Vios (NCP42) problem

So_nice

i'm driving a fl06 vios and had some problems recently.

1. there is a werid vibrating sound coming from the left of the engine bay whenever i stop at the traffic lights with D engaged. not too sure wat happened. the car is about 87,000km now..

2. the suspension seems to be gone liao. somehow abit rocking like boat. juz wondering how much for a set of 4?

thx!

↡ Advertisement

At 87,000km, all this problems appear liao

watch out for your dry shaft oso, many frens

driving Altis and Vios got this problems.

Toyota is not like before.

Neutral Newbie

my 08 vios at 68k mileage now also dun really feel good. duno isit myself imagining things. feels like gt all kinds of sound from all around :wacko:

At 87,000km, all this problems appear liao

watch out for your dry shaft oso, many frens

driving Altis and Vios got this problems.

Toyota is not like before.

dry shaft?? :o my car only comes with a wet one :D its not the brand, but rather i believe these models are built in the land of smiles rather than in the land of the rising sun?

dry shaft?? :o my car only comes with a wet one :D its not the brand, but rather i believe these models are built in the land of smiles rather than in the land of the rising sun?

I reckon he meant drive shaft.

Nowadays cars are never built to last...be it Jap, Korean, German or wat not.

the factors to judge reliability nowadays is MTBF n how much does it cost to service n repair as well as next replacement of major parts.

Wet one, leaking, pai liao. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Sori I meant drive shaft.

i'm driving a fl06 vios and had some problems recently.

1. there is a werid vibrating sound coming from the left of the engine bay whenever i stop at the traffic lights with D engaged. not too sure wat happened. the car is about 87,000km now..

2. the suspension seems to be gone liao. somehow abit rocking like boat. juz wondering how much for a set of 4?

thx!

i heard that vios has a chronic engine mounting problem.

I HEARD

pls don't quote me or bash me.

i agreed these days the cars cannot make it. those old sch ae101, starlets were so much more lasting

those starlets were made in japan. if they can make the vios in japan, i think can last long long.....

but to be fair to toyota thailand, i think 80k is the time where parts start to wear off and spoil. thise type of things can happen to conti makes too

Neutral Newbie

Hi! I am also driving a Toyota Vios 02'. I bought this from a direct seller who is a bank employee. The mileage is only 16T but after 3 months, we heard a squeaking sound in the rear tire. Toyota said it was normal but how come its normal when there is some sound in the tires? Do anyone have the same problem as me?

fire magic outdoor grills ,swim spa

Neutral Newbie

Don't know why so many vios bashers around, maybe I'm the odd one out. Anyway all my friends who bought vios are happy with their rides.

Back to the question. Vios only has 3 engine mountings, should be less than $200. Shock absorbers 400 plus. How do I know? Because I've just changed mine recently. Shocks should last around 80k km, engine mounting depends, I changed mine at 160k.

Btw, my vios is already 7 years old and counting, 170k km done. Itching to change but crazy prices now :(

Don't know why so many vios bashers around, maybe I'm the odd one out. Anyway all my friends who bought vios are happy with their rides.

Back to the question. Vios only has 3 engine mountings, should be less than $200. Shock absorbers 400 plus. How do I know? Because I've just changed mine recently. Shocks should last around 80k km, engine mounting depends, I changed mine at 160k.

Btw, my vios is already 7 years old and counting, 170k km done. Itching to change but crazy prices now :(

I'm still happy with mine. 6 years 90k mileage. Serve me while with its good consumption and good pick-up

Hi! I am also driving a Toyota Vios 02'. I bought this from a direct seller who is a bank employee. The mileage is only 16T but after 3 months, we heard a squeaking sound in the rear tire. Toyota said it was normal but how come its normal when there is some sound in the tires? Do anyone have the same problem as me?

fire magic outdoor grills ,swim spa

02 got vios already?

bro, u r back!

those starlets were made in japan. if they can make the vios in japan, i think can last long long.....

but to be fair to toyota thailand, i think 80k is the time where parts start to wear off and spoil. thise type of things can happen to conti makes too

:ph34r:

↡ Advertisement