Kia Forte vs Lancer Ex

Pea01

not sure about forte, but for EX and Mz3 pls dont get the 1.6/1.5... top up a bit can get the 2L which is what the body is built for

EX - fierce, sporty look, but the pick up feels very wannabe

Mz3 - conti drive, less common on the road, freaking heavy FC

Forte - this is machiam the cheaper version of corolla, throw one stone can hit 5 fortes, 4 altis and 3 vios

i feel that buy car not need to ask ask one. just go and test drive and buy the one you have the best feeling. no need to care what anyone thinks.

this one i agree... go with your heart... many could have condemn EX/Mz3's pickup... if u like it... just grab... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

not sure about forte, but for EX and Mz3 pls dont get the 1.6/1.5... top up a bit can get the 2L which is what the body is built for

EX - fierce, sporty look, but the pick up feels very wannabe

Mz3 - conti drive, less common on the road, freaking heavy FC

Forte - this is machiam the cheaper version of corolla, throw one stone can hit 5 fortes, 4 altis and 3 vios

i feel that buy car not need to ask ask one. just go and test drive and buy the one you have the best feeling. no need to care what anyone thinks.

i think most of the buyer/driver want to ask about feedback of the new cars, the main concern is that nowdays with so many defects and recalls back , buyers don't have the confidence on manufacturer like before.

buying car is not as easy as buying bread,if it is not nice , can just dump it away with no worry. everyone want to choose the effortable and reliable car by asking and sharing comments around especially new 1st hand buyer. once they know the more further information despite from the salesman bull.s--t talk, they will ultimately decide what they want.

Everyone is suggesting go for 2.0L, but actual life, ppl will go for 1.5 / 1.6. Because owning car in Singapore is damn expensive. Road tax, fc n insurance is a killer Liao. Do consider this factor, how fast can u go in sg haha.

I driven the 2.0L lancer ex before.Power wise when driving like a normal 1.6.maybe it's due to it's gearbox, i don't know.But definitely the power is there for manual GT version.

Neutral Newbie

I don't care if is MIJ. I only care if I like the car.

I will opt for Forte for the driving experience. EX 1.5 cannot make it.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. But would you care to elaborate? For instance, on what aspects is the forte superior etc... Because Mazda 3 selling at 81k now.. so it is abt 9k cheaper...

New Mazda 3 going at 81k??? Sure anot?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Yeah. Exactly, if new m3 Is going at 81k then i dun need to think so much coz forte 6speed n lancer ex is more expensive. The winner confirm m3 lor. But I check sg car mart is not.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...g.php?MOD=Mazda

Usually the price on sg car mart is quite accurate.

Edited by Pea01

Hi guys, I know much have been discussed about both cars but how about comparing them? I know one is 1600cc whereas the other is 1500cc but the pricing is pretty close. Juz that lancer fetch higher OMV n lesser accessories so is juz a basic car. Pls share yr views with me. Thanks.

Lancer Ex elegance - $82999

Kia forte 4speed -$79999

Kia forte 6speed - $83999

Hi, TS, i dunnoe why so many mentioned that lancer ex 1.5 is underpower. But personally i test drive, i found that the lancer ex is much more responsive and the engine tone is very nice while the forte engine seems very rough.

By the way, when i test drive last year, lancer ex 1.5 is 10k more then forte.

Neutral Newbie

My vote goes for the new Mazda 3. Sleek exterior, handling is good, but don't expect a good pickup when you are paying for a 1.6L. Alot of people here commented on pick up not good, but you are paying for 1.5/1.6, what can you expect? Which model pickup good, other than manual? LOL :D

Both are winners.

LANCER EX VS FORTE EX

jdat1.jpg

for me.... since both are under the same category COE A, i might as well push for the limit and go for a 1.6 forte.

Edited by Friendstar

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. But would you care to elaborate? For instance, on what aspects is the forte superior etc... Because Mazda 3 selling at 81k now.. so it is abt 9k cheaper...

Bro, you saw the wrong car?

http://www.mazda.com.sg/moby/export/sites/...e-pricelist.pdf

Latest pricelist is 91K minus 1.5K if you are trading in.. Unless you booked your Mazda 3 few weeks back when they are offering 79,888K.

My vote goes for the new Mazda 3. Sleek exterior, handling is good, but don't expect a good pickup when you are paying for a 1.6L. Alot of people here commented on pick up not good, but you are paying for 1.5/1.6, what can you expect? Which model pickup good, other than manual? LOL :D

swift sport auto?

↡ Advertisement