Lexus vs Infiniti

Taciturn

Neutral Newbie

At 180k, why not get the Passat CC?

Opel Insignia by virtue of its slightly more spacious rear and numerous accolades.

I heard Ecoboost Mondeo will be launched soon this month.i will go down to Regent Motors to test-drive it when it is available.Mondeo offers the best combination of handling and space among CC,Insignia etc.

↡ Advertisement

I will get the Insignia too. No question about that. But, to the average consumer out there who can fork out 180k, Opel will never be in their shopping list.

At 180k, stretch a bit further and you'll be able to reach the Ultimate 3 Contis.

I have seen people, upon buying their 3er, C or A4, behave like they reach nirvana.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I will get the Insignia too. No question about that. But, to the average consumer out there who can fork out 180k, Opel will never be in their shopping list.

They will pay 20k plus more for A4,C Class and 3 series.Too common.These 3 German models are the benchmark for young professional yuppies.

Edited by Taciturn

(edited)

They will pay 20k plus more for A4,C Class and 3 series.These 3 German models are the benchmark for young professional yuppies.

Well, you can't fault such consumers because the reality is that their branding is much stronger than Opel's. People buy cars for so many kinds of reasons. Driving pleasure is definitely not on the top of the list. My bets are on prestige and branding. :D Reason is, most people would rather pay for a high end conti brand to get the lowest end model, rather than get a high end model from a lower end conti brand.

Edited by Jetabout777

(edited)

Well, you can't fault such consumers because the reality is that their branding is much stronger than Opel's. People buy cars for so many kinds of reasons. Driving pleasure is definitely not on the top of the list. My bets are on prestige and branding. :D Reason is, most people would rather pay for a high end conti brand to get the lowest end model, rather than get a high end model from a lower end conti brand.

To be fair, the 320i has very good driving dynamics.

In fact, most BMWs have good driving dynamics. 'Ultimate driving machine', afterall..

Edited by Nightsky

Neutral Newbie

This also explains why I see so many new 5 series on the road.Badge slaves.

Between Passat CC,Insignia and Ecoboost Mondeo, which is your choice?

5-Series is no more enough for badge slaves. It's now the job of the 7.

Insignia. Think at 170+ with 35k omv, it is quite a good buy. Has great performance and built as well. It looks the best to me in all angles as well, although some may say that the CC looks best, but I have scrutinized the CC and in some angles, it looks kind of bulky like the Mondeo (especially in 4 door version).

Insignia. Think at 170+ with 35k omv, it is quite a good buy. Has great performance and built as well. It looks the best to me in all angles as well, although some may say that the CC looks best, but I have scrutinized the CC and in some angles, it looks kind of bulky like the Mondeo (especially in 4 door version).

Does the interior of the Insignia not feel like a spec-ed up Cruze?

(edited)

Does the interior of the Insignia not feel like a spec-ed up Cruze?

Yea, it does look similar in some ways like the vertical vents, steering wheel and gear shift. The new Saab 9-5 also shares certain design cues with its other ex-GM siblings like the Insiginia and Cruze. I guess that's part and parcel of globalisation and cost-cutting. But I am quite sure the built quality is very different given the difference in market these 2 cars are serving.

Edited by Jetabout777

close call between the CC and insignia. but eventually CC will edge it out for me.

CC should have sleeker looks, 2.0TSI performance better than insignia 2L TC engine. resale value also better, perceived branding in singaporeans' mind is also better.

insignia i feel its too tamed.

if i only have 180k to spend, unable to stretch any further, i will look at these cars.. rather than low end trim levels of merc c180, bmw 318 etc. even at this level, audi a4 1.8T wins c180 and bmw 318 for me.

Neutral Newbie

close call between the CC and insignia. but eventually CC will edge it out for me.

CC should have sleeker looks, 2.0TSI performance better than insignia 2L TC engine. resale value also better, perceived branding in singaporeans' mind is also better.

if i only have 180k to spend, unable to stretch any further, i will look at these cars.. rather than low end trim levels of merc c180, bmw 318 etc. even at this level, audi a4 1.8T wins c180 and bmw 318 for me.

I still think Mondeo has the road presence albeit a little bulky in some angles.

I hope the new 2012/2013 Saab 9-3 will provide some wonderful surprises in design and performance.

At 180k, I believe you can only compare the Insignia with the 1.8TSI CC. I don't know about a real life situation, but using paper spec, the Insignia's performance is better than the CC 2.0TSI.

I can understand Toyota bring Lexus to Singapore because Toyota sales is always very good

But Nissan ? their sales is unlikely good , i don't think infiniti can be sucessful in singapore ...

I think still can make some profits lah....but its not going to outsell the lexus.

↡ Advertisement