• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
105 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i'm driving a fl06 vios and had some problems recently.

1. there is a werid vibrating sound coming from the left of the engine bay whenever i stop at the traffic lights with D engaged. not too sure wat happened. the car is about 87,000km now..

2. the suspension seems to be gone liao. somehow abit rocking like boat. juz wondering how much for a set of 4?

thx!
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

Dlar2
  • Dlar2
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

1. check engine mounting

2. a set of 4 should cost around 600

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

KaKiLang
  • KaKiLang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

At 87,000km, all this problems appear liao
watch out for your dry shaft oso, many frens
driving Altis and Vios got this problems.

Toyota is not like before.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

Meepok87
  • Meepok87
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

my 08 vios at 68k mileage now also dun really feel good. duno isit myself imagining things. feels like gt all kinds of sound from all around wacko.gif

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

Zyrofillica
  • Premium member
    Zyrofillica
    6th Gear
    Author Image

At 87,000km, all this problems appear liao
watch out for your dry shaft oso, many frens
driving Altis and Vios got this problems.

Toyota is not like before.

dry shaft?? ohmy.gif my car only comes with a wet one biggrin.gif its not the brand, but rather i believe these models are built in the land of smiles rather than in the land of the rising sun?

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

dry shaft?? ohmy.gif my car only comes with a wet one biggrin.gif its not the brand, but rather i believe these models are built in the land of smiles rather than in the land of the rising sun?

I reckon he meant drive shaft.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

Sabretan
  • Premium member
    Sabretan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Nowadays cars are never built to last...be it Jap, Korean, German or wat not.

the factors to judge reliability nowadays is MTBF n how much does it cost to service n repair as well as next replacement of major parts.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

KaKiLang
  • KaKiLang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Wet one, leaking, pai liao. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sori I meant drive shaft.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i'm driving a fl06 vios and had some problems recently.

1. there is a werid vibrating sound coming from the left of the engine bay whenever i stop at the traffic lights with D engaged. not too sure wat happened. the car is about 87,000km now..

2. the suspension seems to be gone liao. somehow abit rocking like boat. juz wondering how much for a set of 4?

thx!

i heard that vios has a chronic engine mounting problem.

I HEARD

pls don't quote me or bash me.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

1. check engine mounting

2. a set of 4 should cost around 600

i was thinking along this line too..
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i agreed these days the cars cannot make it. those old sch ae101, starlets were so much more lasting
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

Picanto

i agreed these days the cars cannot make it. those old sch ae101, starlets were so much more lasting

those starlets were made in japan. if they can make the vios in japan, i think can last long long.....
but to be fair to toyota thailand, i think 80k is the time where parts start to wear off and spoil. thise type of things can happen to conti makes too

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

Renan
  • Renan
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi! I am also driving a Toyota Vios 02'. I bought this from a direct seller who is a bank employee. The mileage is only 16T but after 3 months, we heard a squeaking sound in the rear tire. Toyota said it was normal but how come its normal when there is some sound in the tires? Do anyone have the same problem as me?

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

Zze121
  • Zze121
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Toyota problem is quite direct n by changing parts will do. Not like other made, change n change n problem still there.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

Ry77
  • Ry77
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Don't know why so many vios bashers around, maybe I'm the odd one out. Anyway all my friends who bought vios are happy with their rides.

Back to the question. Vios only has 3 engine mountings, should be less than $200. Shock absorbers 400 plus. How do I know? Because I've just changed mine recently. Shocks should last around 80k km, engine mounting depends, I changed mine at 160k.

Btw, my vios is already 7 years old and counting, 170k km done. Itching to change but crazy prices now :(

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Don't know why so many vios bashers around, maybe I'm the odd one out. Anyway all my friends who bought vios are happy with their rides.

Back to the question. Vios only has 3 engine mountings, should be less than $200. Shock absorbers 400 plus. How do I know? Because I've just changed mine recently. Shocks should last around 80k km, engine mounting depends, I changed mine at 160k.

Btw, my vios is already 7 years old and counting, 170k km done. Itching to change but crazy prices now :(

I'm still happy with mine. 6 years 90k mileage. Serve me while with its good consumption and good pick-up

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi! I am also driving a Toyota Vios 02'. I bought this from a direct seller who is a bank employee. The mileage is only 16T but after 3 months, we heard a squeaking sound in the rear tire. Toyota said it was normal but how come its normal when there is some sound in the tires? Do anyone have the same problem as me?

02 got vios already?

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

bro, u r back!

those starlets were made in japan. if they can make the vios in japan, i think can last long long.....
but to be fair to toyota thailand, i think 80k is the time where parts start to wear off and spoil. thise type of things can happen to conti makes too

ph34r.gif
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    6th Gear
    Author Image

bro, i was quoted 300 for engine mountings, which i have not changed. but my car vibrates quite hard nowdays, where did you changed your mountings? wanna to check it out
every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

Dark_flan
  • Dark_flan
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

What's the estimated cost for changing stock suspension for whole vehicle. Heard from mechanic cost $400+ for all. Is it cheap? My front suspension has harden after many mileage 150k+ :P

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Vios, NCP42, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users