barely enough. [:|]

Item 3.

Dents wasn't fixed when i collected the ride. Although the SE have given me $50, i had to make my own arrangement to fix the dents!!!! [:|]

Item 4.

The SE/owner said that he service his car regularly? However, Saaber (MCFer) suggested that i should change the oil and not to trust the SE/owner for his words.

On 30 Jan 2011, i sent my car for servicing and the trip B meter now reads 4950km. So, effectively, I only drove the car for about 2500km after collecting it on 13th Dec 2010.

Guess what is the colour of the engine oil, dark black in colour!! So much for honesty from the SE.

I didn't take the photo of the oil but I managed to take a photo of the air filter. At i thought the SE used Carbon air filter, :D , but I realised i was wrong.

Item 5.

This is the deal breaker and i feel that there is a need to share my experience with the rest of the MCFer.

As we all know, it has been raining since yesterday. I'm fortunate that I parked in a MSCP. It was raining while i was on my way to work this morning..

When I reached my office, i realised that water have slipped into the headlights!!! It is less than 2months and with a total travelled distance of 2600km after i collected the car!!..

I was given the assurance that I will not face this problem!!

I called Hexing and was being informed that the headlight will cost me $400 (before GST and parts only)!

I smsed the SE, but he didn't response.

So, whoever is reading this (from Hup Long). Dont call me unless you can settle this.

I shall not going into details about the leaking absorbers (front and rear right) which is going to cost about $1K (parts only) which i found out on 29 Jan 2011.

Disclaimer: This thread will be highlighted and serve as a good reminder to all buyers, to be smart when you make your purchase.

The above is based on my true personal experience within 2 months of ownership, I have seek legal advice and know my rights before I decide to post all the necessary info.

1st thing in the mind when purchasing a used car, always get referrals to intro you a car dealer.

It will be better instead, as they will definitely do up the items you requested if they are able to.....

End user tends to get cheat like that.....to those SE, everything before you buy the car, all can, after buy this want cant, that want cannot. Once you signed, then bo pian liao...unless your loan reject lor.....

I shouldn't have trust the SE words...

If SE's word can be trust...Rooster also can fly liao. I learned my lesson when I bought my 1st car. Since then...no more 2nd hand cars for me. I can feel your frustration..felt sorry for you too. [shakehead]

Send to my house instead, I'll send them back to you well packaged in boxes. [laugh] [laugh]

i no 2nd hand car dealer

y ban me

1 more word from u

also will sent guards to your house

Yeah, my SE for my Mazda 6 also dark up, scratched my new car by using a dirty cloth to wipe the car clean. Some people just don't know and some never will.

sometimes it's luck

alot of farked up SE just out to make a quick buck i guess

Yeah, my SE for my Mazda 6 also dark up, scratched my new car by using a dirty cloth to wipe the car clean. Some people just don't know and some never will.

mine was quite ok.

when i went viewing, the car just came in, they in the midst of grooming. car plate just took out so cannto test drive,so i just start engine and poke around engine bay see see look look. wayang la, since i was basically a car idiot [laugh] [laugh]

the SE promised me to do grooming swee swee so i say ok lor

price bargain abit, then settle insurance only since not taking loan, next day morning come collect car liaoz.

sibei heng also la [laugh]

Mine abet the swirl scratches, till date, 8yrs, still going strong. Not selling or scraping, renew COE after.

And no more 2nd fun car, wife said best we save the money and go travel.....ok. :D

8yrs, milage only 90k+. no joke. My other car, masa, 3yrs, 30k+. [rolleyes]

Mine abet the swirl scratches, till date, 8yrs, still going strong. Not selling or scraping, renew COE after.

And no more 2nd fun car, wife said best we save the money and go travel.....ok. :D

8yrs, milage only 90k+. no joke. My other car, masa, 3yrs, 30k+. [rolleyes]

that time my dad wanted to pass me his RX300 which left 2 yrs when he upgrade to X5.

but i did my sums bo hua to renew COE leh

you paying 60-70k for PQP + forfeit another 40k PARF value + pay additional 150% road tax + increased probable maintenence fee

count here count there also bo hua, then just sold off and buy another car [laugh] [laugh]

For me, worth it, my cars all fully paid up.

hmm... yeah... i guess so

don't like to loan... my friends say i siao... pay full cash for car [laugh] i just don't see the point of paying interest for something i can easily afford?

Not long ago there was a survey on professions people trust and car dealers ranked the lowest. Not surprising esp used car dealers- bunch of crooks.

↡ Advertisement