Petrol smell in car after pumping petrol

Waffenss

Neutral Newbie

sometimes after pumping petrol, i have the petrol smell in the car. not all the time, but out of 10 times, maybe 1-2 times. I kept my car totally lock, windows also close up. but it still happens. mine is a new car, less than 1 year old. this only happen right after pumping petrol, any reasons or explanations why?

↡ Advertisement

yeah, sometimes if you open the door while pumping is enough for you to kena the petrol smell. if smelly, smoke in car lor to get rid of that smell :)

WTH smoke in the car.. LOL!!! [laugh]

just wind down windows and drive.. after awhile, the smell will go away..

After paying, you open the car...thats when the petrol fume gets in.

Just have to drive off, open the windows....the fume will fade away.

sometimes after pumping petrol, i have the petrol smell in the car. not all the time, but out of 10 times, maybe 1-2 times. I kept my car totally lock, windows also close up. but it still happens. mine is a new car, less than 1 year old. this only happen right after pumping petrol, any reasons or explanations why?

This usually means your injectors spoilt but yrs is new car so dont think so.

Maybe u fill to full n yr fuel pump pump too much n got some fuel spill over n the smell comes in?

Last time my fren Chrysler Grand Voyager also got this problem. Always after pump full full in JB, his car got petrol smell inside but he drove fr a few years like that till he sold the car n nothing bad happened.

Nothing to worry about.

you've probably stepped on some petrol on the ground and transferred it into your car. Petrol will evaporate, the smell should go off after a few hours.

If the smell remains overnight, then something is really wrong. Needless to say this is when you should go check out if there's a leakage somewhere.

this is very serious, your fuel tank probably has a leak and the leak is getting into a valve somewhere that leads inside.

most likely aircon valve.

very dangerous.

Go back to the AD and demand that they exchange your car one for one or at the least replace the whole fuel tank and flush clean your pipes.

It's new so warranty should cover all.

[:p]

↡ Advertisement