Altis 05 Auto Engine Mounting kaput...

Stonesix

So that he can make money out of your gear box repairs. [dizzy]

between motor mount and gearbox I would choose to save gearbox in any day.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

one mechanic told me that if you hold on to 'D' at traffic light, the mounting will damage quicker as the engine pushing on it..and normally the front and back will damage first compare to 2 at the sides.

so he recommend to put to "N"...

anyone heard about this?

Don't quite understand how the engine can be "pushing" on engine mounts when 'D' gear at stop. The engine is always stationary, the only thing "pushing" is the engine output towards the wheels, which are then held in place by brakes, difference between 'D' and 'N' is only whether power is channelled to wheels, no?

(edited)

Stamford qoute me 800++ for my mit lancer last wk....anyone of the same car chg b4?? Is the price ok??

i suggest you buy your own parts and ask ws to fix for you...much much cheaper...

i just got my parts from connald at tagore lane...for $190+GST for 4pcs mounts.

labour cost of the ws recommended by connald is about $95...byw, mine is altis, so I don't think mitsu lancer will be much different.

Edited by Stonesix

Anyone change their engine mounting before?

What is the damage?

I called a few workshop, the price is in the range of $400 ~ $500.

What is buy parts here and fix them in JB?

If yes, which workshop in JB offer good workmanship?

Thanks all sifus...

Expensive if just 1 mounting

Change the engine mounting myself ( 2-3 hours )

$220 for mount

(edited)

Expensive if just 1 mounting

Change the engine mounting myself ( 2-3 hours )

$220 for mount

All 4pcs.

wah...you 'kiang' ah...how to change yourself?

what are the tools needed?

Edited by Stonesix

All 4pcs.

wah...you 'kiang' ah...how to change yourself?

what are the tools needed?

Firstly jack up both front wheels and put on timber ( safety first)

Then put another jack below the engine oil sump - remember to place another timber in between jack and engine

Socket No. 14, 17 and 19 ( all 6 pts) or you will round off the nut.

And of course a ratchet to make the work easier.

Believe me, it looks difficult but its not.( patience is the key )

My ride - Honda Civic 1.8 A

My alignment was out after the replacement of the engine mount. So I guess the camber may have been 'disturbed' during the engine mounting replacement.

Change engine mounting sud not affect your alignment.

Maybe that ws in JB screw up the job.

I usually buy original parts N get my ws to change in SG. Cheap n good. Much better than letting those trainee mechs at agent n big ws use yr car fr training session n end up ty screw up other things in yr car.

one mechanic told me that if you hold on to 'D' at traffic light, the mounting will damage quicker as the engine pushing on it..and normally the front and back will damage first compare to 2 at the sides.

so he recommend to put to "N"...

anyone heard about this?

This is the biggest load of rubbish I ever heard. Changing auto gear often wil cause solenoid switches in autobox to fail faster.

Auto N even manual car, u sud always leave it in "D" or in gear when u stop at traffic lights N step on e brake.

I think u sud start looking fr a new mechanic.

Supersonic

Change engine mounting sud not affect your alignment.

Maybe that ws in JB screw up the job.

I usually buy original parts N get my ws to change in SG. Cheap n good. Much better than letting those trainee mechs at agent n big ws use yr car fr training session n end up ty screw up other things in yr car.

Changing any major replacement on car, like mounting or timing belt etc, confirm must get some trusted mechanic that you know, if not later got problem.

You will feel it when the car is at stationary with engine running. When the car is running, you won't felt much of the vibration.

I think e mechs u go to r having a good time conning u.

Maybe u youngster n dont know much abt cars N ty see its easy to BS u. [rolleyes]

Labour charges only RM110 if change in JB!? And it only abt S$45! Such a great difference btw JB & SG! But many pple said risky to do it in JB, cause anything happen or problem, difficult to trace.

Not only that.

Most of e inexperienced mechs in JB cannot make it to SG so ty try to get a little experience in JB fr low pay n then later wil try to get job in SG fr higher pay.

This means most JB mechs r even less competent than those incompetent trainee mechs here. [speechless]

Firstly jack up both front wheels and put on timber ( safety first)

Then put another jack below the engine oil sump - remember to place another timber in between jack and engine

Socket No. 14, 17 and 19 ( all 6 pts) or you will round off the nut.

And of course a ratchet to make the work easier.

Believe me, it looks difficult but its not.( patience is the key )

My ride - Honda Civic 1.8 A

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Not only that.

Most of e inexperienced mechs in JB cannot make it to SG so ty try to get a little experience in JB fr low pay n then later wil try to get job in SG fr higher pay.

This means most JB mechs r even less competent than those incompetent trainee mechs here. [speechless]

emm...word of wisdom.....

i can see the logic...thanks

U mean your tyre alignment is out while replacing the engine mount? [:/] So roughly how much u paid for the service in JB?

Sorry I really forgot how much is it. I remembered labour cost itself is 1/2 or more cheaper than doing in Singapore WS. Anyway different car have diffrent price cos number of mounting is different and the effort to replace different model of car varies. If you really interested can always call them to give u a quote. Their no is 07-3446276.

↡ Advertisement