Lexus vs Infiniti

Taciturn

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Infiniti,the luxury brand of Nissan,will be available in the second half of the year.Will it overtake Lexus in sales here?

Visit My Website

Edited by Taciturn
↡ Advertisement

So, who is next to bring in Acura into Singapore.

There is this saying in USA ...

Lexus ........ overprice TOYOTA

Infinity >>> overprice NISSAN

Acura ------- overprice HONDA

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Frankly,I do not like both brands.I rather get a Ford,Opel or Volvo.

I think these Conti models offer better driving and arguably more prestige than the Jap premium cars.

Edited by Taciturn

(edited)

Frankly,I do not like both brands.I rather get a Ford,Opel or Volvo.

I think these Conti models offer better driving and arguably more prestige than the Jap premium cars.

Aren't the 3 brand you comment above are interrelated somehow?

Edited by Axela72

I can understand Toyota bring Lexus to Singapore because Toyota sales is always very good

But Nissan ? their sales is unlikely good , i don't think infiniti can be sucessful in singapore ...

I can understand Toyota bring Lexus to Singapore because Toyota sales is always very good

But Nissan ? their sales is unlikely good , i don't think infiniti can be sucessful in singapore ...

That's why its run by Wearnes, not Tan Chong.

Neutral Newbie

Yes. They neither offer prestige nor 'better' driving. [laugh]

Being Conti makes,they are more upmarket than the Jap manufacturers.

Ford Mondeo is lauded by critics eg Topgear for its engaging drive.

Neutral Newbie

Aren't the 3 brand you comment above are interrelated somehow?

Volvo used to be under Ford but now sold to Geely.Opel is a brand under GM Motors.

Anyway i feel these 3 Conti makes are slightly more prestigious but more expensive alternatives to Lexus and Infiniti.

Volvo used to be under Ford but now sold to Geely.Opel is a brand under GM Motors.

Anyway i feel these 3 Conti makes are slightly more prestigious but more expensive alternatives to Lexus and Infiniti.

Think you're confused.. Ford and Opel both compete in different markets from Lexus and Infiniti. However, I would agree that Ford and Opel offer better driving pleasure than Lexus and Infiniti.

Neutral Newbie

Think you're confused.. Ford and Opel both compete in different markets from Lexus and Infiniti. However, I would agree that Ford and Opel offer better driving pleasure than Lexus and Infiniti.

Between IS250 and Opel Insignia which are priced almost similarly (<180k), I will get the Opel.

Between IS250 and Opel Insignia which are priced almost similarly (<180k), I will get the Opel.

me too

Think this is a whole different model from BM's Toyota and Lexus dealership. Nissan may be trying something new by not associating the Infiniti brand with its mass market model through Tan Chong, hence the appointment of Wearnes as its distributor. Wearnes has also an excellent reputation in Singapore for its range of exclusive brands which comes along with that exclusive network of customers which I believe are the two critical factors for Infiniti's choice of distributor. Coupled with the current economic conditions which favour the premium tier of customers, this may prove to be an excellent time for Infiniti's launch.

Think this is a whole different model from BM's Toyota and Lexus dealership. Nissan may be trying something new by not associating the Infiniti brand with its mass market model through Tan Chong, hence the appointment of Wearnes as its distributor. Wearnes has also an excellent reputation in Singapore for its range of exclusive brands which comes along with that exclusive network of customers which I believe are the two critical factors for Infiniti's choice of distributor. Coupled with the current economic conditions which favour the premium tier of customers, this may prove to be an excellent time for Infiniti's launch.

more likely.... current COE conditions...

At 180k, why not get the Passat CC?

I will get the Insignia too. No question about that. But, to the average consumer out there who can fork out 180k, Opel will never be in their shopping list.

↡ Advertisement