To Stop or Speed Up at Yellow Light

Saviourwu

Hmm checked and no RLC at that junction. Car is a odyssey. Or could it just me being too slow being the speed limit and/Or the arrows of that junction is indeed more spaced out? :>

The arrows are painted or adjusted base on the speed limit of that stretch of road. U can see at times these arrow get reposition.

It is meant as a general guide as many factors can come in like what you mentioned if your speed is “slow” then rightfully u can brake in time instead of speed up; unless you got a powerful car.

Beside those hardware, the driver need to be attentive at all times.. as if you drive pass you may not know which arrow or in between which arrows. This tiny pause will caused a slower reaction time.

for me is red and followed by green arrow turn on and flashing IMMEDIATELY.

Becos no car detected at the right turning lane mah..

U be surprise alot of drivers don understand how the “smart” traffic system work.. sensor no sense so the smart system become “dumb”

↡ Advertisement

U be surprise alot of drivers don understand how the “smart” traffic system work.. sensor no sense so the smart system become “dumb”

Problem is when the sensor is not working properly.

I ever had a driver stuck at a red light ask a pedestrian (me) to press the green button for pedestrians so that the lights will change.

And it happened to me once. Light turn red and green arrow started flashing. I was waiting to turn so the moment the light turn red I inch forward anticipating the green arrow. Green arrow came out, blink blink and gone and I was like what? :D

• Praise 3

but true to be told, i really saw amber lights that suddenly turn red in split second.

encountered before but forgot which junction already..luckily I was riding bike :a-panic:  

I ever had a driver stuck at a red light ask a pedestrian (me) to press the green button for pedestrians so that the lights will change.

And it happened to me once. Light turn red and green arrow started flashing. I was waiting to turn so the moment the light turn red I inch forward anticipating the green arrow. Green arrow came out, blink blink and gone and I was like what? :D

yep, quite a few junctions are like this, probably 2-3 blinks and thats it...only 1 car can make it for the turn [hur]  :D

ok.. so I am not the only one that kanna blasted with a horn when I move and then it started to flash.

[:p]

Thanks for the reply guys. Paiseh I still p plate ð traffic lights enough to scare me away from the roads already. Lol

Yes.. traffic light need experience to use de!
  • Praise 1

Yes.. traffic light need experience to use de! ð

My wife âbeatâ red light got herself 12 points during p plate as misjudged.. din drive anymore ð

Must wait until probation over?

It's very simple

Always slow down at junctions expecting a yellow.

If never change feel disappointed look out for cars chionging red lights and if safe to cross then put your foot on the accelerator.

So simple.

:D

For familiar junctions, I see the pedestrian crossing timer to anticipate whether the green light will change to amber. 

I also experienced the right turn arrow blinking straight away. When there is a car waiting in the box but if the car is not far out enough, it doesn't trigger the sensor and the right turn arrow will just flash twice, so usually only the car in the box can make the right turn or at most the car behind him. 

Having sensors are good especially in the middle of the night when there's low traffic but the current design means it just needs that first car to position wrongly for the right turn queue to build up since only one or two cars can turn. We need a smarter system than this.

Maybe all these issues will disappear as we move away from discretionary right turns and the right turn boxes. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1