Vios Kiss Sonata

Hiphiphoray

Hiaz.......after all the reading all the car accident in MCF. Finally its my turn. Ths day finally came. [:(]

The time was 5.30pm / 05th Feb 2011. Was sending my parents-in-law home from toa payoh to jurong east. My car have already stop at the toa payoh lorong 6 filter lane....looking out for traffic going to the TPY south flyover. Was a good 2 second after i have stopped before the dotted line, until a vios ram us from the back. Pushing our car forward a good car length....right into in-coming cars!!!! Thank god the in-coming car manage to stop in time....orelse...... [knife] .

i was the driver and FIL was the front passenger, MIL and wify was behind, fully belted up. MIL was ok, but Wify hit the head against the front seat and bounch backwards. Head was in pain but gradually subsided later. I think its called wipslasp ???? (somebody pls enlighten me on this). The other driver was mid thirties and look shell shocked. Keep banging his hand against his head and said sorry. Until i open my car door and showed him my crying wify...his face turn green!!! I immediately said maybe we should call ambulance???? Wify said its ok no need....so didnt call.

We exchange particulars. Duno why he didnt bring his driving license, so i wrote down his ic, address, name, contact number. Our car damage dont look too serious and i took a few photos. But he didnt take any photos! Advise me to go repair and claim cash from him. Later on he called and said if claim more than 3k, go claim his insurance.

Hold up traffic slightly for about 10 mins and drove off. i manage to still go jurong east and back. Even pass him at PIE towards jurong. Wah kaoz....his car can still move. And without front car plate. [laugh]

This is the first time I am claiming somebody's insurance, so some kind bros please advise me what to do. I MUST REPORT TO OUR OWN CAR INSURANCE FIRST RIGHT ? Car + insurance is under wify's name and im one of the name driver. Our Insurance is Tokio Marine but the hotline in the website is not in use anymore. WTF!!! Office number is not contactable. There is however a list of approved workshop, which i havent tried to call. Should i call any of them and send the car in first ? I assume it will be on monday ? What about wify's possible injury ? Should i go make a police report and bring wify go see doctor first ???? Private clinic or govt SGH or even Mt E ???? Do i do everything now within 24hrs or wait until monday ? i doubt workshops are open tomorrow being a long CNY weekend.

MCF bros pls advise. :mellow:

IMAG0252a.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0250a.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0248a.jpg

IMAG0247a.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0256a.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

Edited by Hiphiphoray
↡ Advertisement

whiplash - a non-medical term describing a range of injuries to the neck caused by or related to a sudden distortion of the neck[1] associated with extension.[2]

Whiplash is commonly associated with motor vehicle accidents, usually when the vehicle has been hit in the rear.

tonight or tomorrow, your mrs will have a hard time sleeping... these injuries (can be easily) can be serious enough to warrant a neck brace...

suggest report insurance and see a doctor.

sonota backside is tough !!

Must report within 24hrs to your insurance company, email them the incident to cover yourself if can't reach by phone. Btw your got take down the car plate no too right?

ur wife needs to see a doctor at any of the hospital A&E departments asap....it might not be serious but just to play safe, the doctor needs to take a look, to ensure tat none of the neck vertebrae or spine is affected. (nausea, dizziness, headache, etc might not be immediate after the accident)

If no injury is detected by the A&E doc, it doesn't mean no whiplash. my classmate suffered whiplash pain for years after an accident, & needed minor surgery (i think he had surgery 1 yr after the accident but the pain didnt subside completely).

U shld NOT claim cash fr the rear-ending driver....the best is still to go thru ur insurance company becos u dun know if 1 or 2 yr fr now, how much medical expenses ur wife would have incurred!!!

You should have call an ambulance to send your wife to the hospital for check up as well as to have a record in paper.

Your photo should also shows the other car license plate number for insurance claim.

Some voice recording of him saying sorry to you will also help in future dispute by the other driver if any.

Send car to agent for repair to replace all original parts.

BTW didnt know Sonata is so tough, Toyota lose to you big time, maybe made in China or Thailand, hahaha [laugh]

sonota backside is tough !!

thats why the occupants will kena more impact upon accident..the vios have crumple zone and the occupants shld be relatively unharmed or untouch

its imperative that you go to the A&E and see a doctor.

i too was a victim hit in the back last year.

the pain may not be felt now but it can be felt tomorrow.

on the day of the accident,i felt nothing.

the next morning,neck and back pain

i filed report to the police as i didnt trust the guy who rammed me from the rear.

he claimed i ebraked when i wasnt even moving as it was at a traffic light

You should have call an ambulance to send your wife to the hospital for check up as well as to have a record in paper.

Your photo should also shows the other car license plate number for insurance claim.

Some voice recording of him saying sorry to you will also help in future dispute by the other driver if any.

Send car to agent for repair to replace all original parts.

BTW didnt know Sonata is so tough, Toyota lose to you big time, maybe made in China or Thailand, hahaha [laugh]

sonata is a heavier car n it was stationary loaded with occupants, so the lighter vios wasn't able to do more damage.

the current s'pore law says tat a police report is only required if the accident involves injury.

Perhaps u shld also head down to a neighbourhood police post and file a report. (maybe reporting within 24 hrs is ok? best is if u had called for police & ambulance on the spot but tat's water under the bridge)

I am puzzled:

He did not carry Driving Licence, and you wrote down his particulars as you already knew him?

If not, a driver who could not produce his valid Driving Licence can be without one.

You could wrote the other driver's particulars wrongly if you did not copy it from his NRIC (still you would not know if he got valid Driving Licence for Class 3A or Class 3...). His car Auto or Manual (perhaps he was driving manual with Class 3A Driving Licence). That means without motor insurance coverage as well?

Make police report. Make Insurance report. Abnormal accident transaction best to go through the usual protocol with proper documentation. He may seek legal assistance against you later.

its imperative that you go to the A&E and see a doctor.

i too was a victim hit in the back last year.

the pain may not be felt now but it can be felt tomorrow.

on the day of the accident,i felt nothing.

the next morning,neck and back pain

i filed report to the police as i didnt trust the guy who rammed me from the rear.

he claimed i ebraked when i wasnt even moving as it was at a traffic light

I am puzzled:

Did that other driver believed he would had missed your car if you did not ebraked (laugh) Or perhaps he did not know what he was saying?

Bad news bro... my sympathies. As the bros above mentioned - imperative to see doctor - as the injuries may only be felt later. I kena before so I know.

Since the other driver did not produce identification - should also make police report, and moreover, there may be injuries.

Report to insurance company asap - best to give your agent a call and ask for assistance. That's what they get commission for - to help with claims.

The vios must be dreaming. It is obvious he must have been going at quite a fast speed before ramming into the sonata.

↡ Advertisement