The fight against loansharks

Sgnick

UPdate...tried calling them and talk nicely already..unfortunately almost all of them not willing to comply with my suggestion to schedule a slower repayment scheme..sigh...i think i really no choice liao.

take a personal loan from a bank and clear 1 shot?

at least u owe bank better than owe loanshark

↡ Advertisement

take a personal loan from a bank and clear 1 shot?

at least u owe bank better than owe loanshark

tried already..but they dont approve because i only started working in my current job for less than 6 months.

tried already..but they dont approve because i only started working in my current job for less than 6 months.

got anything as colleteral?

or any family members as guarantor?

Nah, then you have too many bankrupts around. At least the loan shark cannot bankrupt you directly. That's why I consider them doing a service to community. [laugh]

bankrupt= they deserve.

why u pity them?

no..trust me..if theres any other sources of $$ i can get i already get it liao..

family members be your guarantor no need $$$ what.

just as long as u pay back the bank, u are fine.

family members be your guarantor no need $$$ what.

just as long as u pay back the bank, u are fine.

hard to explain..but it is just me alone now.. no family member can help me.

no..trust me..if theres any other sources of $$ i can get i already get it liao..

Just lodge a report with police lah... that also teach you a lesson not to be hero and lent your IC. Loansharks don't "recognize" who the borrower is. They only "recognize" the IC and the address behind it.

My frd's neighbour was a former borrower. That neighbour claimed to have paid up the loan but the sharks continued to harrass him. They even managed to track him down to his new house and splash paint on the main door. They were so bold that to even strike at 6 pm in the evening when there's human traffic and not even the CCTV outside the house can deter them.

Just lodge a report with police lah... that also teach you a lesson not to be hero and lent your IC. Loansharks don't "recognize" who the borrower is. They only "recognize" the IC and the address behind it.

My frd's neighbour was a former borrower. That neighbour claimed to have paid up the loan but the sharks continued to harrass him. They even managed to track him down to his new house and splash paint on the main door. They were so bold that to even strike at 6 pm in the evening when there's human traffic and not even the CCTV outside the house can deter them.

bro, report police also must wait until they do their art on my house then i can do. if not not much the police can do also (actually not much the police can do at all)

Perhaps u too soft so dey tink can threaten u more.

Just let dem knw tat it is nt u dun wan to repay but how to given e shortness of time u started work. It is no point forcing u (mayb dey wan to recruit u as runner....pls dun fall deeper into s--t by takg up this "offer"....a jail record + rattan nt worth yr future.)

It is $ dey wan.....repay $XX amt first instead of $XXX dey demanded and say e rest when nxt payday. Dun give up atm card or u will eat air throughout yr workg life till debt settled. Worse come to worse, let dem take "action" den report police, more to protect yr family too.

Perhaps u can also consider getting a part time job to tide u over for awhile. Tat is if u are nt seriously half dead frm yr full time job.

Meanwhile, look for yr gd "fren".....and make him repay e debt. $6k + will take sometime to clear but it can be cleared if u make regular paymt. I remembered reading abt some counsellors hotline whom u may consider calling.....dey actually act as "laision" or "middlemen" between u and e sharks. Worth a try if u too newbie to handle e sharks.

Sorry......but such is life.....sucks to hv a fren like tat......am sure u will learn yr lesson....e hard way.

• Praise 1

loan sharks wont exist if banks or LEGAL financial companies lend as freely as the loan sharks.

That is not going to work. What you need is a micro financing scheme to supplant the need for loansharks.

Perhaps u too soft so dey tink can threaten u more.

Just let dem knw tat it is nt u dun wan to repay but how to given e shortness of time u started work. It is no point forcing u (mayb dey wan to recruit u as runner....pls dun fall deeper into s--t by takg up this "offer"....a jail record + rattan nt worth yr future.)

It is $ dey wan.....repay $XX amt first instead of $XXX dey demanded and say e rest when nxt payday. Dun give up atm card or u will eat air throughout yr workg life till debt settled. Worse come to worse, let dem take "action" den report police, more to protect yr family too.

Perhaps u can also consider getting a part time job to tide u over for awhile. Tat is if u are nt seriously half dead frm yr full time job.

Meanwhile, look for yr gd "fren".....and make him repay e debt. $6k + will take sometime to clear but it can be cleared if u make regular paymt. I remembered reading abt some counsellors hotline whom u may consider calling.....dey actually act as "laision" or "middlemen" between u and e sharks. Worth a try if u too newbie to handle e sharks.

Sorry......but such is life.....sucks to hv a fren like tat......am sure u will learn yr lesson....e hard way.

hi bro..thanks for all the advise. managed to negotiate payment with 2 of them but got another 2-3 still playing hard ball.

as for my "friend", i dont think possible to make him pay already..if he has the will to pay he wont run road..

as for the middlemen thing..i only know there are loansharks hotline but do they really help mediate things between you and them ?

Supercharged

The secret societies were weeded out more easily because they no longer serve any purpose to the community. The community find it cheaper to pay the government for protection (see Paikia, official) instead of groups of rowdy men with tattoos. They are still around much but without financially viable operations, they tend to stay quiet. Paikias need to pay rental too.

Loan sharks are providing aa form of social services to the general population. They cover the area where banks and financial institutions are not able to serve effectively due to MAS's regulations. Who else would lend money to a guy who is broke with no collateral? Interest rates are high due to demand and the high rate of default, resulting in costly operations to recover the debt. It is the demand that keeps the loan sharks in business. This trade will never be wiped out as long as people are willing to borrow money.

The secret societies haven't been completely wiped out yet. Still have a few pockets of them around, but they are as powerful as before liao. Now come out those youth gangs even more headache!

Loansharks is right to collect money from the borrower. But only collect from the borrower, and not other innocent party, like the new home owner. This is simple business ethics.

Supercharged

as for the middlemen thing..i only know there are loansharks hotline but do they really help mediate things between you and them ?

I have read somewhere these middlemen can help, and they have successful stories to back up their claims. They have their ways to talk to the loansharks. Call these hotline to ask. Who knows they can be of some help. No harm trying mah....!

Multiple debts w a few sharks? Tat is tough but glad at least u managed to neg with 2 of dem.

E counsellors act as mediator to talk with e sharks....I will try to get e number + post here later but remembered it can also b found in New Paper too. Free service so no charges to burden u further.

E sharks just wan $ back + interest.....u just focus on repaying those who agreed to yr suggestion and dun b rash to try luck with quick cash schemes. Nt worth e risk when debt CAN be cleared, given time.

Haizzz.....frens....must chose dem carefully.

• Praise 1