Best octane booster in local market

Zyrofillica

Neutral Newbie

Unfortunately, no numbers. Would prefer some measurement to see how much increase is the RON.

Hi Satria,

Based on the specification of Martini Super Boost, a 98 ron can be raised to 100.1 ron, using treat rate of 350ml to 42 liter of fuel. So my guess is the ron level is about 99-100..

Nonetheless, I think raising the octane level is one aspect of the super boost. What's important is will the octane increase+the quality of the product result in increased horse power? Previously, I've uploaded a write up on martini racing products that include super boost. From the dyno test result conducted by Spark, the super boost manage to increase 4-5% HP of a WRX and Honda Type R respectively just by pouring super boost in fuel tank. If tuning is done, the increase could go up to 8%. These numbers are not obituary but backed by dyno machines. Please see attached dyno test conducted in Australia. pg_111_114_Martini_Fuel_1_.pdfSkyline_R32_test.pdf

The reason why Martini Racing Products is called 'Liquid Horsepower' is that they believe that by just changing to their lubricants, it increases reliability and power of your car. This in turn allows motorsport enthusiast to focus more on the mechanical aspect of the car and allow them to raise the performance bar further. Having said that, Martini Racing Products are not magic liquids. Ultimately, proper servicing and modification need to be carried out based on industry standards. Otherwise, catastropic result may happen.

Hope this answer your question.

Neutral Newbie

The downside about octane boosters is $$$... Every tank.... its expensive....

I would say it depends on individual need...if you looking for instant increase in horsepower without spending $ on HW modification or wanting to have a better track time by improving the 97 octane that Malaysia has...then buying a quality octane booster that really works is worth while spending. It also cleans the fuel tank and other advantage. For normal driving, octane booster may not be that useful. I wouldn't top up each fuel tank with octane booster..that's for sure..

Anyone knows if engine cleaning helps save fuel consumption?

If you use 98 petrol & 100%syn engine oil from new,your engine should be still very clean after 100k km.