• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
156 replies to this topic | 124 praises

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Mrkiasume
  • Mrkiasume
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone here owns a 2005 Sunny?? The 1 with the QG16DE engine.
Normally when you drive. How much do you rev to? like from a stop to say 70kph.
I normally hit around 3k.
was wondering if its my driving style or is my gearbox slipping??
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Versatile
  • Premium member
    Versatile
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

ask ken...
Hyundai Avante 1.6MT - Jan 2010 / Sept 2011
Suzuki Swift Sports 1.6MT - Sept 2011 - Present

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

Mrkiasume
  • Mrkiasume
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

who is ken? lol.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

You mean the engine at steady state 70km/hr is 3000rpm?

or you mean not matter how you step on the accelerator starting from rest to 70km/hr, the engine will not exceed 3000rpm?

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

Mrkiasume
  • Mrkiasume
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

nono. i mean like. for average driving. under normal acceleration. not heavy footed. whats the peak RPM a regular sunny reaches?
cos i see my friends vios, dunno got zhng and etc or not. but when accelerating roughly around side by side ( he told me, dunno real or not ). his rpm is around 2k+ only

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

for normal acceleration mine 2k ++

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

70kph should not exceed 3k.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

BoneStock
  • BoneStock
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone here owns a 2005 Sunny?? The 1 with the QG16DE engine.
Normally when you drive. How much do you rev to? like from a stop to say 70kph.
I normally hit around 3k.
was wondering if its my driving style or is my gearbox slipping??

auto or manual?

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If yours is an auto , check your overdrive button "on" or "off".

Believe is "on" mode.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

Mrkiasume
  • Mrkiasume
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

driving a sunny auto.

errm O/D is in ON mode leh. thats the default.
strange uh. like dunno why the rpm so high leh.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:40 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Ask Ken4555
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

BoneStock
  • BoneStock
    6th Gear
    Author Image

driving a sunny auto.

for 70kph my rpm is ~1.7k with torque convertor locked up

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

ask ken...

haha... you think Ken Expert ah...

==FEMALE ORGASM TIKO RANGER== because the gal MUST cum....

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ask Ken4555

Ken's Sunny is 5speed Manual... different from the hopeless 4speed auto... but the manual is kinda hopeless also anyways... maybe if there was a 6speed manual...

if stock ecu, open pod and free flow the exhaust abit, expect the low end to be terrible...

i believe the 2009 sunny onwards has a different ECU, so the FC and power band abit different...

3k rmp at 70km/h, for a 1600cc car, confirm something wrong... do take note that wheel size will also play an important role... i have seen sunny's with 195/50/15... confirm RMP will be higher than normal cause orignal size of wheel should be 185/65/15....

even old school vtecs which can rev to 10k... @ 100km/h for a EF CRX/EF civic/EG/Concerto (all 1.6) rmp is around 3k...

Mit colt (1.5) auto 6speed is about 2k rmp at top gear /h... but i doubt the speedo's accurracy...

pls have your sunny checked by a ws...

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

driving a sunny auto.

i thought default if off? when on or off is lower rmp?

if you on and its 3k, then off should be lower mah... if off higher something wrong liao...

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

BoneStock
  • BoneStock
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i thought default if off? when on or off is lower rmp?

if you on and its 3k, then off should be lower mah... if off higher something wrong liao...

default should be on.

OD on = OD light is off
OD off = OD light is on.

The light on the dash say "OD OFF"

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

default should be on.

OD on = OD light is off
OD off = OD light is on.

The light on the dash say "OD OFF"

tats what i meant.... smile.gif

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

Mrkiasume
  • Mrkiasume
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

BoneStock. what do you mean by having your torque converter locked?

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

Nickliw
  • Nickliw
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

To tag along this thread, i drive an 2006 sunny auto, when driving off from rest, the car will jerk during change of first gear.. Is this normal for the rest of sunny drivers ?

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

BoneStock
  • BoneStock
    6th Gear
    Author Image

BoneStock. what do you mean by having your torque converter locked?

Most jap cars have a device between the engine and the gearbox called torque convertor. it simply transfer the torque from the engine to the gearbox to the drive shafts and finally to the wheels.

The are 2 "fans" in the torque convertor facing each other....one connected to engine the other to teh gearbox...when one is turned by the engine the other will follow suit but at a slower speed because of slippage. This happens when you drive in the city when the speeds are low. When you cruise on highway in the top gear the torque convertor will lock up thus improving teh efficiency of your ride....now the 2 fans spin at the same speed

hope this helps.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Nissan, Sunny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users