Glossy & lasting detailing for exterior rubber/plastic

Kiadaw

As topic, anyone have any good details products, method to give the exterior rubber/plastic on exterior, like the door seals, the black plastic holding the side mirror & the black plastic at the B pillars a glossy feel.

I tried those for interior plastic, but it worn out fast, & burry after rain.

Some of these are getting dull & got white-ish powdery look liao.

Edited by Kiadaw
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

To make it look like new again just use a normal eraser to rub over all the plastics. But if u want to protect it then have to use those trim dressing. I think meguiars has some.

Neutral Newbie

If they are black and have turned grey, normal dressing wouldn't help, you can use something like soft99 tire wax to make it black again. apply, wait 5 mins, buff. Used to be a trade secret.

Of course in a few months time Meguiars will launch a specific product for that purpose.

There are other products called something like 'black again' or 'always black' etc, can't remember.

As topic, anyone have any good details products, method to give the exterior rubber/plastic on exterior, like the door seals, the black plastic holding the side mirror & the black plastic at the B pillars a glossy feel.

I tried those for interior plastic, but it worn out fast, & burry after rain.

Some of these are getting dull & got white-ish powdery look liao.

Hi Bro Kiadaw..interior protectant may not last on exterior..area on the black plastic on side mirror..plastic right below the 2 wipers are flat black plastics..I do have something for this kinda of material..popular on euro van especially the bumper material but not glossy..produce a satin look..It is make for both flat black material and rubber trimming..can take a look if it suit your need..this 271 may not recover those that has turn whitish..

http://maddetailer.com/products.php?cat=Ru...Tire--Dressings

Neutral Newbie

TS I know exactly what you mean. In terms of those protectant, avoid those whitish/milky formulations they are water soluble and droops off into a weepy mess in rain very unsightly especially since my car has a fair bit of the black rubber trim. I am using meguiars one purplish transparent one. Very nice finish and a bit more resistant to rain. Not 100% though but way better.

Neutral Newbie

I am using Meguiars Gold Class Trim Detailer. I applied it to the rubber part next to the wind screen. I am generally not satisfied with the result. The main reason is that I need to apply it very time I wash the car to maintain the same black colour shine. This means once a week.

I would prefer something that can last longer such as a month. Does anyone come across a product with more lasting shine?

Btw, my rubber part is in bad condition since it is in gray colour if I don't apply anything.

Neutral Newbie

i read some detailing forums that say use peanut butter! Apparently that one lasts [:p] not come across any that can survive our rainy weather to date and i have tried majority of what's out there. [:(]

Neutral Newbie

Gtechniq C4 and DDJ Supernatural trim sealent.

the DDJ one is slightly on the glossier side, but still very durable.

Dont bother with Black Wow, got it the other time for USD$30 and it didnt last very long.

Neutral Newbie

Dont bother with Black Wow, got it the other time for USD$30 and it didnt last very long.

Great! I will try out one of them. May zi know what is the full name of the product? I am not familiar with DDJ. I suppose Gtechniq is just Gtechniq itself.

had used benny 271 on quite a lot of bikes with black plastic trims and got feedback during the rainy season that it can really last a good 2-3 weeks under rain or shine..... cars wise i not so sure........ cos bike black plastics and trims more obvious :) .... had tried on those with boxes too... effect is good :)

Damn, I was thinking of getting these.

Saw this video here.

Link:

Maybe I will try this. I like more glossy looks. [:p] Where got sell? Autobac?

Hi Bro Kiadaw..interior protectant may not last on exterior..area on the black plastic on side mirror..plastic right below the 2 wipers are flat black plastics..I do have something for this kinda of material..popular on euro van especially the bumper material but not glossy..produce a satin look..It is make for both flat black material and rubber trimming..can take a look if it suit your need..this 271 may not recover those that has turn whitish..

http://maddetailer.com/products.php?cat=Ru...Tire--Dressings

Thanks.

I will try thr glossy look first. If effect not good,. Maybe I try flat black products like you mention. [;)]

(edited)

Great! I will try out one of them. May zi know what is the full name of the product? I am not familiar with DDJ. I suppose Gtechniq is just Gtechniq itself.

I think DDJ is Dodo juice.

See link:Dodo Juice supernatural trim sealant

From the website:

I

Edited by Kiadaw
↡ Advertisement