Performance Tyres/Tires must be quiet and comfortable?

Kelpie

to begin all , i am not driving any conti rides.

i used to enjoy comfort on my ride till i changed the following to pursue after performance.

exhaust

hardened engine/gearbox/pitchstop/differential mountings

harder polyurethane bushings

coilovers which are notorious for knocking coupled with f12kg r10kg springs

mechanical LSD

removed sound proof and inner panels.

and soon i gave up on the idea of comfort.so noise level and comfort from the tires doesnt do any difference anymore .

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

When I was reading tyres/tires review/feedback both in MCF and other websites, I realized that many drivers who opted for performance tyres are actually very concern about road noise and comfort. Tread wear is another thing but to lesser extent.

Aren't low profile and performance tyres supposedly to be noiser? So if we buy performance tires, they must also be quiet and comfortable?

Sometimes I wonder if this has something to do with the car insulation but apparently, these folks are driving some premium and supposedly heavy conti made who made the most "noise" [laugh].

What do you guys think?

Regards,

There are people more keen on cars that broke into two after crashing into lamppost/tree performance more often than others. Can share with us what you meant by performance tyres?

Do the majority of drivers on our roads ever take their driving to the extent where they can fully utilize all available grip? Tyre grip is one thing, driver skill is another, most of the time when people tell me their 'tyres no grip' I am often rather skeptical, because I believe it is more a function of their driving, eg improper/late braking, incorrect weight shifting, inappropriate gearing, lousy driving lines, etc than the actual tyre grip. [laugh]

Seriously, do cars like Altis need high spec tyres like the Potenza REs, CSC, PS3, F1 Asymm, Proxes, etc? <_<

You got the point. You are right. I believe you are better driver. Can share with them how to drive like you?

Do the majority of drivers on our roads ever take their driving to the extent where they can fully utilize all available grip? Tyre grip is one thing, driver skill is another, most of the time when people tell me their 'tyres no grip' I am often rather skeptical, because I believe it is more a function of their driving, eg improper/late braking, incorrect weight shifting, inappropriate gearing, lousy driving lines, etc than the actual tyre grip. [laugh]

Seriously, do cars like Altis need high spec tyres like the Potenza REs, CSC, PS3, F1 Asymm, Proxes, etc? <_<

IMHO is depends on what car you are driving and how good yr car's stock braking performance . If car is heavy + rear drum brake , even you have good skills also no use ( ever encounter lousy driver ? ) . Cos i believe when out driving , its not if you have good skills , its the road conditions or other drivers that will affect you .