• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
385 replies to this topic | 514 praises

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

Redcafe10
  • Redcafe10
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bro,

I am new to car performance. Just curious to know what modification is required that can increase acceleration but stay LTA friendly as well.

I have heard many car with very loud engine noise (voom voom), does those meant for more power for the car? Legal?

Thanks in advance.

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bro,

I am new to car performance. Just curious to know what modificication is required that can increase accelerataion but stay LTA friendly as well.

I have heard many car with very loud engine noise (voom voom), does those meant for more power for the car? Legal?

Thanks in advance.

Just buy a better car laugh.gif.

Regards,
Mercury1, Antonee, dcb, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:19 AM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Reduce weight, especially tyres and rims.

Off aircon.

Rev till ~peak power RPM before upshifting.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

Hoytusa84
  • Hoytusa84
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Install LTA friendly exhaust, which comes with the vroom vroom, remapping of ECU, E manage or unichip piggyback for ECU, lighten car weight eg: rims. e throttle controller to change sports, eco or normal mode, sprint booster for responsive accelerator, change manifold, cold air intake, change filter to high flow, low temp thermostat, or just install a turbo kit and pay workshop inspect for u. laugh.gif

cllq, Antonee, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this
STRESSED IS ONLY DESSERTS SPELT BACKWORDS.
So don't be stressed! Have some desserts!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

GoodCar
  • Premium member
    GoodCar
    6th Gear
    Author Image

High torque engine with correct gearing and car with optimum power to weigh ratio.
but at the end of the day, most car accelerate good enough for daily driving.

Drive too fast increase risk and damage of accident and end up increase insurance burning more money.

Drive safely, this is a small city, everyone can drive fast by just stepping on the right pedal.
but to drive safely, efficiently is a skill.

Just my humble opinion.
Antonee, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Picanto

Hi bro,

I am new to car performance. Just curious to know what modificication is required that can increase accelerataion but stay LTA friendly as well.

Thanks in advance.

what car you drive?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

Haziqko
  • Haziqko
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

Change engine, exhaust and air intake. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Antonee, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this
MCF Premier League team: DIV2 Panathinaikos motto : "we'll give you a damn good fight"

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

Mit81
  • Premium member
    Mit81
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Change out yr stock final drive to aftermarket one if there is for yr ride
Angcheek and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:42 AM

Lanevomax
  • Lanevomax
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

you need to basically to change 70% of your car parts to balance with your car performance(power).

my point of advise:

save your money from modification then buy a better car. if you dont listen , you will use alot of money to learn this sentance of wise words.

Edited by Lanevomax, 12 March 2011 - 10:49 AM.

Angcheek and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

You've bought the wrong car. You should have got yourself a performance car.
I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

Kyojin
  • Kyojin
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if all you care for is acceleration, then get lighter wheels and while you are at that change to a smaller sized wheel. also get tires that are as skinny as possible and over-inflate them to about 38-40 psi.

this will give you superb straight line acceleration. but can't say much about looks, safety and handling. laugh.gif

also rip out the rear seats, remove all carpets and sound deadening material (lots of this between carpets and the door panels. take out the spare wheels and tools in the boot and remove all the lining there as well.

not sure why do you want to accelerate so fast... if you have to wait to get a fast car, just wait. better to save up money than to spend money modifying something to be 0.5 second faster from 0-100.
Angcheek and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If's it manual gear, change final drive and flywheel. Leave the IHE untouched.

Get a set of lightweight sport rims and off you go.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your avatar looks like Yaris/Vitz. If it's a 1.5L, good enough for traffic light sprinting.

Most of the time, it's people who do not understand their car characteristics rather than the car has poor acceleration. If you're scared to press accelerator to 3K rpm, how do you expect fast acceleration? The engine won't fall apart even if you gun it till 5K rpm.

Your concern should be if your tyres and suspension can take the bends/corners or the much needed last minute evasive lane changing action without jumping curb when you're fast and furious.

Edited by Kangadrool, 12 March 2011 - 11:13 AM.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

High torque engine with correct gearing and car with optimum power to weigh ratio.

Drive too fast increase risk and damage of accident and end up increase insurance burning more money.

Drive safely, this is a small city, everyone can drive fast by just stepping on the right pedal.

Just my humble opinion.

yes if a driver is good a person will be able to get the most out of a car smile.gif

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Reduce weight, especially tyres and rims.

Off aircon.

Rev till ~peak power RPM before upshifting.

yes that is correct

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

if all you care for is acceleration, then get lighter wheels and while you are at that change to a smaller sized wheel. also get tires that are as skinny as possible and over-inflate them to about 38-40 psi.

this will give you superb straight line acceleration. but can't say much about looks, safety and handling. laugh.gif

also rip out the rear seats, remove all carpets and sound deadening material (lots of this between carpets and the door panels. take out the spare wheels and tools in the boot and remove all the lining there as well.

not sure why do you want to accelerate so fast... if you have to wait to get a fast car, just wait. better to save up money than to spend money modifying something to be 0.5 second faster from 0-100.

lol depends on the right pressure for the car

but yea better to get a performance car...

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Your avatar looks like Yaris/Vitz. If it's a 1.5L, good enough for traffic light sprinting.

Most of the time, it's people who do not understand their car characteristics rather than the car has poor acceleration. If you're scared to press accelerator to 3K rpm, how do you expect fast acceleration? The engine won't fall apart even if you gun it till 5K rpm.

Your concern should be if your tyres and suspension can take the bends/corners or the much needed last minute evasive lane changing action without jumping curb when you're fast and furious.

u can even go to 7 to 8k

drive safe

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Just my humble opinion.

yes efficiency is a skill

Edited by Ithunk, 12 March 2011 - 11:22 AM.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

Nsc9281
  • Nsc9281
    Clutched
    Author Image

Drive a sonata.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Cephas
  • Premium member
    Cephas
    4th Gear
    Author Image

higer torque for quicker acceleration, horse power is for cruising...it's a common mistake that many based on HP for faster acceleration....
Lambo with open pod....weeeee

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

RAGE Performance Technik

RAGE Performance Technik  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by P0318693  |  Neutral Newbie

Car owners that wanted coilover should go to Rage Performance.

Shop owner Daniel is super knowledgeable about cars and its mechanics. He had a direct business link with Taiwan manufacturer which makes prices very competitive and great quality.

Bought Rage Performance coilover to replace my old BC racing coilovers and my goodness it was amazing!!! T... » Read More

MSP Far East Pte Ltd

MSP Far East Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JJwangli  |  Neutral Newbie

My Audi was towed to his shop in bad shape. Oil leaking everywhere, front end smashed, very sad. I was terrified about what it may cost. Calvin helped with insurance, and made me feel comfortable. When I went to pick up the car and drive away I noticed some lingering issues. I called the shop, and Calvin took care of me & Took time to explain to me and how to take care... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Power Enhancement

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users