Vios Kiss Sonata

Hiphiphoray

i was puzzled as well. Why dun carry driving license one ???? :blink:

His particulars i occupied directly from his original pink ic. I think its still ok bah. He stay somewhere in bukit panjang..... [laugh]

I am puzzled:

He did not carry Driving Licence, and you wrote down his particulars as you already knew him?

If not, a driver who could not produce his valid Driving Licence can be without one.

You could wrote the other driver's particulars wrongly if you did not copy it from his NRIC (still you would not know if he got valid Driving Licence for Class 3A or Class 3...). His car Auto or Manual (perhaps he was driving manual with Class 3A Driving Licence). That means without motor insurance coverage as well?

Make police report. Make Insurance report. Abnormal accident transaction best to go through the usual protocol with proper documentation. He may seek legal assistance against you later.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Workshop repair wise, i have no idea how it works.

I see the approved list of workshop, none im familar with.

Maybe call up some of them and hear them out first.

i dont wish to carrot that guy too. im more concern about wify's unpredictable neck injuries than the car repairs now.

hardly seen so much photos upload for accident, good job.

if you dont want to trouble to send your wife to hospital , at least send to a nearby clinic to do a minor check on the head, head dont play play

it is a must (safe) to make a accident report, claim or not to claim is another issue. so therefore , go make a report 1st. but becareful where you go , the greedy workshop will always psycho you to do a insurance repair cos his profit will be very high cos he is going to change whatever it take to make flying high cost claim.

let the vios what you going to claim to let him know what is going on, mentally prepare for the cost/claim.

feel very sorry for you that this accident spolit your festival mood.

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Wah kaoz....that serious har ????

She is flying off to US for 1 week work assignment in 2 weeks time. Duno can take it of not........... :o

i kena whiplash before same 2-hit combo effect ... no joke ... the nagging pain on the neck came only few days later and last for a month for me.

Can't lay down on my back when sleeping, must sleep sideway then the pain is slightly better. Think you better go hospital to check up and claim medical from him.

Rear parking sensor gone bonkers liao......but overall car still perfroming as per normal. ^_^

I didnt mentioned that Vios still move onto PIE towards tuas without FRONT CAR PLATE. [laugh] I think he heading home.

Was surprised his vios can still move. [laugh]

bad day indeed for u bro, hopefully u will be able to claim the insurance ASAP.

BTW ur car backside really strong, can drive from west to east but the vios one, i doubt it can move

Hiaz.......after all the reading all the car accident in MCF. Finally its my turn. Ths day finally came. [:(]

The time was 5.30pm / 05th Feb 2011. Was sending my parents-in-law home from toa payoh to jurong east. My car have already stop at the toa payoh lorong 6 filter lane....looking out for traffic going to the TPY south flyover. Was a good 2 second after i have stopped before the dotted line, until a vios ram us from the back. Pushing our car forward a good car length....right into in-coming cars!!!! Thank god the in-coming car manage to stop in time....orelse...... [knife] .

i was the driver and FIL was the front passenger, MIL and wify was behind, fully belted up. MIL was ok, but Wify hit the head against the front seat and bounch backwards. Head was in pain but gradually subsided later. I think its called wipslasp ???? (somebody pls enlighten me on this). The other driver was mid thirties and look shell shocked. Keep banging his hand against his head and said sorry. Until i open my car door and showed him my crying wify...his face turn green!!! I immediately said maybe we should call ambulance???? Wify said its ok no need....so didnt call.

We exchange particulars. Duno why he didnt bring his driving license, so i wrote down his ic, address, name, contact number. Our car damage dont look too serious and i took a few photos. But he didnt take any photos! Advise me to go repair and claim cash from him. Later on he called and said if claim more than 3k, go claim his insurance.

