Is it Necessary to go workshop before going VICOM inspection

Lala81

Neutral Newbie

If yr workshop can help u send inspection after servicing lagi best, cfm PASSED. Like my working place there, WS next to inspection ctr. [;)]

Very true! with one proviso that they don't charge for it. :D

↡ Advertisement

Need to go vicom inspection - 1st one. Car abt to reach 3yrs old.

Sorry, me 1st timer to inspection [laugh]

Do most of you service before going for vicom inspection?

Given that my car has no issues and its still within 3 yrs.

Not necessary if your car is stock in accordance with factory specification.

LTA website has a list of legal and illegal modifications. This would be relevant if your car is not stock.

Yup. Was a Corona CD auto. I kept it in very good condition. Those cars were damm solid. [thumbsup]

Now cannot find such solid cars anymore. I regret selling it off. I sud hv kept it n renew COE. Easily last another 10 years. Maybe even more.

I can do 160kmh on NSH n no vibrations at all. Damm smooth n stable. [thumbsup]

Why you didn't renew your COE for your Corona then? [:p]

Why you didn't renew your COE for your Corona then? [:p]

Abt 3 years ago gharmen announce ty going to reduce COEs so u know what that means, right. Many sillyporeans wil quickly go n bid fr COE n the price wil shoot up.

So b4 the COE increase, I change car otherwise I dont think its worth to renew a 20 year old COE car for >$30-$40K for a stupid COE.

Otherwise I wil still b driving my "Old Faithful" Corona. :wub:[inlove]

Unfortunately when the actual time came to renew its COE, our economy was bad n COEs dropped to abt only $7K. [furious] Imagine if I renewed it for only $7K. I can drive fr 10 years with a yearly depreciation of only $700 per year. [:|]

Very true! with one proviso that they don't charge for it. :D

Many ws wil BS u n say they got "special" connection wh inspection centre(when in fact ty dont) n charge u extra for this "service". But if car fail, ty make some excuse their contact not there or boss watching n still pocket the "fee" u paid him to go inspection. [laugh]

Conmen aplenty in stinkapore. [pirate]

Many ws wil BS u n say they got "special" connection wh inspection centre(when in fact ty dont) n charge u extra for this "service". But if car fail, ty make some excuse their contact not there or boss watching n still pocket the "fee" u paid him to go inspection. [laugh]

Conmen aplenty in stinkapore. [pirate]

Not unless r their regular customer or u know the WS well. The only drawback is tat they might con u to change some wear n tear parts which might not be neccessary yet in order to 'pass' the inspection.

Not necessary if your car is stock in accordance with factory specification.

LTA website has a list of legal and illegal modifications. This would be relevant if your car is not stock.

I think we're talking abt inspection for brakes, lights,smoke emission etc, not illegal modifications.

Neutral Newbie

hi, dig up this old thread.

the LTA inspection notice mentioned the existing (stock) rim/tyre size, will it be an issue if i turn up on the inspection day with a different set/size?

thanks in advance for all kind replies

the LTA inspection notice mentioned the existing (stock) rim/tyre size, will it be an issue if i turn up on the inspection day with a different set/size?

Most likely, yes. LTA nowadays are very on the ball on modifications done on cars. Never see news meh?

recently went for inspection. not true for rim, type and brake kits. most important is the exhaust system which they take a few picture. so long as it is done tastefully it should be ok.

Supercharged

Nowadays many motorist change their stock rim/tyres...so I believe it should not be an issue. Probably they might check the tyre tread to see if it is close to botak.

Just go for the inspection, and see what they say. If sway sway kena, then change the rim/tyre back to stock and quickly go back for re-inspection.

Neutral Newbie

tks bros for the replies....

seems that it is likely not going to be a problem, but cuz the old rims and tyres will be traded in, it would be a big hassle to go change it back and reinspect (old one sure fail tyre) [knife]

maybe the tyre shop may be able to advise... [idea]

Vicom don't check for rims and tyre at all, at most they also just take a look and give advice if tyre thread is wearing out or botak. What they really check is exhaust system (provide cert if you have legal exhaust), emission rate from exhaust, headlight, pole-light, windows tinting, alignment and if sway they will open your bonnet to see.

All else are nothing to worry, unless you have done mods to headlights, tint window or tail-lights etc

I was at BB Vicom this morning and saw there are car service center and workshop within the VICOM center itself.

Am wondering.

If my car doesn't pass inspection and if I decide to engage these workshops within the center, would it be significantly more expensive?

Has anyone tried?

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement