'Foreign' doesn't always mean 'talent'

Latka

With Petition can ???? then can have referendum ??? Will the judges open the file under "such pressure" or back by popular demand..... will it work??? Citizen lobbying .... does it work in Singapore

I hope some good comes out out of this Petition..... maybe AWARE or some NGO can take action

I hope so.  Without the written judgment, we won't know what were DPP Lai's arguments and defense counsel Tan's rebuttals.  [smallcry]  

I wish Robinson a nice trip downstairs. [bounce1]

Supercharged

I agreed with what she said ... is our law / court used to protect the people or just to control the people.   <_<

i tot its obvious. go figure eh?  [;)]

• Praise 4

Supercharged

dont know lel ......... 69% of them cant see it .  :XD:

[smash]  the laws got nothing to do with which party is leading the current G. 

unless the next party can promise a revision of the current laws to reflect a more modern SG, whom ever gets voted in, we are still bounded by the somewhat archaic laws that are currently in place.  [;)]

Turbocharged
(edited)

[smash]  the laws got nothing to do with which party is leading the current G. 

unless the next party can promise a revision of the current laws to reflect a more modern SG, whom ever gets voted in, we are still bounded by the somewhat archaic laws that are currently in place.  [;)]

Quite the opposite my friend, in fact many new laws were written by Parliament, including the recent contempt of court laws.

PAP clearly dominates the Parliament and Executive, both of which have roles to sign new laws and adminster them.

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

wow... and they slap him with only 4 years.

looks like driving and getting into an accident is more dangerous than this deviant-in-the-image-of-a-man who assaults underaged girls with intent!

• Praise 1

my dear brothers,

i have never ask any favours before.

but today , i sincerely hope that everyone would signed the petition.

in my own opinion, this guy wont change even when he gets out of prison. he would just shift to another country and same abuse would resume , and some other child would suffer under him.

we need to send a clear and loud message that singapore would do all it can to protect the weak and vulnerable, especially children.

post-131345-0-51150100-1488800909.jpg

please support their petition , cos the next victim might be someone you know

• Praise 11

who are they petitioning to again??? the court?  you don't "petition" a court of law, at least not in this way.  it goes against the very idea of the judiciary.  

You can't petition the DPP or Police to do any more either as the case is closed, or res judicata.  You can petition K Shanmugam to make the laws more severe but laws can't be applied retrospectively.   And the sentencing is probably what the DPP asked for so can't appeal that.  

might as well petition the prison big bosses to do something glorious, better chance of something happening... 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

my dear brothers,

i have never ask any favours before.

but today , i sincerely hope that everyone would signed the petition.

in my own opinion, this guy wont change even when he gets out of prison. he would just shift to another country and same abuse would resume , and some other child would suffer under him.

we need to send a clear and loud message that singapore would do all it can to protect the weak and vulnerable, especially children.

attachicon.gif1.1.jpg

please support their petition , cos the next victim might be someone you know

It's very sad.

More than 20 years ago, Michael Fay, a US citizen, vandalised our property, was convicted just for vandalism, jailed and given six strokes of cane, despite huge displeasure from the then US President.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

Now this guy can escape with just 4 years of jail from a more serious crime.

What happened to our country? 

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

who are they petitioning to again??? the court? you don't "petition" a court of law, at least not in this way. it goes against the very idea of the judiciary.

You can't petition the DPP or Police to do any more either as the case is closed, or res judicata. You can petition K Shanmugam to make the laws more severe but laws can't be applied retrospectively. And the sentencing is probably what the DPP asked for so can't appeal that.

might as well petition the prison big bosses to do something glorious, better chance of something happening...

Something like this in hope...

http://news4ktla.com/child-pedophile-attacked

• Praise 3

It's very sad.

More than 20 years ago, Michael Fay, a US citizen, vandalised our property, was convicted just for vandalism, jailed and given six strokes of cane, despite huge displeasure from the then US President.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

Now this guy can escape with just 4 years of jail from a more serious crime.

What happened to our country?

Boss,

Fay vandalised ah gong property

This Robinson crappie rape young children

Conclusion...ah gong property more precious than citizens

• Praise 7

Turbocharged
(edited)

Come on Bro.... how can you all like that..... don't jail the fella... I say, don't cane the fella even........ 

This type of marther farker KNLBLBLBCCB should be sentence to hang and castrate... period!!!! Pui...

That's why I don't petition.... cause doubt they will do that to him.... which is what he truly deserve!!!!

Edited by Nlatio
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2