Malaysia: Driving into KL next week !

Alvinnoob

Sorry to disturb everyone

Qn1-- where do I get the touch/go cash card?

Qn 2 -- If get the touch/go cash card, how much I needed to top up to travel to KL and back to SG?

Qn 3 -- Is google map reliable to use to travel to KL?

Thank you

↡ Advertisement

Qn 2 -- If get the touch/go cash card, how much I needed to top up to travel to KL and back to SG?

Thank you

1. Touch and go can get last counter at at immigration

2. I top up 100rm is sufficient. But i always leave extra 50rm inside

3. Google map not sure but i used sygic quite reliable. Its an offline gps

KLIA and KLIA2 terminals are connected by the KLIA Express, ticket cost is RM2 and takes a few minutes.

Agreed with that, but the first day of implementation of VEP on July 16 introduces some uncertainty, decide to stay out of this initial period until things clear up.

Just to update i went in 18 july still no vep
  • Praise 1

1. Touch and go can get last counter at at immigration

2. I top up 100rm is sufficient. But i always leave extra 50rm inside

3. Google map not sure but i used sygic quite reliable. Its an offline gps

Just to update i went in 18 july still no vep

Thank you.

You mean RM100 +extra RM50 is enough to make a round trip (SG-KL-SG)?

How come sygic can use offline gps? I thought everything has to be real live, data roaming has to be on!!!

Turbocharged

Thank you

on the maps, I prefer Waze for travel in Msia as it has crowd-sourced info on road hazards, police activity and traffic situation. Will need an active 3G/4G data connection.

btw, for the Touch n Go, don't need to top up too much if you are not a frequent traveler. The card expires one year after the last use.  Rm150 is enough for causeway/2nd link tolls + NSHW toll.

• Praise 1

Thank you.

You mean RM100 +extra RM50 is enough to make a round trip (SG-KL-SG)?

How come sygic can use offline gps? I thought everything has to be real live, data roaming has to be on!!!

Yes some parking also use TnG, for example JPO. Rm150 is more than enough for KL trip. I even used to go genting and PD, still got leftover.

Sygic can use offline. I normally use my built in gps but sometimes cannot find cos map abit old so use sygic.

on the maps, I prefer Waze for travel in Msia as it has crowd-sourced info on road hazards, police activity and traffic situation. Will need an active 3G/4G data connection.

btw, for the Touch n Go, don't need to top up too much if you are not a frequent traveler. The card expires one year after the last use.  Rm150 is enough for causeway/2nd link tolls + NSHW toll.

Thank you for your advice.

Would like to know are we able to get back the balance money of the Touch n Go? If can, How?

can, but you will give up before you even begin to Q up.

TnG card is a money pit.

If no active usage after 1 year, they will continue to garnish admin fee from your card until kosong. It's another form of donations.

Would like to know are we able to get back the balance money of the Touch n Go? If can, How?

• Praise 1

can, but you will give up before you even begin to Q up.

TnG card is a money pit.

If no active usage after 1 year, they will continue to garnish admin fee from your card until kosong. It's another form of donations.

Thank you

The balance of TnG become the contribution to 1MBD.

• Praise 1

So much trouble, Why not just loan a T&G card from your friends?  especially if you are not going to be a frequent traveller.  Just top-up RM$150 and the excess give to your friend.

But that is if you have friends who are willing to leant you....

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Go to any TnG office. Got one just next to NSHW exit toward 2nd link.

yup and need to check the office hours.

but still need an active TnG card to leave the country (assuming self-drive)

the office u mentioned.. is it after the last toll booth when leaving Msia?

yup and need to check the office hours.

but still need an active TnG card to leave the country (assuming self-drive)

the office u mentioned.. is it after the last toll booth when leaving Msia?

I saw a 'few' TnG office ard toll booth area. Normally after the booth

Need some advice, is it faster (no jam) / safer (less traffic in Malaysia highway) to leave Sg around 4am or 5am for KL?

Normally i leave sg 10am plus then reach kl ard 1:30-2pm including one time toilet break. I just depart whenever i feel like to wake up. No need wake up too early end up cannot focus driving.

Normally no jam unless got traffic accident. Can maintain speed 140-160 easily. Need constant right signal and highbeam for smoother journey [sly]

Some car or trucks/bus may cut in so better high beam when u feel they swaying to right abit before entering ur lane.

leaving SG at that time usually no jam, but usually many trucks on the NSHW.

The stretch from Seremban to Sungei Besi will start to have heavy traffic from 7am or so, if it is Mon-Fri. Not sure abt Sat/Sun. This is due to people staying at the outskirts heading into KL for work. It gets massive jammed after the Sg Besi toll booth due to merging traffic.

driving at that time (darkness) is fun and I do enjoy it a lot, but need to watch for debris/pothole etc

its better to have good bright headlight as road very dark at night and lighting only have at town areas. In between no street light

Normally i leave sg 10am plus then reach kl ard 1:30-2pm including one time toilet break. I just depart whenever i feel like to wake up. No need wake up too early end up cannot focus driving.

Normally no jam unless got traffic accident. Can maintain speed 140-160 easily. Need constant right signal and highbeam for smoother journey [sly]

Some car or trucks/bus may cut in so better high beam when u feel they swaying to right abit before entering ur lane.

Sho bad one....so unfriendly to high beam and leave right signal on [:p]

Anyway, if you wanna high beam all the way, 140-160 too slow la.

160-180 is just about right [sly]

• Praise 4

Sho bad one....so unfriendly to high beam and leave right signal on [:p]

Anyway, if you wanna high beam all the way, 140-160 too slow la.

160-180 is just about right [sly]

Not high beam or right signal all the way only if got hogger or car intending to overtake.

160-180 can do but sometimes some bugger just change lane need brake hard. Don't want my passengers to wake up haha. If traffic empty or straight can go 200 plus.

But when theres alot tall plants at road divider, i drive only ard 120 in case got speed trap haha. Sometimes don't care just whack prepare 50rm

• Praise 1

crap i never knew that. [:|]

• Praise 1

Not high beam or right signal all the way only if got hogger or car intending to overtake.

160-180 can do but sometimes some bugger just change lane need brake hard. Don't want my passengers to wake up haha. If traffic empty or straight can go 200 plus.

But when theres alot tall plants at road divider, i drive only ard 120 in case got speed trap haha. Sometimes don't care just whack prepare 50rm

hahaha....anyway, just joking about the 160-180 speed.

I understand the temptation to use high beam cos' its quite frustrating when the trailers, trucks and siao coaches would still cum out onto lane 1 if I was doing the lower speeds (120-140) [sly]

drive safe la Bro

• Praise 1

hahaha....anyway, just joking about the 160-180 speed.

I understand the temptation to use high beam cos' its quite frustrating when the trailers, trucks and siao coaches would still cum out onto lane 1 if I was doing the lower speeds (120-140) [sly]

drive safe la Bro

Yes important to keep safe distance especially at high speed. Thats why from far i go high beam or leave my headlight on. But if traffic heavy or got hogger hog few cars then bo pian follow behind guai guai haha

crap i never knew that. [:|]

Same lol.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

that timing... the sun shining in from the right hand side... hot lah  :ph34r:

If I drive at that time, I put extra sunshades on the window.

↡ Advertisement