Altis 05 Auto Engine Mounting kaput...

Stonesix

Anyone change their engine mounting before?

What is the damage?

I called a few workshop, the price is in the range of $400 ~ $500.

What is buy parts here and fix them in JB?

If yes, which workshop in JB offer good workmanship?

Thanks all sifus...

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Changing of engine mounting quite troublesome, so i guess price range should be at least $400 to $500.

I am driving VIOS 05' model and recently change all the 3 engine mounting cos of increase vibration.

Bought the original Toyota Parts from Ric Tat and replaced them at Hawke Tire Taman Sentosa, the one just behind shell station. Takes 2 hours and am please with their service. Remember to ask them do a alignment also.

Cannnot remember the prices but all-in-all you should be able to save about 40% compare to if you do it in Singapore. [pirate]

Supersonic

I am driving VIOS 05' model and recently change all the 3 engine mounting cos of increase vibration.

Bought the original Toyota Parts from Ric Tat and replaced them at Hawke Tire Taman Sentosa, the one just behind shell station. Takes 2 hours and am please with their service. Remember to ask them do a alignment also.

Cannnot remember the prices but all-in-all you should be able to save about 40% compare to if you do it in Singapore. [pirate]

How come u need to do alignment for mounting replacement? [:/]

Neutral Newbie

mounting wear out faster when u attack corners at great speeds, so , if you want your mounting to last, try not to turn corners at high speeds , although the trill of the g force is shiok but aint worth the price

How come u need to do alignment for mounting replacement? [:/]

My alignment was out after the replacement of the engine mount. So I guess the camber may have been 'disturbed' during the engine mounting replacement.

Turbocharged

mounting wear out faster when u attack corners at great speeds, so , if you want your mounting to last, try not to turn corners at high speeds , although the trill of the g force is shiok but aint worth the price

And also if your suspension is hard. If your teeth rattle, so will your mountings.

one mechanic told me that if you hold on to 'D' at traffic light, the mounting will damage quicker as the engine pushing on it..and normally the front and back will damage first compare to 2 at the sides.

so he recommend to put to "N"...

anyone heard about this?

one mechanic told me that if you hold on to 'D' at traffic light, the mounting will damage quicker as the engine pushing on it..and normally the front and back will damage first compare to 2 at the sides.

anyone heard about this?

its true. but btw gearbox and mountings, ill choose to save the gearbox cos mountings are cheaper to replace! :D

Supersonic

My alignment was out after the replacement of the engine mount. So I guess the camber may have been 'disturbed' during the engine mounting replacement.

U mean your tyre alignment is out while replacing the engine mount? [:/] So roughly how much u paid for the service in JB?

Supersonic
(edited)

Mounting wearing is due to high speed corners??? [confused] I didn't know abt this? [laugh] So when mounting wear off, vibration can be felt when the car slow down tht time or when you acclerate the car? [:/]

Edited by 13177

Mounting wearing is due to high speed corners??? [confused] I didn't know abt this? [laugh] So when mounting wear off, vibration can be felt when the car slow down tht time or when you acclerate the car? [:/]

You will feel it when the car is at stationary with engine running. When the car is running, you won't felt much of the vibration.

thanks for your sharing. I would be probably do the same, buy parts here and fix in JB.

Boostzone quote me RM110 for labor. Btw if any ws in Sg can quote me $80 or lower, I would have it fix here...

Neutral Newbie

Stamford qoute me 800++ for my mit lancer last wk....anyone of the same car chg b4?? Is the price ok??

Supersonic

thanks for your sharing. I would be probably do the same, buy parts here and fix in JB.

Boostzone quote me RM110 for labor. Btw if any ws in Sg can quote me $80 or lower, I would have it fix here...

Labour charges only RM110 if change in JB!? And it only abt S$45! Such a great difference btw JB & SG! But many pple said risky to do it in JB, cause anything happen or problem, difficult to trace.

anyone heard about this?

So that he can make money out of your gear box repairs. [dizzy]

alignement out? the mechs screwed up lar......how can it be out?

↡ Advertisement