Hold up traffic slightly for about 10 mins and drove off. i manage to still go jurong east and back. Even pass him at PIE towards jurong. Wah kaoz....his car can still move. And without front car plate. [laugh]

This is the first time I am claiming somebody's insurance, so some kind bros please advise me what to do. I MUST REPORT TO OUR OWN CAR INSURANCE FIRST RIGHT ? Car + insurance is under wify's name and im one of the name driver. Our Insurance is Tokio Marine but the hotline in the website is not in use anymore. WTF!!! Office number is not contactable. There is however a list of approved workshop, which i havent tried to call. Should i call any of them and send the car in first ? I assume it will be on monday ? What about wify's possible injury ? Should i go make a police report and bring wify go see doctor first ???? Private clinic or govt SGH or even Mt E ???? Do i do everything now within 24hrs or wait until monday ? i doubt workshops are open tomorrow being a long CNY weekend.

MCF bros pls advise. :mellow:

sorry to hear that bro. hope what i wrote here can help.

1. report to your own car insurer first. go check your policy documents. there should be a number for the insured to call. usually, all claims have to be reported within 24 hours. but insurers might close one eye and allow you to report at a later time coz its the holidays.

2. go ahead and send the car to the approved workshops for repairs first. do not worry about the cost. based on this situation, you shouldn't be held liable for the damages. your insurer will duly pay for your repairs before going after the Vios's driver's insurer.

3. you can send your wify to any medical facility to seek treatment. whiplash is no joke. dun play play. send her to a doctor and be doubly sure that she is alright. you can decide if you wanna report to the police based on the diagnosis from the doctor's on the condition of your wife. remember to keep the receipt to claim the cost. of course, all these would have been different if the VIOS bugger had been drink driving la. for drink drinking, it is straight to the cops.

4. last but not least, like what i mentioned, the policy documents should have the contact details of the insurer and the workshops. try contacting them first. worse come to worse, contact the insurance agent who had sold you the policy.

hope the above helps. take care!

Rear parking sensor gone bonkers liao......but overall car still perfroming as per normal. ^_^

I didnt mentioned that Vios still move onto PIE towards tuas without FRONT CAR PLATE. [laugh] I think he heading home.

Was surprised his vios can still move. [laugh]

wow still can move?? amazing toyota lol hope he can drive meh? thought his view blocked?? abit hard to drive and dangerous

sonata is a heavier car n it was stationary loaded with occupants, so the lighter vios wasn't able to do more damage.

damage isnt about the weight of the car, more about the structure and strength of material. Anyway front crumple zone usually more deformable than the rear crumple zone, so for most cars, front damage will be much more than the rear.

he was trying to blame t on me.

he too didnt want to give mehis ic and driving license.

but i snapped a picture of him plus his company vehicle and that was all i needed.

plus in the end i sustained injury so still have to make police report

I believe where there is/are casualty(ies), it is considered major accident, and vehicles are not to be removed for police investigation. So it looks to me like the Vios driver not authorised driver/no valid Driving Licence/illegal immigrant. Hope you got these onto the accident report (it may helps)

i kena whiplash before same 2-hit combo effect ... no joke ... the nagging pain on the neck came only few days later and last for a month for me.

Can't lay down on my back when sleeping, must sleep sideway then the pain is slightly better. Think you better go hospital to check up and claim medical from him.

May help expedite recovery drinking soya bean milk daily, and not move head too much

ya i know. Sonata is a tough car.

Wify ever drove and kiss a toyota altis in front before. Not so loud bang as today's incident. But the altis bumper crack and partly dragging on the road, and bonnet cannot closed. Side fenders bend out. Our Sonata front on a small paint chip-off. haha.

Private settlement with the owner with $700 worth of repairs. Sonata repair none required. haha [laugh]

So in my record....its KOREA 2 JAPAN 0. haha

SCAP (Singapore Car Assessment Programme) to replace NCAP?

His particulars i occupied directly from his original pink ic. I think its still ok bah. He stay somewhere in bukit panjang..... [laugh]

After his car hit yours, why do you believe he got valid Driving Licence if he can not produce one on the spot? (suspicious to me). He stay Bukit Panjang got cemetry or not?

Most probably the car look right to the main road and wanna chiong traffic and didn't see u stopped there.. Still his fault anyway. Bring wifey see doc immediately, thats the most impt thing. Settlement 2nd.

the impact is :blink: anyway, aint license supposed to be carried at all times?

good thing no serious injuries... but yeah, better bring ur wife for check-up

-_-

You should use your camera phone take a photo of his IC. That is what my friend did when he was in a accident that the others party fault.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement