Best octane booster in local market

Zyrofillica

Izzit good?

Read my post on octane booster, unless you are facing pinging problems or tracking, you don't need octane boosters.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

That time I tried a bottle of STP octane booster on my SSS with 98 ron petrol. Effect was only initial nia, only felt smoothness in overall power delivery across the rev range for the first drive.

After that, like no effect back to normal. I was on half tank when I added it.

Tried STP.....uses when im half-tank....effect ok... but not sure if need to use this often... or maybe someone can advise how often to use....

would like to try out 98ron with some octane boost to 100 or 101 for my car. wanna see any change in FC/response. Does anyone know any reputable/reliable octane boosters in the local market? Where to buy? Thanks i advance. :D

Can know what is your engine compression ratio like (11.0:1 still can use Octane98 petrol)?

where to get this from? I just wanna try 101ron. My car meant to go higher ron. In japan its recommended 100RON minimum. dunno why come singapore the AD can say 95 ron can already. MAybe reset ECU try 100 RON, wanna see what im missing out on [laugh]

Singapore petrol slightly different from Japan petrol. Advance the ignition timing a little will do.

No prob..you are right that petrol are also not friendly with humans..that's why I stay away the pump and let the attendant do their job as far as possible..tough job

Heard after a about year exposure, most of them lost their sense of smell forever?

Read my post on octane booster, unless you are facing pinging problems or tracking, you don't need octane boosters.

Can have the ignition timing checked/calibrated?

Can know what is your engine compression ratio like (11.0:1 still can use Octane98 petrol)?

11.5:1 i think. direct injection so can use 98 as injector injects fuel directly into combustion chamber which helps cool piston

11.5:1 i think. direct injection so can use 98 as injector injects fuel directly into combustion chamber which helps cool piston

Myvi Owner Manual mentioned can use Octane90 petrol, but lethargic acceleration and about 2km/l FC difference with Octane 92, about 1km/l FC difference with Octane95 (now using Octane98)

You need to research the subject yourself.

Commercially available octane boosters will NEVER take your RON98 to RON100 unless you mix it 50:50 or something stupid like that. That ratio will damage your engine permanently.

It will only make RON98 become RON 98.4 at best if you follow the recommended dosage.

Can have the ignition timing checked/calibrated?

That can be done as well. Also adjust the A/F ratio. Also check on your knock sensor (if the engine has knock sensor).

Commercially available octane boosters will NEVER take your RON98 to RON100 unless you mix it 50:50 or something stupid like that. That ratio will damage your engine permanently.

It will only make RON98 become RON 98.4 at best if you follow the recommended dosage.

Have. There are octane boosters that can do that job. Eg. VP Octane booster sold in autobacs will do it but its very expensive. It will damage your O2 sensor in the long run also (not a big problem since O2 sensors are cheap to replace).

But might as well get racing fuel....... if you really need it.

That can be done as well. Also adjust the A/F ratio. Also check on your knock sensor (if the engine has knock sensor).

So sorry you replied to the wrong party. It is not about my car (laugh)

Can share with us how it will damage the engine permanently?

Can share with us how it will damage the engine permanently?

Just think about feeding your car with a 50:50 mix of off-the-shelf octane booster and RON98 petrol to bring it from RON98 to RON100, if at all possible.

The carrier liquid for such octane boosters is usually kerosene.

Have. There are octane boosters that can do that job. Eg. VP Octane booster sold in autobacs will do it but its very expensive. It will damage your O2 sensor in the long run also (not a big problem since O2 sensors are cheap to replace).

But might as well get racing fuel....... if you really need it.

VP Octane Booster, by their own claims, can only increase octane by 30 points:

http://www.best-chemical.com/vp-c5-octane.htm

That means RON98 will increase up to RON98.3.

That is what 30 points means.

And these are merely manufacturer's claims.

Have you actually sent a sample of petrol for assaying before?

↡ Advertisement