VW Golf Owners

Sleepy-T

Twincharged

Hi All, I'm currently driving a Golf GT Sport 1.4 Tsi and currently having problems with my air con. The fan speed control lights all go totally off (air con stops working) halfway when driving. Happening more frequently recently.. When it is off, I am unable to turn it back on for unknown reasons. The only way to turn it back on is by restarting the engine.. Does anyone have this problem as well..? Already went to VAG and several workshops in SG and Msia but all could Not rectify or even diagnose what is the problem.. And is it common for the Golf mk5 to have outside air seeping to the interior of the car? Heard it is quite common for golfs even with the circulation button turned on.. Sorry a vw newbie here..

Record it down,show it to VAG,most likely the A/C Control unit gone,as for the fresh Air coming in,i think most German Car got this feature 20% fresh Air come in,this is to make sure,the Air in the  Interior,got enough Oxygen to keep the Driver fresh...

↡ Advertisement

Mechatronics is around 4K. Clutch pack is 2-3k. These are the 2 common parts to fail.

recommend to build a relationship with VCS if you are purchasing a second hand unit, if better, buy from das welt auto, at least you have some goodwill help if it breaks down.

Hi all,

Need help regarding year of manufacture. Just bought a new car through VW. Salesman told me that the model of the year was 2016. Car was registered last friday. Year of manufacture was 2015. Is there a possibility of this? How can I verify that the year of the car model is indeed 2016 given that SG doesn't really follow the VW standards as per their website.

What can I do about it? Not very happy buying a new car which been sitting in factory for 2 years.

Hi all,

Need help regarding year of manufacture. Just bought a new car through VW. Salesman told me that the model of the year was 2016. Car was registered last friday. Year of manufacture was 2015. Is there a possibility of this? How can I verify that the year of the car model is indeed 2016 given that SG doesn't really follow the VW standards as per their website.

What can I do about it? Not very happy buying a new car which been sitting in factory for 2 years.

What does it say in your sales contract?

Hi all,

Need help regarding year of manufacture. Just bought a new car through VW. Salesman told me that the model of the year was 2016. Car was registered last friday. Year of manufacture was 2015. Is there a possibility of this? How can I verify that the year of the car model is indeed 2016 given that SG doesn't really follow the VW standards as per their website.

I'm not trying to be harsh but how you define 'year of manufacture' may also affect your level of satisfaction.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Anyone would know a good workshop with reasonable prices to get my golf tested and repaired? (I am in the East)

I have 3 lights coming on intermittently on the dashboard. (steering/abs/esp). No impact whatsoever on the driving/handling of the car.

Thank you

Edited by Choubix

Hi guys,

Anyone would know a good workshop with reasonable prices to get my golf tested and repaired? (I am in the East)

I have 3 lights coming on intermittently on the dashboard. (steering/abs/esp). No impact whatsoever on the driving/handling of the car.

Thank you

Most likely the ABS pump is gone, you can go to Servo Autowerks look for Dennis. In the mean time, drive safe and avoid any hard braking.

Servo Autowerks Blk 8 Sin Ming Industrial Estate, Sector C, #01-50. 

Hi all,

Need help regarding year of manufacture. Just bought a new car through VW. Salesman told me that the model of the year was 2016. Car was registered last friday. Year of manufacture was 2015. Is there a possibility of this? How can I verify that the year of the car model is indeed 2016 given that SG doesn't really follow the VW standards as per their website.

Model year ≠ year of manufacture.

Model year usually starts around August of the preceding year. So MY16 cars would be produced from August 2015 to July 2016.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Most likely the ABS pump is gone, you can go to Servo Autowerks look for Dennis. In the mean time, drive safe and avoid any hard braking.

Servo Autowerks Blk 8 Sin Ming Industrial Estate, Sector C, #01-50. 

Hi,

Thanks for that Neski.

I went to see them. 

They seem to be dealing primarily with continental (VW/Audi).

The test returned "faulty speed sensors"  (which I changed last week... perhaps my oem parts no good)

i will follow up with them to troubleshoot the problem.

Hi,

Thanks for that Neski.

I went to see them. 

They seem to be dealing primarily with continental (VW/Audi).

The test returned "faulty speed sensors"  (which I changed last week... perhaps my oem parts no good)

i will follow up with them to troubleshoot the problem.

They are experience with VW/Audi, I changed my ABS pump with them awhile ago when my Golf throw up a “Brake Servo Defective" and it was a costly repair. I think faulty speed sensor is not too expensive to fix, do let them have a look.

Hi all,

I have a mk 7 golf 1.2 that came with a very basic radio set.

looking to upgrade to something that would have:

1) Bluetooth connectivity for calls and music

2) usb/sd card support and also can play flac and videos

3) compatible with the car's settings options and reverse cam options

4) optional: maps and navigation

I searched and it seems like blaupunkt EU has a perfect set for VWs but doesn't seem available in SG. any one here upgraded to something that works well?

Turbocharged

Model year â  year of manufacture.

Model year usually starts around August of the preceding year. So MY16 cars would be produced from August 2015 to July 2016.

Spot on: MY (Model Year) starts from around August.

MY is not Manufacturing Year.

Hi guys looking for some advice here. Have a Golf sportsvan 2015 model. My car didn’t come with Bluetooth speakerphone but was wondering if you know anyone who can install it directly to the headunit (alr speakerphone button on the steering ). Don’t really wanna add on a separate speakerphone like Jabra etc.

Hi guys, i'm a new VW golf mk6 driver... Currently i am using 205/55 R16 tyres, Continental premium contact 5 tyres, but i would like to change my tyres to something much more quieter and comfort.

I hope someone can kindly recommend me which brand and which model is better for comfort and quiet?

Hi all,

I have a mk 7 golf 1.2 that came with a very basic radio set.

looking to upgrade to something that would have:

1) Bluetooth connectivity for calls and music

2) usb/sd card support and also can play flac and videos

3) compatible with the car's settings options and reverse cam options

4) optional: maps and navigation

I searched and it seems like blaupunkt EU has a perfect set for VWs but doesn't seem available in SG. any one here upgraded to something that works well?

the plug and play for alpine is quite nice

↡ Advertisement